Photo
- - - - -

Why was TamaTalk down this morning?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TamaMan Reformed

• tamaman-reformed user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:02 PM ( #21 )

Oh yeah thanks for an update a month after you closed it for no reason. Why didn't you tell us that from the start? I fail to believe a word of this. The chat has been running fine for a near a year with crazy amounts of people and it it just magically "breaks down"? Come on.

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:26 PM ( #22 )

Oh yeah thanks for an update a month after you closed it for no reason. Why didn't you tell us that from the start? I fail to believe a word of this. The chat has been running fine for a near a year with crazy amounts of people and it it just magically "breaks down"? Come on.

Oh, TamamMan Reformed. Come on, I tottaly understand why you are mad. You think that Admin has given up on you and let you down. He hasn't just understand.

Edited by Locky458, 04 February 2007 - 09:27 AM.

TamaMan Reformed

• tamaman-reformed user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:51 PM ( #23 )

Nah I just think there is more then meets the eye on this one, and something needs to be done....Give it time because I will make sure that it gets done.

Edited by TamaMan Reformed, 03 February 2007 - 11:13 PM.

TamaMan Reformed2

• tamaman-reformed2 user photo

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:30 PM ( #24 )

That was a nasty suspension put on me.

Honeysuckle

• honeysuckle user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:54 AM ( #25 )

Hasn't tamagotchionline got the exact same chat? :lol:

RachelGotchi

• rachelgotchi user photo
  • FOUR TIME Lifetime Angelgotchi
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:51 AM ( #26 )

That was a nasty suspension put on me.

Why are you so upset anyway? It seems kind of ignorant to get all riled up over a chatroom.

There are millions all over the net, and probably hundreds that are tama related. Heck, if it's so horrible make your own chat.

And let's put your idea into perspective. Okay, Admin pulled the chat down for his own personal gain. So what? No more chat. Like TamaMum said, the Forums aren't just some addition to the chat, the chat is the addition to the forums.

WarriorsCatRulz

• warriorscatrulz user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:35 AM ( #27 )

Admin you are so kind. Doing all this work just for us! We're all thankful............(though, I dont know HOW thankful TamaMan Reformed is....) but I am so happy that you are here to help. Take your time, don't rush and definantly do not listen to people that say "HURRY UP WE WANT TAMACHAT!!!" because haste is a waste.

Ranma gal

• ranma-gal user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:06 PM ( #28 )

Thanks for the update admin! I was worried about tamatalk that morning. It's great that it wasn't a big problem. I'm still a little upset about the chat, but I know you're trying your hardest to run Tamatalk, so we can be patient a little longer. See you later!

Gerbils4ever

• gerbils4ever user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:53 PM ( #29 )

Why are you so upset anyway? It seems kind of ignorant to get all riled up over a chatroom.

There are millions all over the net, and probably hundreds that are tama related. Heck, if it's so horrible make your own chat.

And let's put your idea into perspective. Okay, Admin pulled the chat down for his own personal gain. So what? No more chat. Like TamaMum said, the Forums aren't just some addition to the chat, the chat is the addition to the forums.

Okay. I do get what you are saying. But I'm also saying that perhaps I actually like THIS chat the most? And it was pretty stupid that TMR got suspened for saying his mind. Everyone has a freedom of speech. And all of a sudden, the Admin figures out chat is messing up the forums? Oh sure...whatever you wanna say.

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:57 PM ( #30 )

Okay. I do get what you are saying. But I'm also saying that perhaps I actually like THIS chat the most? And it was pretty stupid that TMR got suspened for saying his mind. Everyone has a freedom of speech. And all of a sudden, the Admin figures out chat is messing up the forums? Oh sure...whatever you wanna say.

Do what I did, Put it in the Suggestions section.
-------------------------
Example:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Here's what the sad Admin said

I have to admit that being called a liar was the last thing I expected. At no time have I lied about the chat. It was taken down because the site was suffering from slowness at a time when the number of people visiting was also going up. The choice was made to close chat so that the rest of the site did not suffer. Is chat popular? Yes... But not one of the more popular parts of the site. We are now, and for the future will be, primarily a forum site. If you really *HAVE* to have your chat fix then please feel free to exchange AIM information. There are lots of alternatives. I can't sacrifice the forums because of chat.

My current theory is that the slowness of TT (which made me decide to close chat) was an early sign of drive problems on the server. The drive was replaced yesterday and now we test to make sure the theory is correct. If the new drive solves the problems and all looks to be OK then chat can be considered again.

Admin

PS - My apologies if any of this sounds harsh or rude. That is not my intention. I am still a little stunned to see me being called a liar and cries of protest being posted. I totally udnerstand the frustration of not having chat. All I ask is that some patience be given here. We are all trying to do the best that we can with what resources and time we have.

Edited by Locky458, 04 February 2007 - 07:00 PM.

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:03 PM ( #31 )

EDIT : REMOVED MEAN COMMENT.

Edited by Locky458, 04 February 2007 - 07:16 PM.

Bell Sprout

• bell-sprout user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:13 PM ( #32 )

Locky458, please stop trying to stir the pot. Your question demonstrates that you have little understanding of what is required to host a website of this size - which is not something that anyone expects from you unless you have worked in the field of IT.

I suggest you and all other members who wish to start another little flame war about how this website is run, back off otherwise this thread will also get closed. Either you learn to argue in a calm, rational manner backed up with some facts or steer clear. In the end it will be you who suffers - personally I do not wish to see that.

TamaChat is a privilege NOT a right! TamaTalk is here only because of the hours of hard work and $$$ that Admin puts in here. It is because of Admin's goodwill that this place is open. Please put it in to persective - there are more important things here than TamaChat.

Ultimately, if you don't like it here and don't agree with what it happening, feel free to exercise your right to free will and leave. Throwing your anger around is not going to make TamaTalk a better place to be and will not bring TamaChat back.

Consider this your first and final warning on this thread.

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:14 PM ( #33 )

Locky458, please stop trying to stir the pot. You question demonstrates that you have little understanding of what is required to host a website of this size - which is not something that anyone expects from you unless you have worked in the field of IT.

I suggest you and all other members who wish to start another little flame war about how this website is run back off otherwise this thread will also get closed. Either you learn to argue in a calm, rational manner backed up with some facts or steer clear. In the end it will be you who suffers - personally I do not wish to see that.

TamaChat is a privilege NOT a right! TamaTalk is here only because of the hours of hard work and $$$ that Admin puts in here. It is because of Admin's goodwill that this place is open. Please put it in to persective - there are more inmportant things here than TamaChat.

Ultimately, if you don't like it here and don't agree with what it happening, feel free to exercise your right to free will and leave. Throwing your anger around is not going to make TamaTalk a better place to be and will not bring TamaChat back.

Consider this your first and final warning on this thread.

Sorry BellSprout, Just got all flippy and stuff......

Gerbils4ever

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:22 PM ( #34 )

Removed by G4E

Edited by Gerbils4ever, 04 February 2007 - 07:24 PM.

Honeysuckle

• honeysuckle user photo

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:32 AM ( #35 )

I'm sure eveyone is thankful. I can understand why everybody is fed up, but I'm sure everything will be fine. :D :lol:

TamaManReformed, I understand. :angry:

ChinaGirl

• chinagirl user photo

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:31 PM ( #36 )

Wow - well, if the drive is already replaced... I have noticed that TamaTalk is still slow - so you must still be testing it?

I miss the Chat - it's usually nice there (only a few complete jerks.. :furawatchi: ) - but I don't want Chat back if it makes TamaTalk as slow as this... :furawatchi: - I prefer to wait and see if you can get both running at normal speed :ichigotchi:

Gerbils4ever

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:58 PM ( #37 )

I would much rather have a slow TT and chat, then no chat at all!

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:12 PM ( #38 )

Wow - well, if the drive is already replaced... I have noticed that TamaTalk is still slow - so you must still be testing it?

I miss the Chat - it's usually nice there (only a few complete jerks.. :furawatchi: ) - but I don't want Chat back if it makes TamaTalk as slow as this... :kuribotchi: - I prefer to wait and see if you can get both running at normal speed :furawatchi:

Cool! :ichigotchi: I think I remember you! :gozarutchi:

I would much rather have a slow TT and chat, then no chat at all!

Wow Gerbils4ever, LOL :furawatchi: I'm very sorry you feel that way. You can make your chatroom at PARACHAT.

Gerbils4ever

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:40 PM ( #39 )

I don't want to make a chat! I want TC back! I'm sorry, but seriously? What actions are being taken to help this situation? And don't you all this is getting out of hand? Suspensions, bad karmas, revenge plans. The list can probably go on. I have never acted out like this on the internet, but I did when it was a month after the bad news. I mean, a month!?!? Admin knows it's the chat making TT slow, so what he is doing about it? Nothing really. Just sitting there on his butt watching time go by? I think it's time you do something about it! Did you hear that Admin?!?!

Locky458

• locky458 user photo

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:53 PM ( #40 )

I don't want to make a chat! I want TC back! I'm sorry, but seriously? What actions are being taken to help this situation? And don't you all this is getting out of hand? Suspensions, bad karmas, revenge plans. The list can probably go on. I have never acted out like this on the internet, but I did when it was a month after the bad news. I mean, a month!?!? Admin knows it's the chat making TT slow, so what he is doing about it? Nothing really. Just sitting there on his butt watching time go by? I think it's time you do something about it! Did you hear that Admin?!?!

Um WOW! You should P.M. Admin.

Here's what he said

I have to admit that being called a liar was the last thing I expected. At no time have I lied about the chat. It was taken down because the site was suffering from slowness at a time when the number of people visiting was also going up. The choice was made to close chat so that the rest of the site did not suffer. Is chat popular? Yes... But not one of the more popular parts of the site. We are now, and for the future will be, primarily a forum site. If you really *HAVE* to have your chat fix then please feel free to exchange AIM information. There are lots of alternatives. I can't sacrifice the forums because of chat.

My current theory is that the slowness of TT (which made me decide to close chat) was an early sign of drive problems on the server. The drive was replaced yesterday and now we test to make sure the theory is correct. If the new drive solves the problems and all looks to be OK then chat can be considered again.

Admin

PS - My apologies if any of this sounds harsh or rude. That is not my intention. I am still a little stunned to see me being called a liar and cries of protest being posted. I totally udnerstand the frustration of not having chat. All I ask is that some patience be given here. We are all trying to do the best that we can with what resources and time we have.