EBay Fakesellers

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you do if you bought a FAKE cyberpet from online?

• Report the seller IMMEDIATELY

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • nothing...

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xTama-Queenx

Reaction score
Not only have the sellers from HONG-KONG been selling FAKE tamagotchis, BROKEN too!

what do you think about this? people are selling fake tamagotchi's, no wonder everyone says 'DONT BUY FROM HONG KONG' as they sell broken, cheapy, tacky and FAKE cyber pets, unable to WORK! :wub:

It depends. If I got a vitual pet even though I thounght to buy a tamagotchi, and it still worked, I would not report it. But if it was broken, I would definatley do something.

YOU SHOULDN'T BUY ANYTHING FROM HONG KONG ANYWAY!!!! Sorry about the all caps. I guess that I got a little carried away. LOL. It's just that I bought a set of Pokemon figures from there before I knew better, and almost half came broken. One of them even had an unidentified substance that looked like peanut butter on it. GROSS!!!

Anyway, that was my first and last experience from buying things from Hong Kong. I didn't report the guy. My dad was able to fix most figures with super glue, and we just washed the dirty Absol. LOL

Not alll eBay is bad, though. I got a Tamagotchi Angel from Jason in Jason's store and I was very happy with it. My dad also got me a Tamagotchi Ocean for Christmas that I was extremely happy with. It came with batteries, directions and cool Jappaneese stickers! :)

I'll stop rambling now.

:blink: Tama_Lover

I take a perverse satisfaction out of obtaining hong kong "gifts" as long as I didn't pay too much for them. For an example, I have a charming bootlegged Pokemon Green Version that is so glitchy you can barely get through the thing. Since I got it for free from a friend for free, I like it. I'm usually pretty good at spotting the fake tamas on ebay, so I haven't accidentally purchased one yet. But if I did and I didn't spend too much $$, it'd be a funny little thing to show to my two friends that like tamas. I'd report the seller if I thought I was getting a yasashii or something rare like that but ended up with a fakey, because that means I probably would've payed quite a bit to get jipped.

Other than that, they're kinda funny.

However, I wouldn't wish a fake purchase on anyone who wasn't aware they were getting something fake. It's probably a real bummer when you get a piece o' poo like that.

I have a tamagotchi and it looks like a V4 but the circle on the antenna is smaller. AND it claims to be a Spanish edition...it also looks like a debugged Tamagotchi because you choose your own character and you the character is really big! Also the games are really weird and it is 100% fake!

I HATE sellers from Hong-Kong!! I bought 3 purses for 30 dollars and they NEVER SENT THEM!!! we reported them and all they said was 'oh well. we can't do anything' :angry: :angry: AUGH!!

they can sell broken tamagotchis if they say in the description of the item that it's broken but the price is a low price generally

You know mail from China is very slow but 3 times fake seller just rate them 0 star all the way down. There is one good shop in Hong Kong I forrget what it was called but I boght a P2 and it works right to this day fast mail too. The key chain fell off but I am not blaming that on Hong Kong because that happend to my friend's angelgotch from Japan I got a new key chain. There is a shop in China that is horrible for all there items look like fake yasashiis that can connect three of them together for bid I bided on the three and it took for ever to come but China mail is very slow and I got them and I opened the package and it was one fake V5 made by JD the wort fake pet commpany and it had tamagotchi characters and I just wanted to see what would happen if I connected it with an Uratama and the fake pet thought it was connecting but the Uratama didn't connect and the Uratama had problems connecting for a while but now it connects properly. :p

I haven't had problems with buying from hong kong but I never bought any digital pets from there. I've bought bracelets, charms, and a ring from there. I think I even got a camera bag... but I'll make note not to buy digital pets from there. XD

Some things you should look for when buying from ebay:

- Seller has good rating.

- Always look for a Bandai mark.

- Ask the seller questions before you bid/buy for anything you are not sure of.

And if you are still not sure, you can always check with everyone here on TamaTalk!^^

There is really nothing that can be done..... The buyer has to read and look at the item CAREFULLY before bidding on an item.

Well, tamagotchis are manufactured in China though... that was totally random.

As long as it doesn't list 'tamagotchi' on it and has a different name, games and a slightly different appearance, then I'm okay with it.

'____'

I got one of my Uratama's from a hong kong seller and it worked perfectly, nothing was wrong with it. I think it depends on the seller and you really need to pay attention to feedback.

:D OH WAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM A NEW BUT AWSOME MEMBER HERE B THE WAY SPRED THE WORD

I JUST BOUGHT A V5 FROM HONG KONG I WILL POST ON HOW IT WORKS AS SOON AS I GET IT PPL OK

Well, you need to watch ebay sellers in particular.

Watch shipping costs as well because they like overcharging...

Speaking of shipping.....

I decided to give this one seller another chance. I don't know if it was them or the goverment flirting with my package too long.... (ya......)

I bought something from them and it had a tracking number but there wasnt information on it for 3-4 weeks. Then it sat in mail for another week and then finally was on destination to the USA. Sat in a unsual mail spot (Not in usual customs) longer then usual... then came after a week in the USA. UG. It must have been the mail people because they mailed it the day they got paid from me.

Looks like as of now it was the government flirting with my package. If you want a Precure toy... You buy your own.... Freaking Hong Kong Gov. hahahaha. (Only in Hong Kong will they flirt with your package....) and it wasn't the only time... but it was a different person and package all together.

If you really want good offical things, buy from Nippon=Deals. Those people are AWesome. Maybe used but you know they are offical things... for the most part.

:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
:D :angry: :angry: B) I would report their butts right away! I think that is a crime! Thanks for telling us this on this post cause I was about to buy one! B)

You need to look at the seller's ratings and stuff. If they got good ratings I would believe the person's trying to sell that item. And thank you for telling me to look for sellers from Hong Kong. Helps a lot.

Heh, read the name carefully. Make sure it does not say "Tamagotchan", or "Tamagotch" or "Tamakachi" etc etc, because there are plenty of those. There are plenty of down right straight up knock offs with different names too, like Smart Chick, although the shell is the same as a Tama, they usually have the Gyupi programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back