Anyone here tried Retromon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiken

Reaction score
So I was looking for an original Digimon experience to run alongside my Tama, but did not want to buy a physical one since you need to know others that have it to get the full experience (being 35, it isn’t easy).

I came across this Retromon app that has been around for a while, and I have to say it seems pretty polished at the time of posting this. The only real difference between it and the originals is that there is no overfeeding or sleep disturbances, but they did add a 3rd teen option to help decide which adult it grows into (all based on how you raise it of course).

I currently have the ultimate form evolved from what would be the equivalent of Metal Grey Mon, and I have found it quite enjoyable. You can battle online, and odds are tied to the muscle level of your retromon (goes further than the meter on the base stats, mine is over 100 according to settings), and there are bots present for when you want to battle but not a lot of actual players are on.

Also there are a number of eggs you can choose to start, each with their own evolutionary tree which helps with replay value. Here is an example of a growth tree from their facebook page, and they seem to add more every 6 months or so. I will also post the links to google play and ios for anyone that might want to check it out.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/retromon-virtual-pet-monster/id895314905
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.numbigames.VPM&gl=US
348141EA-6785-4620-9D53-8601228EB55C.jpeg

It is very F2P friendly, though there are cheap micro transaction shortcuts (nothing that hurts PvP). Ads are non-intrusive and you can skip after 5 sec, but there is also an option to disable them for a few bucks if you want as well. If you decide to try it, post here and we can add eachother to our friends list!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back