Japanese Tamagotchi that has English language and Bill?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legend X

Reaction score
Back in June, I purchased a brand new 1996/1997 Japanese P1. I was under the impression that the secret character would be the Japanese version (Oyajitchi) as well as in the Japanese language.

t01.jpg

t02.jpg

However, upon running it, the language is entirely in English. The secret character is Bill, not Oyajitchi. Is this some kind of mistake or is this somehow an international version in Japanese packaging?

If anybody has any insight, I would appreciate it!

Edit: Apparently, it's the English Hong Kong version. Someone on Reddit identified it.

Last edited:
Glad you were able to get it confirmed! I also heard of instances where the programming can get switched around in one device, but as far as I know, that is only for the re-releases and not for the original '97 devices.

Hopefully, you'll get Oyajitchi in another device!

Glad you were able to get it confirmed! I also heard of instances where the programming can get switched around in one device, but as far as I know, that is only for the re-releases and not for the original '97 devices.

Hopefully, you'll get Oyajitchi in another device!
I didn't know that the programming can get switched around in the re-releases. Is it a type of random glitch? Thanks for letting me know! At least I can get Oyajitchi in the Mini, V3 and Keitai versions.

I didn't know that the programming can get switched around in the re-releases. Is it a type of random glitch? Thanks for letting me know! At least I can get Oyajitchi in the Mini, V3 and Keitai versions.

I think it is indeed a type of random glitch! The re-releases have both the Japanese and international programming in the devices, and there are instances of people getting the opposite JP version and vice versa by fiddling with the devices like removing and reinserting the battery a few times. It isn't guaranteed to work, but it's definitely happened! I've been tempted to try it for a few of my re-release devices, but I'm way too chicken to do so, lol

Either way, I wish you good luck in getting the silly old man Oyajitchi!

I think it is indeed a type of random glitch! The re-releases have both the Japanese and international programming in the devices, and there are instances of people getting the opposite JP version and vice versa by fiddling with the devices like removing and reinserting the battery a few times. It isn't guaranteed to work, but it's definitely happened! I've been tempted to try it for a few of my re-release devices, but I'm way too chicken to do so, lol

Either way, I wish you good luck in getting the silly old man Oyajitchi!
Thanks for the information!

But today when I checked, Kuchipatchi evolved into Oyajitchi on two different minis!

20240101_oyajitchi_double_mini.jpg

Latest posts

Back