Pixel Chix Black Screen - Possible Fix

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently, I bought a few Pixel Chix toys second hand. One of them was the original house.
When I first got the toy, I put fresh batteries in and turned it on. The lights were on, and the toy made sound. However, there were rows of black pixels covering the screen and no graphics showed on the screen.

My solution? Wait it out.

After just leaving the toy idle for a few minutes, the black pixels disapeared and the toy played out as normal.
When changing the batteries yesterday, the same thing happened, but this time the light in the window (at the top of the toy) was on.

Again, I waited maybe 3-5 minutes and it worked again! :)
Unfortunately, the "no" button doesn't work on my house, so once I reach level 5, she won't eat anything but takeout haha

I'm going to see if I can fix the button by taking apart the toy. I will report back here at some point!

i have no idea if this will work with other PC toys, as I have not experienced anything like this with the others. Remember, what works for me may not work for you!

Pixel Chix are not well made toys, so if you decide to buy one second hand, it may not work as intended. I had a few of these toys during their run, and they did things like this back then too (check out older posts on Pixel Chix Talk and you'll see what I mean).

One last thing, I highly recommend you do not try to take apart the toy unless you know what you're doing.
It can be dangerous, and, aside from breaking the toy, you could get hurt! Don't mess with the wires or ports!

Latest posts

Back