Has This Ever Happened To You?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelJ

Reaction score
Does anyone else have family that makes fun of them for liking Tamagotchi? :wacko:

My cousins, my father, and even my best friend constantly talk about how "silly", "stupid", or even "gay" my Tamagotchis are (please don't get mad, but that's what they call them). My friend even laughed when three of my four Tamagotchis died. :lol: As it turned out, they were fine when I went to sleep the evening before. I woke up a LONG time later, and three of them had died and one was sick. My older cousin even said IN FRONT OF EVERYONE "Three of them died. That's what kind of a mother Jessie's gonna be! HA HA".

They also poke fun of the fact that I tend to take them EVERYWHERE (doesn't everyone?). This past Sunday, we went to a little interactive museum thingy. They had this little dinner show, and before it started, I decided to check on my Tamagotchis. THE SECOND I took one out, it's all "Hey, what's so good about them!?", "Hey, did you kill any of them!?", "Hey, do you have all of them with you!?"... :D

In fact, I've started "fussing" over them even more, kind of like when I got my first. You know, you took REALLY GOOD care of your very first Tamagotchi? I've started doing that again.

They sit on the coffee table in their little holder while I watch The Golden Girls every morning, up on the counter while I do the dishes, in my jeans pocket while I'm on a jogging route, out to eat with Dad, over at a friend's house, EVERYWHERE... they're even right here on the printer beside me now. -_- I think it's because I'd hoped and prayed for one sooooo much, and now I've got one... or maybe it's just that girly, nurturing instinct. :huh:

I hate to make a big deal of this, but it's so annoying! :mellow: I need some advice as well. I really want a V2 Connection, but I'm afraid I'd get harrassed even more. Also, how can I convince them that Tamagotchi is a great hobby, and a wonderfully cute little virtual pet to teach kids responsibility?

Any ideas? :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I have that problem too. My mom and dad don't approve of tamagotchis (even though they buy them for me) and the people at school who don't have tamagotchis hate them.

My advice is to play along with it. You like tamagotchis....so what? Everyone on this site does too, and that's thousands of people. People all like different things, and tamagotchis happen to be one of our hobbies.

So if people tease you about your love for tamagotchis, just say, "Yeah, I'm a tama addict alright!" and smile about it.Then find something your friends and relatives love a lot, then joke about it. For example, if your cousin is obsessed with a music group, say "Wow, you're obsessed with ______ as much as I am with my tamagotchis!" That will stop your cousin for a while.

Go ahead and get a v2. And remember, if you are being teased about your tamagotchis, it doesn't mean that you are the only one.

An idea to convice your family and friends: If you can bear it, let your cousin, friend, or parents take care of one of your tamagotchis for a day. Teach them the controls and let them use it. If possible, leave behind two of your tamagotchis and teach them how to connect. When they get bored, let them view TamaTalk and see how many people are like you: tamagotchi lovers. This should help them truly understand what you love about tamagotchis and why you love tamagotchis.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably can not convince them to like them.....just because you like them and they dont doesnt mean that they are right about them and you'r wrong. And try not to let it get to you.

yeah people can b so cruel over a tamagotchi. people at my school think they r dumb. :D dont pay attention to them. they r allowed to hate tamagotchis but they cant make u stop loving them.

Get the v2 because you want it. Don't do any physical harm until they decide to touch your tamagotchis. Any if the only insult they can come up with is "gay", just don't bother, they obviously aren't smart enough to lose sleep over.
Rinse, Repeat. ;)

Well my mom is cool about it when I show her my Tama she just goes like 'wow so cute' (something like that) On the other hand my dad doesnt let me play with electronics such as Gameboys and computers(but i secretly do! :D ) So well parents probably forgot what they were like when they were kids(sorry) ;)

Agreed. Mum and dad are like its a wast of money. Some of my friends are like that aswell. But, they just think im crazy because i now have 15 tamagotchis (they thorght i was crazy before that ;) ). Thats why i come here to let out all of my rant/interesting/fun/etc.. tama stuff that happens.

im lucky that i dont get that problem. im 17 and live with my 23 year old boyfriend. and i thaught he would make fun of me having them, but he's really cool about it!

i told him i would like to start collecting them again, and he baught me a devilchi!

i think you have to stand up to your friends and family to be honest. just say " look everyone has a hobby, tama's are mine! if you dont like it then dont look! " thats what i would say!

Grr, its hard. *Sniff* I have 2 sisters that are older than me and think Tamagotchis are stupid. They even think TamaTalk is stupid. They think its nerdy. I never trust them. I think its so hard being the smaller sister. I cant admit I like Pokemon to them or else, they would tell the whole world! *Sniff* <_<

I ENCORIGE PPL TO GET tamagotchis

AND THEY BACOME MEMBERS OF TAMATALK

AND THEY ALLWAYS REFIR TO ME (OR BOSS AS THEY CALL ME) IF THEY NEED HELP ON tamagotchis AND CHARACTERS FAVOURITE FOODS

Don't feel bad. People tease Tama owners that are GRANDMAs a lot. :p :D
I told my grandma about Tamagotchi. She's pretty intruged by it, and wants me to show her how it works the next time I go back home, up north. :p

In fact, she sent me twenty bucks for my b-day, and I wanna get a V2 with that! :p

Cool, my parents dont give me money more my b-day...just gifts.

My friends and Family are ok about Tamagotchis. :D

But sometimes, when I take my tamagotchis to school, one of the popular kids comes up to me and says in a sweet voice 'Can I have a look at your Tamagotchi?' After that, they pull a face and talk behind my back! :lol:

I have the same problem as well. I bring my Tamagotchi to school and people say I'm a baby, but hey, that's their problem. Nothing is really defined as a "baby's" object, all that matters is if you enjoy it! People these days are so judgemental, and they expect others to be like themselves. It doesn't matter what they think about you, because it's they that possesses such a fault, the lack of an open mind.Why people think Tamagotchis are baby toys I'll never know, because they're not! They're a lot of fun to have, cute, and not at all for children, they can be for any age. Just ignore what people think about you, because you are your own person, and if people are unable to fathom that than it is their major fault for having such a closed mind about things. And I earnestly hope that no one on this website ever succumbs to peer pressure, that they always be their own person and don't care what others think about them.

-Aryll

i SO agree that i have a problem. one time ( well actually EVERYDAY ) i bring my tamagotchi to school right? and the problem is that my friend ( well everyone's my friend ) Max says there stupid and g** (sorry for swears) because they r addicting and everyone in the grade doesnt agree and hes the only one who says that. most of the kids in the grade have tamagotchis! even him ( he has the chinese one) some have dinky dinos some have diffferent ones. so i dont kno the problem but i tell him stuff about them and him and he goes '' they r still stupid. i dont kno y everyone likes them!'' it is frustarating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back