Sleep Paralysis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery

Reaction score
One night, just as I was about to go back to bed from waking up a few minutes ago, I fell right to sleep. After a few minutes, my eyes opened willingly (On it's own) and suddenly my muscles locked up and I couldn't move! I couldn't talk or anything, the only thing I could do was look around the room without turning my head or anything.I was scared, I tried with all my might to move, but I couldn't. Then after a few minutes, I could move again! It was by far one of the most scary things I ever experienced.

I did some research and found out it was called sleep paralysis.

Here was the link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

What really scared me was that they say Sleep Paralysis is caused because a demon is sitting on top of you, but I saw no demon, that was probably a hoax.

So has anyone had sleep paralysis before? What are you'r thought on this?

P.S I suggest you visit the link if you've had Sleep Paralysis before.

Yeah, I've had it. My circadian rhythm is way off, and for whatever reason, right as I was falling asleep I jolted and became totally conscious, and I couldn't move at all - however, I hallucinated when I had my episode. The hallucination is where the demon rumour comes from - when people experienced in old times (Sleep paralysis is usually a chronic condition) they would hallucinate frightening creatures and they'd say "Omg demonz!" That's how that legend came to be.

The cause of sleep paralysis is still pretty mysterious. It occurs usually in sleep deprived induviduals and people who suffer from it as a chronic condition.

dredg (the band) wrote an entire album about sleep paralysis called "el cielo."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've had that. Especially after my ever so frequent lucid deaming! I actually enjoy they feeling of dreaming while I know I'm dreaming! :p

Nope, I don't have that.I used to wake up in the middle of the night and get cold but I could move.Now, I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night even though I'm a very light sleeper.

It's not really a problem. There are no medical side affects - it's just a weird thing. There isn't really a cure either for the chronic condition. You'll all probably experience it at one point in your life.

Big bob, that "crashing" thing is different and much more frequent. You are talking about where you twitch and feel like you've just slammed into the ground or something, right? That sounded like what you were describing.

Well i haven't quite had it, but sometimes my dream ends by me biting my lip automatically, it just happens!!! Like i don't even controll it, it just happens!!! :D

One night, just as I was about to go back to bed from waking up a few minutes ago, I fell right to sleep. After a few minutes, my eyes opened willingly (On it's own) and suddenly my muscles locked up and I couldn't move! I couldn't talk or anything, the only thing I could do was look around the room without turning my head or anything.I was scared, I tried with all my might to move, but I couldn't. Then after a few minutes, I could move again! It was by far one of the most scary things I ever experienced.
I did some research and found out it was called sleep paralysis.

Here was the link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

What really scared me was that they say Sleep Paralysis is caused because a demon is sitting on top of you, but I saw no demon, that was probably a hoax.

So has anyone had sleep paralysis before? What are you'r thought on this?

P.S I suggest you visit the link if you've had Sleep Paralysis before.
Yeah the demons thing sounds like someone was on either an acid trip writing that information down, or just really dumb humour.

Anyway I've experienced a few times, but not really at the same time it's weird. There's nothing wrong with it, but I would be more concerned if you find out from people you sleepwalk. That could mean you aren't getting enough deep sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back