change the background...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hints before you do this:

*choose a bright colored background

*push down SORT OF HARD when you are unscrewing and screwing

*DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SCREWS AND THE OLD BACKGROUND! TOUCHING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT IS A MEGA NO-NO!!!!

*words that are ALL CAPITALS mean it's VERY IMPORTANT!

*read this and THEN do it! rereading is very useful!

okay, here's how you do it...

1.) unscrew the screw on the back of your tama

2.) remove the battery

3.) with a small screwdriver, unscrew the 4 screws [THAT ARE REALLY TINY (in the corners)]

4.) now, this is where you stop if you were debugging your tama, but don't stop here! now, look very closely for 4 more screws on the sides, and unscrew them.

5.) pull on the buttons LIGHTLY and they will pop off

6.) DON'T FREAK OUT IF THE OLD BACKGROUND SLIDES OUT. IT'S JUST A PIECE OF PAPER. keep track of it, though.

7.) put your tama aside where dust won't get onto it.

8.)using the old background, you can either

*flip it over and draw your own background

or,

*using the old background, grab a picture or something that you want as a background, and put the old background RIGHT on top of it. trace along the edges, and cut the picture out.

9.) slide it in so you can see the picture on the [VERY DELICATE] screen. now, you notice it was given a tinge of green. =P

10.)put the buttons in the holes, and fold the circut board thingy back in place.

11.)screw in all the screws.[sHORT ONES FIRST (FOR THE CIRCUT BOARD THINGY) THEN TH LONG ONES][MAKE SURE THE SCREWS LOOK THE SAME WAY THEY DID BEFORE THEY WERE SCREWED OUT]

12.) put the battery in FLAT SIDE UP.

13.) screw the back onto it.

14.) flip it over, download, change the time back to normal, and you will have a brand new background!

note: It will act like any normal tama. nothing other than the screen will change.

well, hope that was useful! please respond and vote for the poll!

@complete tama fanatic@

ps- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR TAMA BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ ALL THE STUFF AT THE TOP!

i did this b4 and (THANK BOB) nothing happened to my tama, but it wassnt to change the backround, it was to change the glass top thingy in front, because i got nail polish

remover on it! never EVER get nail polish remover on ur TAMA!!!

:furawatchi: wow this sounds like a cool idea.

I'd never do it [i know I would stuff up my tamagotchi]

But thanks for the info :]

Good luck to those who try.

I did that and got some glow in the dark paper stuff and put it in the back then I changed the case from the v4 case to my old v3 case and I put the 2 togethor and now i can play with my tama in the dark and i dont have that stupid ball that makes it hard to hold my v4!

I changed The background on my V2 and V3, the V2 background is Bright Yellow with a Pink Flower in the Middle. The Other one (v3) is White with MCR in Red in the Background.

I Usually change the backgrounds when im bored.

In doing it now, but i dont have a screwdriver small enough to remove the tiny screws. Any thing else i could use??

I've done something much much more Major than this i changed the circuit boards over even tho the v3 and v4 screws at the top are in different spots.

but now i've lost that tama at school :( but i got a new v4 and it very very very glitchy its in what happeedn to my tamagotchi if you want to read it.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS SO COOL!THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um... not to be rude complete_tama_fantastic but don't you think that's a bit dangerous? you could break your tamagotchi trying to do that,and don't some people like their background as it is? im sorr but it's not a good idea. :rolleyes:

Thats a good idea and (for those of you hu tried) i respect Your courage but sadly :D [SIZE=21pt]I dont[/SIZE] Have the courage sorry (but its still a really good idea!)

[SIZE=21pt]Thanx[/SIZE]

I did that and got some glow in the dark paper stuff and put it in the back then I changed the case from the v4 case to my old v3 case and I put the 2 togethor and now i can play with my tama in the dark and i dont have that stupid ball that makes it hard to hold my v4!
I really like that idea! Glow in the dark background :) .

I just want to know..Can you still see your tamagotchi through the paper thing?

hints before you do this:*choose a bright colored background

*push down SORT OF HARD when you are unscrewing and screwing

*DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SCREWS AND THE OLD BACKGROUND! TOUCHING ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT IS A MEGA NO-NO!!!!

*words that are ALL CAPITALS mean it's VERY IMPORTANT!

*read this and THEN do it! rereading is very useful!

okay, here's how you do it...

1.) unscrew the screw on the back of your tama

2.) remove the battery

3.) with a small screwdriver, unscrew the 4 screws [THAT ARE REALLY TINY (in the corners)]

4.) now, this is where you stop if you were debugging your tama, but don't stop here! now, look very closely for 4 more screws on the sides, and unscrew them.

5.) pull on the buttons LIGHTLY and they will pop off

6.) DON'T FREAK OUT IF THE OLD BACKGROUND SLIDES OUT. IT'S JUST A PIECE OF PAPER. keep track of it, though.

7.) put your tama aside where dust won't get onto it.

8.)using the old background, you can either

*flip it over and draw your own background

or,

*using the old background, grab a picture or something that you want as a background, and put the old background RIGHT on top of it. trace along the edges, and cut the picture out.

9.) slide it in so you can see the picture on the [VERY DELICATE] screen. now, you notice it was given a tinge of green. =P

10.)put the buttons in the holes, and fold the circut board thingy back in place.

11.)screw in all the screws.[sHORT ONES FIRST (FOR THE CIRCUT BOARD THINGY) THEN TH LONG ONES][MAKE SURE THE SCREWS LOOK THE SAME WAY THEY DID BEFORE THEY WERE SCREWED OUT]

12.) put the battery in FLAT SIDE UP.

13.) screw the back onto it.

14.) flip it over, download, change the time back to normal, and you will have a brand new background!

note: It will act like any normal tama. nothing other than the screen will change.

well, hope that was useful! please respond and vote for the poll!

@complete tama fanatic@

ps- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR TAMA BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ ALL THE STUFF AT THE TOP!
Omg,thats so complicated Wats the point anyway?

U'll lose all ur memory and u have a new background for THAT?! lol no thx

Cool! I nenver knew that you can change the background of tamas! Are the cool backgrounds? because i might think of doing it then.....

i did this b4 and (THANK BOB) nothing happened to my tama, but it wassnt to change the backround, it was to change the glass top thingy in front, because i got nail polishremover on it! never EVER get nail polish remover on ur TAMA!!!
Ya I've gotten Nail Polish remover on my V3, and in trying to get the glass cleaned, I changed the background too. My own custom drawn one :D Did you ever get the remover off? If so, How?

Um... not to be rude complete_tama_fantastic but don't you think that's a bit dangerous? you could break your tamagotchi trying to do that,and don't some people like their background as it is? im sorr but it's not a good idea. :p
Their not forcing you to do it!

DUH!

And its not dangerous if you follow the steps and read the infomation at the top. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back