Tama Owners With Real Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GozarutchiGuy

Reaction score
I'm getting hermit crabs in a few months ^_^ , and I don't know how to handle my Tamas! Tamagotchis are made mostly for kids who can't have real pets, so what should I do? Retire them, and focus on my crabs, or find a good balance between pet and virtual pet? I'm not sure if I could give up on Tamas :( because ever since I got my first one ( A V2 ) I was fully addicted! Crabs aren't the most time consuming pets, so I should have time for Tamas. But not having a Tama would be one less thing to take care of...

I expect to hear tons of opinions on this subject! I'm almost horrified at myself for thinking of giving up on Tamas :eek: , but I still am not sure.

Please reply! And be very frank with me, I want to know all opinions and ideas.

:D GozarutchiGuy B)

You may want to pause (or tab) your Tamagotchis while you are busy setting up the crab tank. After a couple of days you may find you have time for Tamagotchis again.

Crabs (hermit crabs) don't eat much or do much. Eat at night. Pinch. Sit on a sponge. You'll hve time for tamagotchi. Trust me; I have sea-monkeys and dogs. I still have time for my tamagotchi. (Oh, and I need to feed my sea-monkeys!)

I bet you will hane time for your tama. There is always a little time at least for tamas!

You will find the time. I know you will.

;) Ms. Mametchi :eek:

Yes, Binary, you're right. Hermit crabs don't require much care or attention. I can pause my Tama whenever necessary. And Mr. Canvas, how do you know so much about hermit crabs? You were right about the things you said about them! By the way, I'm thinking of getting C. perlatus, or as they're commonly called, " Strawberry Hermit Crabs " They're exoskeleton looks like the outside of a Strawberry!

;) GozarutchiGuy :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes, Lydia, I will have the time. I expected from the beginning that I would.

;) GozarutchiGuy :eek:

I'm glad you will have the time for your tama Gozarutchi. Plus, strawberry crabs seem very cool!!!! B) B) :eek: Have fun! :p :D ;)

:D Ms.Mametchi :D

B) I have 7 pets and 3 tamagotchis! i allways have my tamas on, i never pause them, and i am allways talking care of my pets and all three tamagotchis are on 7th generation!! i can take care of all of them! so the hermit crabs wont do no trouble as long as your tamagotchi sound is on so you know they need you!

:wacko: :gozarutchi: androidatchi and gozarutchi <3er! :wacko: :gozarutchi:

I agree pausing when your busy is a good idea.

I have a dog, just the one. And whenever I'm walking him/feeding etc I sometimes put my tamagotchi on pause but sometimes it isn't necessary. Having a real pet won't stop you playing with your tamagotchi, unless you don't want to anymore.

You can just play with your tama when your pet doesn't need your attention.

we have hermit crabs at school in our class so they dont to anly be fed thre salt barth needs to be cared for and changed so u can still look after BOTH

I've read a few books on hermit crabs, and they all say that they don't require lots of care. You need to always keep fresh water and brackish water ( 50% saltwater ) clean, and just replace whenever it gets very dirty. The substrate must be changed every few weeks.

Those are the two hardest things, so you all are correct, they aren't very time consuming. I can just pause my Tama when I'm cleaning the tank, changing the water, etc.

:) GozarutchiGuy :)

I have a cat. He is always the number one for me, because he is a real living animal, who has his own thoughts and feelings instead of a limited program. Although I love Tamas too, they're more like entertaining pocket games for me. Tamas can survive without my constant attention for months. A Tamagotchi is always a nice toy, but in my opinion, it can never beat a real pet.

I completely agree. A Tamagotchi is a bunch of pixels. A animal is ALIVE. It can have feelings that aren't just programmed in.

:) GozarutchiGuy :)

yeah, you should have time. i have a pet and still have lots of time! ^_^

That is thof to decide i would make time for both i have fish and birds but i just make time for both and it all works out i think you would have to paude your tamagotchi 's more.

Youll always have time for tamas one way or another! you shouldnt give up on tamas. Atleest give it a try! :)

I'm getting hermit crabs in a few months ^_^ , and I don't know how to handle my Tamas! Tamagotchis are made mostly for kids who can't have real pets, so what should I do? Retire them, and focus on my crabs, or find a good balance between pet and virtual pet? I'm not sure if I could give up on Tamas :( because ever since I got my first one ( A V2 ) I was fully addicted! Crabs aren't the most time consuming pets, so I should have time for Tamas. But not having a Tama would be one less thing to take care of...
I expect to hear tons of opinions on this subject! I'm almost horrified at myself for thinking of giving up on Tamas :eek: , but I still am not sure.

Please reply! And be very frank with me, I want to know all opinions and ideas.

^_^ GozarutchiGuy :gozarutchi:
I have a 2 fish and still have plenty of time for my (7) tamas.

I think you should have time. I have a cat and three tamas and I help with mom's dog and my brothers two kids. As of now, I've only suspended them twice. One time was for a funeral and the other a meeting. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back