Don't like your current Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama Tama

Reaction score
This works for all tamagotchis, any shape. =)

If you want a new design, a completely new one, without wasting money---

Get a sheet of A4 paper. Design both sides with your dream design. Now, put your tamagotchi in one of the corners of the sheet, and start wrapping it. With a sharp pencil, draw around the screen. Do the same with the buttons and infrared. Open the paper and cut those shapes. Wrap it round the same way and voila!

If you have one of the translucent tamagotchis and want to change the colour---

Open up your tama. Be careful not to touch anything. Get some paint or nail varnish. Paint the parts that are open and visible. Wait for it to dry before putting it back together. Now you have a nice glittery tamagotchi!!

Uh, that is not-exactly-how to do it. You see, the nail polish is most likely to get on your tamagotchi's dot matrix, or maybe even drip into the circuitry. Sorry, but do make sure that you know for a fact that it works.

No one wants anything to mess up their favorite virtual pet because they decided to try this. Furthermore, why would you buy a tama with a shell that didn't appeal to you? I hope this didn't take too long to write and I came along and detracted it. I don't mean to do that in any way, shape, or form.

Cya

Ringo Starr :huh:

Both ideas work (I've done them at least once before) but another way to change the design of your tamagotchi is to take model car paint and a brush (or an air brush, both work fine). The next step is to take your tama apart, which does include taking the speaker out too (just don't disconnect it completely). Now hopefully you got the color (or colors) you want and a good brush (you know, the kind that won't loose it's bristles). Now take the paint and brush and paint the outside of the case, which includes the front, back, little ball on top and the battery case to the color you want. Let dry and you have a new tamagotchi shell design!

Furthermore, why would you buy a tama with a shell that didn't appeal to you?
Cya

Ringo Starr :p
I did. Because I had to go with a buss to buy my v4 and there was only one left. :ichigotchi:

Actually, I do know for a fact this works. :) I got a little tired with my V4 shell and decided to make a cover for it. And my translucent UK blue melon soda tama v3 was a little boring so I decided to paint it inside, let it dry, then painted on gold stars and swirls.

Nail polish is not good for the Tamagotchi because it can get inside and ruin it. And your way of explaining the shell design thing is extremely confusing. Can you reword it?

Yeah... nail varnish isn't a good idea. The paper thing was a MMMUUCCCCHHH better thing for your Tam. You COULD try using nail polish around the OUTSIDE, but not around the openings... :huh:

I did. Because I had to go with a buss to buy my v4 and there was only one left.  :)
yeah my mom bought a trans lucent tama 4 me.

I wanted either pink w/ white hearts OR paper cranes.

silly a boy wanting hearts. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Luckily the old one broke and I GOT THE PAPER CRAMES B) B) B) B) B) B)

t

ta

tam

tama

tamap

tamapa

tamap

tama

tam

ta

TAMAGOTCHIS RULE!!!!!

I did. Because I had to go with a buss to buy my v4 and there was only one left.  :)

Luckily the old one broke and I GOT THE PAPER CRAMES B) B) B)

How about using markers like Sharpies? I use them on my plain Tams all the time. If you want to change your design, just wipe it off with a soft cloth, slightly damp. Also what's wrong with stickers, and those little stick-on blings used for cellphones? These methods won't damage the Tam like nail polish or paint would. :(

yeah my mom bought a trans lucent tama 4 me.I wanted either pink w/ white hearts OR paper cranes.

t

ta

tam

tama

tamap

tamapa

tamap

tama

tam

ta

TAMAGOTCHIS RULE!!!!!
did you just triple post!!! :furawatchi: