Are gigapets getting boring?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Tama

Reaction score
Gigapets are beginning to seem boring to me. What do you think?

I've heard some people say the old gigas are better. Is that true? Opinoin please.

Answers are appriciated! So please can somebody answer?

The original gigas are definately better. Anyone could enjoy caring for a giga pet with the original, but the newer ones seem to be less focused on the pet and aimed at younger kids.

I must say I agree. They're more boring than the package indicates. Kinda a rip off, don't ya think?

I'm an avid first gen. virtual pet collector, and it makes me very sad to see these newer versions of Giga Pets. They are certainly a far cry from their ancestors. The biggest problem I think with the new Giga pets is that, while you can explore, you waste all your time exploring to get money or food just to keep your pet alive; not even to have fun or keep it happy. Just keeping it well fed takes up all your exploring time. Even using shortcuts like using the wishing well to get things to sell to make a profit takes an considerable amount of time considering your pets large appetite. Not only that but even though it may be starving it gets picky and does not want to eat anything you have.

The original Giga pets did not have varieties of food, but your pet would eat it if they had a single point of hunger left much like new and old tamagotchis. Old tamagotchis could evolve into different creatures, but what gave old Gigas an upper hand back in the previous generation was that they could be taught tricks, and their health was very delicate. It took a very skilled player back then to tackle a Giga.

It is sad that 10 years ago a Giga was considered an advanced player's virtual pet, and now it has been dumbed down to a small child's level of understanding.

I hope this helps!

boy do I agree with that! I wish I had one of the old ones, it wouldn't be as boring as the new ones. The new ones are a waste of money. :D

It's repetitive tasks like buying food or digging at the wishing well that seem boring to me.

Boring, but relaxing.

When the pets' hunger is too high, their mood goes down, which makes them refuse to eat. That's when I link them to cheer them up.

I'm an avid first gen. virtual pet collector, and it makes me very sad to see these newer versions of Giga Pets. They are certainly a far cry from their ancestors. The biggest problem I think with the new Giga pets is that, while you can explore, you waste all your time exploring to get money or food just to keep your pet alive; not even to have fun or keep it happy. Just keeping it well fed takes up all your exploring time. Even using shortcuts like using the wishing well to get things to sell to make a profit takes an considerable amount of time considering your pets large appetite. Not only that but even though it may be starving it gets picky and does not want to eat anything you have.
The original Giga pets did not have varieties of food, but your pet would eat it if they had a single point of hunger left much like new and old tamagotchis. Old tamagotchis could evolve into different creatures, but what gave old Gigas an upper hand back in the previous generation was that they could be taught tricks, and their health was very delicate. It took a very skilled player back then to tackle a Giga.

It is sad that 10 years ago a Giga was considered an advanced player's virtual pet, and now it has been dumbed down to a small child's level of understanding.

I hope this helps!
Well said! The old ones post a bit of a challenge at least. Well, it depends on what model you have. If you have the first release of the cat, dog, or monkey (and I think maybe the alien) then your score screen shows only health and happiness and total score. You only need to pay attention to your pet when it beeps and it doesn't require much attention at all. I got an old monkey from eBay, and I was a bit disappointed. I like the old ones that show all four stats. The old ones are not boring at all; I'll never get sick of that cute little koala, or tadpole, or puppy, or dino, or kitty, mermaid, etc. Plus, they change appearance as they grow except for the mermaid.

all you do with them is feed them wash them take them outside and dig for items and then you put them to sleep

[SIZE=12pt]I said Yes they are, and when I say that I mean the new ones they have come out with, the 97 giga pets are still fun to me, but now the new Tamagotchi's are so much funner! :( [/SIZE]

Yea, they are boring. I remember when I ripped open the package of my Giga Pet puffball, & loved it. I loved it for about three weeks.. then I just kept it in school the whole day. I would change the time and keep it in school. Then change the time again and keep it in school. I got so bored of it, until, eventually the batteries ran out. Now it's proudly hanging on my wall. d:

[i've never had an older version.]

.Juls -

Yea, they are boring. I remember when I ripped open the package of my Giga Pet puffball, & loved it. I loved it for about three weeks.. then I just kept it in school the whole day. I would change the time and keep it in school. Then change the time again and keep it in school. I got so bored of it, until, eventually the batteries ran out. Now it's proudly hanging on my wall. d:

[i've never had an older version.]

.Juls -

I never thought of changing the time to keep it in school... I lost mine for a week once...but HURRAH my 06 tomcat's batteries wore out!

I have never had an old Gigapet.

But I must say, despite what the people here say, my Hamster, Scorpian, and Explorer Gigapet isn't that bad. The digging for things and exploring gets tedious, but when you bored, plug it into the TV and play that way!

But some things are quite a peeve. When your Gigapet's health goes down, you can't go to the doctor's to make it healthier, you have to feed it and play with it, even THEN the health won't go up, then all of a sudden out of nowhere, the health goes back up. ><

The size bugs me, too. I like my small virtual pets, no bigger than a few CM larger than a Tamagotchi. The gigapet is the Gigazilla, it's big and bulky, and cannot fit in your pocket. I dislike the factor it's almost round. =/ My type of virtual pet is small, or on the TV or Computer.

Lets see how long this Giga can hold my interest.

From,

Zoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back