Are you satified with the new gigas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Tama

Reaction score
I no longer think the new gigas are worth the money you pay. But it's okay if you think differrently. tellme what you think!

Just a terrible Virtual Pet. Please don't judge the 97 Gigapet by the 06 Giga. Trust me the old Gigas were more entertaining then these new things they have the nerve to call a V-pet. I say that because to me its more a game then a pet now.

A gigapet is like a pixelized version of a real pet, but they earn pitchforks, stars, lightbulbs, and halos. They also can earn and spend money at various places. I believe from what I've heard that the older gigas were a lot more challenging and enjoyable for any virtual pet collector, but the new ones are only fun at first, but then you realize that they're pretty much a rip-off and that even a little kid could easily use it. The older ones are more challenging and exciting to use, and are a different shape than the new ones, and it took an advanced player to handle them. The new ones aren't nearly as good as the old. They're cheap, little kid's toys, or so they indicate by the fact that they're so easy to use. They are almost shaped like skull, but are colored according to what kind of pet you get on it.

I don't think that the new Giga Pets are nearly as much fun as the old ones were. I found the new ones marked down at Wal-Mart, so I bought the bunny one. It's just not very much fun. I didn't really like the control system, and having to "walk" my pet everywhere got old in a hurry, as did digging to find money to spend to get food.

Plus, it never even dies. I bought it a little bit after Christmas, and it was still alive yesterday, with all of its stats at zero.

Today I raided it for batteries to use in my old Giga Pets. Unfortunately, my Oreo mouse Giga Pet didn't work. When I put the batteries in, it came up with the "set time" screen, but when I pushed a button it started making a high pitched wailing and the screen went black. :ichigotchi: But my Compu Kitty still works; I just put batteries in it. The screen is TINY though! I'm used to the much larger screens we have on the new Tamagotchis!

yup, they aren't much fun the new ones. They don't even die! Most other v-pets die.

Original Gigas are so much better. The game actually focuses on taking care of the pet; it's not just a game. I spent three years combing eBay for a Floppy Frog Giga and I finally got one a couple weeks ago! This is the BEST Giga Pet ever made, new or old. If you want a truly challenging, fun virtual pet, I suggest an original Giga Pet. Back in the day they were considered hard to raise, and it took a skilled owner to keep them alive for more than a week or so.

I feel the need to congradulate you on accomplishing your quest to find the Floppy frog 97 giga! You've managed to convince me the 97 ones are better. The originals always seem to be that way, don't they?

[SIZE=12pt]I agree with everyone else, the new giga pets are no where near as good as the new ones. I bought the rabbit thinking it was going to be so amazing, but I was very disappointed. I didn't have it going for past a week, I found it very boring, and the size of them aren't even convenient. The old ones you could fit in your pocket which is great.[/SIZE]

The 97 ones are soo much fun and you never get bored of them, and there are so many different kinds. I have a bunch of them, right now I have the Baby T-Rex going and I love it alot so far, very fun :(

I luff the new Giga's, I just bought a dragon-lizard one yesterday.

Cador seems fun, although the food=EW. I mean, a CICADA SHELL?!

But walking him is fun, aswell as his teacher look-a-like. My guy has tons of lightbulbs; twice as smart! :mellow:

You know, you'll be bored of them soon enough, ~Mr.Canvas~ I can assure you of that.

I don't have an original Giga but I think I might have to put one on my Christmas list. I have a Giga Bunny from 06 but I got bored of it after a few months. It's still in my room. I don't even know if the batteries are still good.

The only place you can get an original Giga Pet these days is on eBay. You know, it seems like everyone prefers the older style. Maybe we should make a petition to try and get Hasbro to bring back the old Giga styles.

i wish i had dent lost my chubby little micro chimp!

I never owned an original giga pet, but I played with my cousin's for a while. I left it alone for about two hours, and it died. I felt really bad. :)

The new ones are fun at first, but they get boring.

Well let us look at it this way... They think we all have all day to play with them -(except for the school option.........)- But otherwise you Have to take really good care of them and play... To my memory... The new ones have no "real" games unless you get the Tv gadget...

I was really dis-pleased with mine after about 2 days of it nagging at me it was hungry and broke... I took good care of it too... Not to mention it got sick and such... I then prompty removed the batteries after 4 days of it being on.

My original Giga Kitty was one of my best digital pets I had next to my classic tamagotchi.... It had basic functions but it always worked well... It didn't eat batteries up either. It never got too naggy as the new versions do (and have done)

If you come across one and DO want one... only by it if it is clearance.... Otherwise it is just not that worth it unless you want to be playing with it a lot.

Long run- Doesn't Die.

Short Run- Gets sick/Hungry/bored a lot.

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about the new gigas. I grew up on the old school ones, Compu Kitty was my first ever. I ended up using it so much the scroll buttons got crushed and stopped working, luckily I found another one on Ebay. If you're looking on Ebay, be patient, there are scores out there.

And ask your friends, if you're a survivor of the craze of '97-'98 likely your friends will remember and possibly still have their old ones. One of my pals had the Toy Story pet, Floppy Frog, and 101 Dalmatians digital doggy. I bought them from him for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back