Should V4 have a different target audience?!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty123

Reaction score
I've noticed that a ton of little kids around my neighborhood (probably about 7 or 8) are having problems with logout passwords on v4. It all started at my next door neighbor's. (he is a little bit younger). His logout password wouldn't work so he was forced to cancel.

Then the jobs and mail. Its hard for some eight-year-old to understand all the sorta nonsense letters and symbols. (somewhat boring for young children)

Do you think that the reccomended age for Tams should be, like, 9-12, or something like that? :angry:

Not really, the lowest age recommended is 8 years old. If you see them have trouble try to help them. But sooner or later they would figure all of it out. So don't worry.

No. They are NOT new to V4. They just never got it. (One of their parents is totally against the idea of tamatown just because of V4.)

I agree that they need to have someone help them out who has read the instructions and know what they are doing, but I have also noticed that the more higher the versions, the more advanced everything gets. I was playing with my V4 earlier, and I noticed how much more complicated the games had become. In the V2 and V3 you had much more simple games that weren't that hard. I can see how a younger child would have trouble with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Tamas do have a targeted age. 9-12!

2) I however started at 8. You don't have to be that old (just old enough to not stick it in your mouth). 8 is the average understanding age for tamas and younger than that the comprehension and maturity is questionable.

I think the target audience is fine.

I'm 21, and when I got my V4.5 I was extremely confused; my only other Tamagotchi was a P1 and of course that is extremely basic compared to the Connection Tamagotchi (v1-4.5).

The V4.5 says "Ages 8 and up" and I think it fits. Heck, there are children that young running around with cellphones and using computers and such devices are a lot more complex than a Tamagotchi.

I'd like to see Bandai come up with some better instructions because the sheet that comes with the V4.5 only covers the basic features of the Tamagotchi. I am still guessing about so many features, and I don't even have another Tamagotchi to connect with - when I do get another, there will be even more confusion running through my mind, I'm sure.

I think the target audience is fine.
I'm 21, and when I got my V4.5 I was extremely confused; my only other Tamagotchi was a P1 and of course that is extremely basic compared to the Connection Tamagotchi (v1-4.5).

The V4.5 says "Ages 8 and up" and I think it fits. Heck, there are children that young running around with cellphones and using computers and such devices are a lot more complex than a Tamagotchi.

I'd like to see Bandai come up with some better instructions because the sheet that comes with the V4.5 only covers the basic features of the Tamagotchi. I am still guessing about so many features, and I don't even have another Tamagotchi to connect with - when I do get another, there will be even more confusion running through my mind, I'm sure.
I certainly agree with the better instructions. Have you seen Entama's manual? It's extremely detailed! It explains pretty much everything, including Gotchi Point income from the games!

Speaking of Gotchi Points, why is the Tamagotchi currency marked "P" (for Points) in Connexion/Connection, and the currency marked "G" (for Gotchi) in Plus? Never mind.

I've been translating Japanese manuals into English on Notepad and I'm currently making an (indepth) manual for the Tamagotchi Connexion v4.

little kids arnt THAT stupid. How can u be so critical. I am 10 years old and I even know adults who have tamas. :D

Whoa, BanDai just lowered the age limit to 6+! :eek: I highly doubt that a six-year-old would be interested in a V4; they're pretty complicated and require a lot of involvement (Post, Jobs, TamaTown, etc.).

-DDDTrooper

1) Tamas do have a targeted age. 9-12!
2) I however started at 8. You don't have to be that old (just old enough to not stick it in your mouth). 8 is the average understanding age for tamas and younger than that the comprehension and maturity is questionable.
I started playing with tamagotchis at age 8 too. It took a death and some illness for me to understand how to play with my version 1. now im in middle school and wonder why i had trouble!

I've noticed that a ton of little kids around my neighborhood (probably about 7 or 8) are having problems with logout passwords on v4. It all started at my next door neighbor's. (he is a little bit younger). His logout password wouldn't work so he was forced to cancel.Then the jobs and mail. Its hard for some eight-year-old to understand all the sorta nonsense letters and symbols. (somewhat boring for young children)

Do you think that the reccomended age for Tams should be, like, 9-12, or something like that? :(
im 8!(i signed in as my mum)

HOW RUDE!!!! :furawatchi: :furawatchi: :D :angry: :angry: :angry:

I got my v4 at the age of 8 and I had noo problems with the logout password! :angry:

HOW RUDE!!!! :eek: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I got my v4 at the age of 8 and I had noo problems with the logout password! :angry:
Whoa, try not to blow yourself up. They're talking about 8-year-olds 'in general'. Or what they've noticed about most 8-year-olds. You just happen to understand the v4 better than the people that everyone else is talking about. Plus you're on Tamatalk so that's a real advantage. If I'd never joined Tamatalk, I can tell you I'd be freaked out when I got my name glitch and I'd find it very difficult to understand the mail and the work process.

I think the target age for version 4 is fine, but I would like to see a Tamagotchi version targeted more towards older fans. The P1 and P2 were pets that appealed to people of all age groups and I'd like to see that again.

I've noticed that a ton of little kids around my neighborhood (probably about 7 or 8) are having problems with logout passwords on v4. It all started at my next door neighbor's. (he is a little bit younger). His logout password wouldn't work so he was forced to cancel.Then the jobs and mail. Its hard for some eight-year-old to understand all the sorta nonsense letters and symbols. (somewhat boring for young children)

Do you think that the reccomended age for Tams should be, like, 9-12, or something like that? :D
Well, it could be. But I know that some people like them and they could be younger. I know someone who is eight who has 2 Tamas, and gets on with them fine!!!

It would be quite sad for some people to be banned from Tamas :(

Best Wishes,

barky

I think it is perfect how it is, the target audience is for almost everyone of all ages! After all you can't really be too old for tamagotchies can you!

Hope i helped and have a great tama day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back