OMG Ive been pondering this for ages!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmissnorti

Reaction score
Well you heard the question!

Who invented the TAMAGOTCHI????

(sorry If it sounds mental or rude!)

A lady named Aki Maita of Bandai Company in Tokyo, and a gentleman named Akihiro Yokoi of Wiz Company in Chiba, Japan.

There are some conflicting stories, but I believe Ms.Maita came up with the idea and Mr.Yokoi's company (WiZ - which works in a sort of partnership with Bandai) actually wrote the program and built them.

Here is a link to the WiZ web site where they list products they've worked on: https://www.wizland.co.jp/eng/07.html

Ohh I remember looking that up one day like.. last year. d:

My mind is REFRESHED. xD

But I didn't know that she just basicly thought it up and another company made it.. o.o

Thanks for posting that!

Hi

The way I remember it, in late 1996 Aki Maita was working for Bandai and was dismayed by the amount of kids she saw who were unable to have pets in the house due to the inadequate size of the accommodation in some high-rises in Tokyo, e.g. you can't have a cat when there's no space for it to run around and a 60-foot drop out the living room window.

So she came up with the idea, and admits to being a sporadic Tamagotchi caretaker herself - more proof there's no age limit to Tamagotchi -their inventor is 41 now and doesn't mind admitting her love of the thing she created.

~Spartan

I read that it was that she loved pets and wanted a pet that she could take EVERYWHERE with her.... but i`m certian your story has a lot to help with it too :rolleyes:

Wow. I've never even thought of that, all my years of playing with tamas. But thats interesting. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't be posting here right now! :rolleyes:

~Kuchi~

more proof there's no age limit to Tamagotchi -their inventor is 41 now and doesn't mind admitting her love of the thing she created.
My friends Mom likes them so much, she went to the store and bought her own :mimitchi:

Seriously, have you tried to take a pet everywhere? I"ve tried that. I've had to sneak it onto the bus, and oh, don't forget the water and the food, and then it gets tired and you can't put it back in the bag because it'll stratch the living heck out of you when you do, and it gets bored and tired, oh and what about where it poos?

So yeah, it's definately a change to have a pet on a keychain that you can take everywhere without worrying about mess and other exteraneous stuff. I even have a lanyard that used to hold a picture ID from where I worked at previously and I use that to carry with. It just hides under my shirt when I want to be conspicuous. ANd being 24, yeah, sometimes you want to be conspicuous. ALthough most of the time people don't care.

I have heard of Aki Maita! On one of the website on Fan Connection! She ischineese. When she invented the Tamagotchi or now, she lives in Germany! :D Too bad I didn't make it. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to know really badly, you could always research this. Personally however, I read that it was a lady in Japan (unfortunately I do not remember her name) who had the idea and sold the idea to Bandai. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back