Sign in to follow this  
Tamasweet2

Are tamagotchis...

I wouldn't define Tamagotchis as 'geeky'. Like TamaPATCHI said, it's all depends on how you would define 'geeky'.

If you enjoy them, that should be all that matters. Say if I loved playing football, but I didn't want to because I thought it was 'geeky'. Wouldn't that be a silly thing to get in my way? :unsure: Same with Tamagotchis. :)

One problem I have is that I don't want my friends knowing about my love of Tamagotchis... I'm sure many other people have this problem, too.

~Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

it is too crazy too think tamagotchis are dorky. i know a couple of adults that have tamagotchis. dontever let go of your tamagotchi. its not time.

LoL,my dad likes my Tamagotchi hehe. :)

I was wondering, are tamas too geeky? What do you think? <_<

=tamasweet2=

no. what's so geeky about it?

I don't think tamagotchis are geeky in the least. If you like them, play with them. If you don't, don't. Don't let others' opinions decide things for you! :mametchi:

How can they be geeky if they're aimed at kids in the first place? They're virtual pets, and I'm sure a 'geek' would be pretty bored of them after a while. Tamagotchis are meant for everyone.

:o I've always defined "geek" as a person who internalizes information (playing games, watching movies) with little to no output (doing something with it) to the extreme that it forces that person to be inept at social interactions. This is not to be mixed with "nerd" which is a person who internalizes information with sole intent to make output to the extreme to be inept at social interactions (this is actually a good thing).

However, with this definition of "geek" one can clearly see that anything can be "geeky" it all depends on how you handle yourself with it. So are Tamagotchi geeky? Yes. Will ice cream make you fat? Yes. Are Tamagotchi inherently geeky? No.

Edited by darkredphantomx

no way they are a fun little toy that people can play with if they have no pets or if they are board. ;) :D :furawatchi:

Of course they're geeky. That's why I love them so much. x3

Edited by Aerostella

even if they were heck with it they would still be super mega speacle cool.

summery:they arn`t geeky :angry: :angry: :( :(

Tamagotchi's arent really ' geeky ', its just an opinion. Although bullies taunt me for carying them around in school, I really dont care. Well, in my opinion, tamas are so not ' geeky '.

~Megapatchi27 :hitodetchi:

My definition of geeky is sweet. So to me, yes, Tamagotchis are geeky, but that is why I love them. :3

I don't think that they're geeky, but the sound of a movie is. The games are fun- not geeky at all.

People who don't understand the true attraction of Tamagotchis say that they are geeky. But us members of TamaTalk know the feeling of almost love I guess you could say when you get a new tamagotchi and the sadness when they die.

Only true Tamagotchi fans can relate :(

'Geeky' is a stereotypical and a very rude way to categorize things. Tamagotchis were made to entertain, not to label.

GEEKY!? why do you think that? It's a virtual pet FGS, not a human. How can it be geeky, it' like saying " is Eating a sandwich to geeky? " :L