If your topic gets closed...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missbehave

Reaction score
I done this topic about the seal hunt, asking people's opinions about it and every one just said all this stuff about me hating Canadians even though it said on the topic that I didn't blame Canada and I said that I knew people from other places do it too but it's mainly Canada and as I said, I don't have anything against Canada, infact the seal hunts the only part I don't like.

Anyway, the next time I looked at my topic some one (not mentioning any names) said that it only causes arguing and stuff as if I delibratly done it for that and I didn't know, it was only opinions I wanted and a guide had closed it!

I feel all bad now! Every one's going to think I'm all racist!! Does getting a topic closed make you bad?

Not nessicarily. If you start an argument, say something bad you may have your karma changed but not if it was other people's faults and you had nothing to do with it.

No! :D Practically every single member has had a topic or two closed. I've even had some topics of mine clsoed in the past. Does it make me a bad member? No. In your case, your topic because an argument and that really wasn't anybodys fault. Sometimes topics jsut need to be closed. It doesn't mean you've done something bad. Well, if you topic was deeply inappriopiate or breaking the rules (sexual, asking for personal information, swearing, spam, ect.) then yes, you may get a warning or bad karma. But that wouldn't make you a bad member. You may have just made a mistake.

~TGD

Of course not! An argument just happened to start on a topic you made. Unless you make an innappropriate topic (and yours was appropriate), there's no reason to feel bad that you're a bad member. There's plenty of reasons topics are closed, and most of them aren't because the person who made it did something 'bad'.

Nope, If a guide thinks your topic needs to be closed do to members fighting, flame wars, inaproprite topics, or duplacite topic they'll close it. It doesn't make you a bad person.

Not at all. :rolleyes: Everybody makes mistakes at some point in their life.

You fought the flames that were going on in your topic, and didn't try to engage in them, which was a good choice for you to make.

As long as your topic want innapropriate, you have nothing to be ashamed of. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If your topic is closed then it does not meen you are a bad member

Hi Missbehave,

As the other members have already stated, topics can get closed for a variety of reasons. Our job is to ensure that TamaTalk is a happy, friendly and safe place to be. Sometimes this means closing topics. This doesn't necessarily imply that you are a bad member of anything of the sort - as long as it wasn't closed because you created a topic onthe banned topic list.

The Guide who closes the topic will usually leave a brief explanation as to why he or she has done so. If you have any questions, feel free to PM that Guide and they should be happy to clarify for you. ;) Don't take it too personally!

Somebody close this topic! Just kidding. I've had a couple topics closed, and I'm not too bad, so I guess not.

Dont feel like a criminal just if you had a topic closed. :huh: Ive had like, 2 topics closed I think in the past, but, I'm not bad. Am I? :huh:

..Or maybe your topic was very old, or people kept on spamming in it, or maybe the topic had the solution solved..

Some of the time it's not your fault that the topic was closed. Sometimes it's the members who post in it. Like, if you have a really nice topic, for instance, it's called, "What do you like to do with your grandma?" And it's about what you like to do when you visit your grandmother on the weekends. (this is just an example, don't laugh) and someone says, "Well, I don't have a grandma so I don't think you should be posting this it's just making people angry that not everyone has a grandma to bake cookies with." Then other people argue, but it's not your fault that someone says that because it's an okay topic to post. And because people argue it gets closed. That wouldn't be your fault, so take the situation in mind and be the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back