oh no!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesk79

Reaction score
dunbrige and dean railway stations in hampshire are losing so mucth facilities that there gonna face cloushire what am i gonna do?!

I'm just guessing that this member's local railway stations are facing closure and he is asking everyone what he's going to do...

Unfortunately we don't know why the stations are being closed.

It may be because not enough people use the stations and tend to use other, larger stations nearby for their journeys thus making Dunbridge or Dean stations unprofitable to run for the railway company. For example, if the company can't afford to pay the various station staff or maintain the station area to the required safety levels, there's no point in keeping it open.

If other stations nearby offer better links to main cities and these two stations are small or branch lines off the main service then it is difficult to see how a tea room on the platform would increase passenger traffic :rolleyes:

I would suggest finding out the full list of reasons why the stations face closure.

Would a petition make a difference? Would you be prepared to stand outside both stations one morning for several hours asking passengers if they are aware of the intended closures and if they would sign a petition against it?

Last edited by a moderator:
a tearoom? a loo? a tiket office? longer platforms? yhea that could do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back