missed the big-kids train!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just to tell you first off, I'm in grade 8.

now, you see, it all started when I came into 4th grade. I was starting to figure that everyone elce was getting out of the little kid things, and getting into bigger things such as big kid shows like 'ER' and weird soap opras.

then, in 7th grade, there was a HUGE boom of rap music and cussing tv shows such as south park and family guy becoming popular, and still I liked the same things I liked sence I was 2 years old.

now, I've liked the same things for about 11 years, such as thomas the tank engine, which is meant for toddlers. So could someone possibly help me catch up?

@complete tama fanatic@

To be honest. i don't like south park or the Simpsons nor anything like that either, I still watch Arthur and Thomus The Tank engine and Drangon Tales, I don't like those shows, they're real boring. I rarely watch TV, anways.

i still like half that stuff 2 but im weird like that! im just a random person like 1 day im listen to hip-hop and rap and the next day ill be thinking of lil kid things (i have a foster brother thats 2 so i have all this lil kid stuff around mi house) like ex i love my little ponys care bears any thing pink and stuff like that! ill go to the store and look at ALLLLLLL the lil kid stuff and NONE of the older kid stuff! so i guess u can find cute older things...im not sure what but u know....also u can stop waching and or listen to lil kid stuff for a week or sumthen!? idk cause i like lil kid stuff and teen stuff so thats the best i can tell ya!

Doesn't seem like there's a problem with it. I still love Sesame Street and Dragon Tales and Arthur. <_< There's nothing wrong with liking things that are meant for a younger age group.

Just take Tamagotchis for instance. As we all know, BanDai has targeted Tamas for little 10 year old girls, but plenty of boys and adults here play with them as well. :D

Don't stress about it, everybody has their own likes even if they do seem a little strange. It's just another thing that makes you YOU. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone likes they're own stuff.Heck I still have like 'Duplos' or whatever they are called,like the Legos meant for 3 year olds and I still like to play with them!It doesn't really matter if you're a bit of a late bloomer,you just like different things,or if you're the poetic type "Taking the path less traveled"

Maybe it's just that urge to see little kids stuff, thats what it is for me!!! It's not like I like those things but it's just like...I'm watching TV, I'm bored so I just start flipping the channels and then OMG IT'S SESAME STREET!!!!!!!!!! So I just have to watch it and laugh my head off at those funny little kids stuff. And if it's not what I just explained, then I still know what u mean cuz my friend has the same problem. She even likes teletubbies!!!!!! xD And she's not upset about it so why should u be?

frankly...i never grew outta blues clues! XD idun watch it as much as i used too tho.and diffrent ppl have diffrent personalitys(SP) so some ppl might be in a hurry to grow up and some ppl just want to stay a kid. Id choose the second one tho!

Bluegrass and Blues is new cool music.

So is Pan's Labyrinth; most awesome movie ever.

I'm 18 and I still like Pokemon, Tamagotchis, stuffed animals, and all sorta of other "immature things."

But, at the same time I do like South Park (but not ER or rap music, LOL).

As someone said in another thread, as long as you still enjoy it, you're not too old for it.

There's nothing wrong with liking the things you like, you can't help it. :)

It's okay to like what you want.

I, personally love reality shows and crime shows like CSI Miami and Crossing Jordan. That's my serious interest.

Don't even worry about it o.o

I'm 18 and not even I like ER, CSI, and other things like that.

I like a lot of childish or what society considers childish like pokemon, and tamagotchi.

Just be yourself. Who cares what other people think? Like what you like and don't change just because the people around you are.

As for popularity, take it from someone who's out of school. Popularity means nothing in the real world. You could be the most popular person all through school, but when you get out, it doesn't count for anything.

Just take care of your studies in school. Don't worry about being popular. Also remember that popularity can also mean having to deal with excess drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 18 and I still like Pokemon, Tamagotchis, stuffed animals, and all sorta of other "immature things."
But, at the same time I do like South Park (but not ER or rap music, LOL).

As someone said in another thread, as long as you still enjoy it, you're not too old for it.

There's nothing wrong with liking the things you like, you can't help it. :)
I honestly never thought of virtual pets as babyish or immature in any way. I consider it more as a hobby-type thing if you're older like I am and still have them.

As for me, I love some of my stuff still that I grew up with. I got lots of downloaded power ranger episodes and have watched stuff like Sailor Moon, a few of the Pokemon movies and of course power rangers on youtube...even a show I recall loving in grade 6 known as Beast Wars :D

Definitely no problems liking stuff you enjoyed growing up.

I like CSI. :)

I agree that popularity means nothing once you're out of school, move away from home, get a job... The real world and high/grade school aren't the same. :D

I guess Tamagotchis and Pokemon (and in my case, AIBOs) are more hobby-type than childish. I know someone through an AIBO forum that's "all grown up" with kids, etc., and she has Tamagotchis and likes Animal Crossing, etc. Then again, when you have kids I think it helps for an excuse (as my mom used to like Digimon, but I think she used us kids as an excuse for it).

And you know, you can't judge a person based on their hobbies, unless it's something cruel.

I'm a 12 year old boy in 7th grade and I like stuffed animals and tamas and stuff. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back