Comic I'm working on

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil*kitty*kat

Reaction score
Well, I've been riding the school bus home from school every day and it is so funny on that bus, I decided to make a comic about it. All the same names, well almost all, but I made up the last names and added a couple characters! Here's what I got so far:

CHARACTERS:

Calleigh - My character. Fun and crazy too, but definetely not as crazy as Alexx.

Melly - Melly's character. Loud and proud and hyperness. Always has energy.

Cee - Cee's character. Pretty much like Melly.

Alexandra 'Alexx' Davis - The crazy girl that's always screaming and usually told that if the driver had a dollar for every time Alexx yelled her name, she'd be rich. She also wants t be the girlfriend of singer Enrique Iglesias. Teased about her "boyfriend", Fred Finger.

Malina Doe - Malina is not that loud but often complains of Alexx and loves teasing her about Fred Finger.

Martan Doe - Malina's younger brother who likes bugging Alexx, Ronya and Kristin.

Fred Finger - Made up by some of the Alexx buggers. He doesn't exist and apparantely is called Alexx's boyfriend.

Ronya Ede - Loud and often bugged by Chris and Tyler and they also call her Rona to bug her.

Kristin Barracuda - Ronya's best friend and pretty good friends with Alexx and Malina. Also bugged by the annoying guys.

Chris Tucker - One of the annoying guys on the bus. Loves to bug Ronya the most out of anybody.

Tyler James - Chris's friend that often has a completely torn up bus pass and people often complain about him and his annoyingness.

Adrena Williams - The pretty girl that pretty much everyone knows and is often referred to as 'the one who scared the younger peoples'.

Denny Jordan - Calleigh's boyfriend who tends to bug people.

Benny Parker - Fun and silly too. He loves bugging people, mainly the girls.

John Harrison - A usually quiet guy who likes to listen to his music player 95% of the time.

Courtney Gemini - A quiet girl who hardly ever talks.

Maria Elliosi - One of Calleigh's friends. Usually not that loud and complains about Alexx a lot.

Belinda Ongero - Maria's best friend who's pretty quiet most of the time and talks pretty fast. She is known to be very smart and a good artist.

Victoria Parker - Benny's four year old sister. Really cute and loud and likes to hang out with the bus driver's kids.

Janet Walker - The fun, cool bus driver that gets along well with all the kids and usually bugs Alexx.

Sidney Walker - Janet's baby daughter that can't really speak much and sits at the front seat with her brother.

Grant Walker - Janet's three year old son who is usually quiet and with the teachings of the bus kids, he has a little attitude.

Ivan - Calleigh's 9 year old brother who is super annoying and practically in love with his video games.

Dennis - Melly's younger brother who is th same age as Ivan and Ivan's best friend. Just as annoying and into his games as Ivan is.

There might be additional characters that pop up sometimes or just once.

STORY:

Calleigh, Cee and Melly decide to take a vacation but the thing is, they need to bring their brothers along iwth them. Now, it definetely ain't their idea of fun to go on a 84 hour bus ride with two nine years along with them. They invite their two guy friends, Benny and Denny along with Benny's sister Victoria and get ready for the trip of their lives. On the bus, they meet tons of new people haeding the same way as them and a couple people heading in different directions. The girls have some fun times and some not so fun times while on the bus and make a lot of new friends!

How does that sound to you guys?

The next one will focus on when they're actually in the city where they're vacationing.

So Far, I've been working on the title page and the title.

*Calleigh

OMG! I love the names... and your comic too!

A piece of advice: Change the "Melly" to "Melanie"! It just brings it out so much more, cause you know, lovelyswan's gotta fit in somewhere XD

Your description of her REALLY brings out the real me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't change Melly to Melanie because that is MellyMilly's character and Melly is just short for Melisa.

Everyone has their same names, except for a couple peeps. Like me, for one. Alexx really is crazy.

Today, she was fooling around coz we have a camera on our bus that goes to the office in school and she was dancing like a stripper and then pervertedly said, "Hey, Mr. Buysen....you should come for a ride!" (Mr.Buysen is our principal!!) And then she asks Janet if the bus has a microphone with the camera and it did! So eventually, he will hear that!!! XD We couldn't stop laffin at Alexx then.

Before I get to the coolness, here's a couple new things I've got to add. (Well, not all are so new...)

1. Still no title

2. I'm working on a script

Now the coolness...you get a sneak preview of the comics script. This is just a part after they go outside for a quick 5 minute break and Alexx and Melly find some "pets".

Alexx: JANET! I FOUND A PET!!!!!

Janet.: Oh God, what is it this time?

Alexx: THIS IS WIGGLES! (Holds up worm) ISN'T HE CUTE?!

Janet: Whatever.

Melly: Alexx?

Alexx: Wha?

Melly: Wanna meet my pet?

Alexx: OOH! IS IT A FRIEND FOR WIGGLES?!!

Melly: (Evil smile) Yeah...yeah...a friend...

Alexx: Wait a...

Melly: Meet Gulls! (Shows Alexx a seagull)

Alexx: Oh crap! That's a...

(Gulls flies towards Alexx and grabs Wiggles from her hand)

Alexx: WIGGLES! NOOO!!

Gulls: (burps)

Alexx: YOUR DEMENTED BIRD ATE MY WIGGLES!!!!

(Everyone else is laughing)

Alexx: Hmph! STOP LAUGHING AT ME AND LAUGH AT...THIS!!

(Alexx opens window and Gulls flies out)

Melly: Oh no she didn't.

Sorry, but that's all you get so far. I might show you a couple more sneak peeks, otherwise, you'll have to wait for the finishing of the comic to see any more.

Oh! I will post some character profiles, so you can get to know them better and as soon as I finish my title page, you guys will get to see. And please don't criticize my drawing coz it's just for fun. If I want art critics, I'll ask for em.

So, I'll fill ya in on more soon!

*Calleigh

Okay....I've made some big (HUGE) changes to the characters, but I'll post a sample of the script again.

By the way, I'll explain everything when I'm done and post it on TamaTalk. I wanna begin drawing by December, if not earlier. But I'll have to hurry up with the script. You can expect to see it in a few months. Sorry it's taking so long, but it has to be PERFECT.

Script sample:

Cee: Let's go brochure hunting!

Dee: Ok! Lemme go get my rifle!

Cee: Not that kind of hunting!

Melly: And you call me a dummy?

Cee: Sheesh. Where should we go look?

Melly: Ooh! Slow Moe's!

Cee: Right! They have a lot of brochures there!

Dee: (holding hunting rifle) Let's go!

That's all. I gotta go work. Sorry it was so short!

STILL not done. It will be once I think up some ideas.

Sneak Peek:

Melly: (To Ivan and Dennis) I HATE YOU SO MUCH!

Dennis: We said we were sorry!

Malina: Why on earth would you give sleeping pills or any drugs to Alexx?

Alexx: HAHAHAHAH!

Ivan: We thought they'd work!

Alexx: JANEEEETTTT!

Janet: WHAT?!

Alexx: LEMME DRIVE LEMME DRIVE!

Martan: Coochy coo! (Tickles Alexx)

Alexx: NO TICKLEY! (Kicks Martan)

Malina: Wow...I didn't think she could get crazier than her normal crazy.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I appreciate em!

Warning: This post will be quite long, so unless you like reading long posts, back away!

First of all, it's coming along great although my script STILL isn't finished. I'm still having a bit of trouble, but I've begun to type it up and also prepare myself for the character sketches which I will post up here as soon as they are done.

Speaking of the characters, there's been a major changey with the characters. Cutting out some characters, changing of names and descriptions, adding new ones and I finally have the final character list for y'all.

The Main Characters:

Dee: A crazy fun loving girl. She is my character and has a younger brother.

Cee: Also crazy and fun loving but smarter than Dee. Much smarter. kerry*bridget's character.

Melly: The second craziest. Mel's wackiness makes her lovable. Despite the fact people want her to be Melanie, her real name is Melisa, due to her being MellyMilly's character and her real name is Melisa.

Denny: Dee's boyfriend who is normally pretty smart but can be silly at other times.

Benny: Fun friend of the girls' and he spends most of his time with either the girls or Denny. His weakness? Girls.

Ivan: Dee's younger brother nicknamed Yopo A Gogo or Yopo Gigo by her. VERY annoying.

Dennis: Melly's younger brother. He's not as annoying as Ivan. Nicknamed Pizzanino and Razenflaven by Dee.

Alexx: A crazy girl they meet on the bus. Her crazy antics get her in lots of trouble. Her name is NOT Alexxandra (she makes that very clear later) and simply just Alexx.

Jackie: An easily disturbed girl they meet on the bus. She loves gossip, guys and more gossip.

Kirsten: Jackie's best friend who is equally into gossip, not so much guys.

Victoria: Benny's adorable little sister. Five years old, she loves to interfere with Benny's attempts to get girls and loves to watch Cinderella even more.

Janet: The down to earth, young bus driver that seems to get the kids (escept Alexx, of course) and is always a fun, fair bus driver.

Beth: Janet's 8 month old daughter. Nothing much to say here escept she's adorable!!

Bob: Janet's 2 year old son. Cute as well and loves to taunt Alexx when he can.

Adrena: Fun, hip and loves bugging Alexx.

Tarrah: Adrena's twin sister. Pretty much identical to Adrena except for her slightly different looks.

Lyssa: One of Alexx's oldest friends, she's usually able to control her, although usually those attempts fail and she ends up trying to bug Alexx.

Martan: Lyssa's younger brother (same age as the girls and Alexx) who loves, loves, loves bugging Alexx, although it sometimes results in him being hit by Alexx.

Melinda (I'm thinkin of changing her name, but I can't think of a good one): A smart, down to earth gal who seems to be the only normal one on the bus.

Mariah: Melinda's best friend. She complains about Alexx just to get on her nerves and attempt to get her into trouble.

Ash: Lyssa and Alexx's close friend. She usually knows how to handle an Alexx situation as well as Lyssa, but also doesn't always succeed. Her real name is Ashley, but prefers to be called Ash.

Nick: Ash's brother. He has a massive crush on Alexx and will do anything to be her boyfriend as mentioned when he says, "I would do anything to be your boyfriend. Even if it meant quitting school to take care of our children!" To which Alexx responds with her usual answer, pushing him away and shouting for him to get away from her.

MINOR CHARACTERS:

Dee's Mom: Shows up once and is very hard to deal with.

Natalia: Cee's older cousin that manages a hotel in Sunnyland. She becomes a main character in the next story because it isn't based on the bus.

Courtnee: A quiet girl on the bus. If she ever does talk, she uses one word answers.

So thats my new and improved character list.

This will take a while to finish though. I have to first finish writing out a script, then type it up and edit it, then begin character sketches and prop sketches, design a title page for it, actually draw out the comic, decide if i'm up to colouring it. (it's gonna be long. not a short, ten page comic. but i still need to come up with character descriptions and decide on how to draw them, what they'll wear and everything.

But in the end, hopefully, the finished result will be worth all the hard work.

So this is what i've been typing up at.......almost 3 in the mornin.

Okay. I still ain't tired so I'll get back to work.

~Calleigh

i'm really wanting to change melinda. does anyone have any different ideas?

maybe emma or destiny or .... i dont know?

i like destiny myself.

Oop! I forgot a couple characters. They are part of the main crew.

Shayne: Hot, smart jock.

Tyler: Shayne's best friend. Just like Shayne.

I changed Melinda's name to Destiny.

Here's another excerpt from the script:

Martan sneaks under the seats and crawls forward.

Alexx: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! JANET!

Janet: (Looking annoyed) What?

Alexx: HE'S STEALIN' MY MINTS!

Janet: (Not really caring) Martan, quit bugging Alexx and her mints.

Martan: (Goes under seats and grabs Alexx's leg)

Alexx: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! HELP MEEEEE!

Janet: (Keeps eyes on road and turns music louder.)

Alexx: (Kicks Martan and he lets go) HAH! Suckah!

Latest posts

Back