Sign in to follow this  
Alps

Horrible battery usage

I just got a battery for my V1 less than two weeks ago. Today, my generation 2 had finally grown into an adult (Robotchi), but when I looked at it a few hours later, it had the flashing battery symbol! :angry: That can't be normal battery usage, and what makes it worse is that I always had the sound off to try to conserve battery! I took it out and I don't know what to do now; I guess I'll wait until I find a V2 and then get rid of my V1! It did make a funny humming noise... leave it to me to get a defective one! :angry:

The first series of version 1's had a battery defect (pink w/hearts, green w/squares, purple w/bubbles) which would only keep a battery for 2.5 weeks max, but the newer colors (solid white, pink with glitter, pearlized pink) have much longer lasting batteries (2.5 months!). I have two tamagotchis collecting dust because of that defect. :D

Maybe you can return it for one of the newer colors of V1. :(

OMG!!!! One time my bud,Zach, was goin' on a trip.He asked me to take care of his V 1. I said sure cuz I've got a V 2. :D RIGHT after he left his tama grew,then the battery sign started to flash. When he got back he said that it was probably defective. Don't you hate that?????? :( :D

The first series of version 1's had a battery defect (pink w/hearts, green w/squares, purple w/bubbles) which would only keep a battery for 2.5 weeks max, but the newer colors (solid white, pink with glitter, pearlized pink) have much longer lasting batteries (2.5 months!). I have two tamagotchis collecting dust because of that defect. :(

Maybe you can return it for one of the newer colors of V1. :)

That sounds like mine; it's pink with stars. I guess I'll just have to leave it in the drawer (it's currently with my Tamagotchi from the 90s and a million Giga Pets) until I find a V2... but now at least I have an excuse to buy a V2!

:) :D How it's possible, my V1 worked 1 year with same battery.Use the handy-dandy volt meter to test which batteries are good, whitch are not. Or try some other batteries from other producers. :D :D

:) my ver 1 old colours are fine probaly 'cos they are conneXion :D over 2.5 months since last year mauhahaha

I have a green w/ squares but it didn't run out of batteries until 99 days..