Why did the drama teacher do this?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii-Kitty

Reaction score
Omg, for Drama class we are putting on a play. He has us read 3 different plays, and read the whole script as a class.

(NOTE: we only READ the script of the fallowing plays, and he had each one of us read a "random" charactor of the play)

1st Play we read: A Christmas Carol

2nd Play we read: Twinderell

3rd Play we read: No body to murder <---- (What The Fox?!)

For the 1st play, I read a young girl who had 2 lines... and each was only ONE word!!! (GRRR)

For the 2nd play, I read an OLD WOMAN!! (GRRR) (I'M TOO SHORT, AND SMALL FOR OLD!)

For the 3rd play, I read a BOY!!! ...A MIME BOY!!! (If I DID get that part, and IF we DID do that play, I would have a white face!!) (GRRR)

Then we all chose 1 play to do. We decided "Twinderella" I told the drama teacher that I love acting, and I thought that I was REALLY good. And I express myself a lot, and I video taped myself the night before auditions to make sure I was good.

Then the cast list comes up... and guess what? I got the part of a BOY who has 4 lines, and and OLD WOMAN!!!! OMG!!!!

I want to trade a girl, who gets to be a giant gerbil.... That'd be okay by me, and she wants to be the boy part of mine, because he's a UPS guy...

I hope I get to be a giant gerbil at least!

Sometimes you just have to deal with it. But maybe you could pull your drama teacher aside (soon, before practice!!!) and tell her that you feel you have a lot more potential and can handle the job. If she (or he) still turns you down, don't flip out. Show maturity, that always helps. Even if it's hard.

Hope I helped even the slightest bit! And good luck with everything!

Cinderpelt♥

I know how that feels. I'm sorry. :mellow: But if I could be a giant gerbil I would be overjoyed! Don't laugh but then people would laugh at me and I would be happy.

You're sounding um, really childish right now.

So what if you have to be a guy? Or an old woman? There are worse things...

I mean, being a giant gerbil isn't that great...

I'd find it terribly humiliating xD;;

Well, at least your even in the play, I bet some kids would kill for 4 lines.

Also, no one at school is acually an old lady, so SOMEONE had to be picked for that part, and he must have thought it was good for you.

You may think your good, but maybe there were people who walked in there who were just better.

One fall shouldn't hold you back from getting up, remember that.

I don't really get what the big deal is. I would probably find it quite fun that I got a part of an old lady or a boy. xD

Anyways, if you really don't like your parts, try talking to your drama teacher and see if you can trade parts with someone.

Well it's a acting class. You can't expect to have a good acting role all the time.

Try to at least have some fun with it. It will be over soon.

Well, at least your even in the play, I bet some kids would kill for 4 lines.Also, no one at school is acually an old lady, so SOMEONE had to be picked for that part, and he must have thought it was good for you.

You may think your good, but maybe there were people who walked in there who were just better.

One fall shouldn't hold you back from getting up, remember that.
Ditto.

You have to learn to play a variety of parts- and to play them well and instead of complaining about it, turn it around and say that you'll show them that they chose the best for that part.

That's what makes a good actress. ;]

I didn't think drama teachers were supposed to teach their students to be overly dramatic.

I, for one, lack sympathy on this matter. There's no reason to cry over something you didn't get. At least you're in the play. Play your role well, and be outstanding. It doesn't matter who you are in the play, what matters is if you can be a good actress -- not a whiny one.

@TW/P and Tamagirley - agreed.

In life, no one is going to hire an actress who wants to and demands to only play one part. They want to see if you can portray any part thrown at you.

If you hate your part that much, quit. But no one will hire a quitter.

@TW/P and Tamagirley - agreed.
In life, no one is going to hire an actress who wants to and demands to only play one part. They want to see if you can portray any part thrown at you.

If you hate your part that much, quit. But no one will hire a quitter.
Very true.

Seriously though, whining about things you don't have isn't going to get you anywhere in life except down.

To some: Thanks for the advice :D

To others: ...Ouch... Do you think I'll not get over it? :mellow:

Actually, idk about other people who would "kill" for lines, because in my school everyone who wants to be in drama, gets to be in drama. They don't turn you down. And everyone in drama gets a role. So... *(yes, I have a small school)*

I'm acting childish? Isn't it suppost to be normal to be upset for some people about a small thing?

I over exatuated when I explained, but when I found out that was my role, I got a tad teary but I never cryed my eyes out! XD Let alone, I didn't even punch my pillow, 'cause I'm not mad!

Oh well.

*(If you have another "suggestion" then please put it in a nice way, no flaming here, or telling me "you were nice" because I dont think I'm gonna bother to reply back to someone who's trying to tell me otherwize)*

All they are trying to say is that you're making a big deal over nothing. You kind of sound like one of those preps who goes and cries in the bathroom because they broke a nail or something. It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got. So be happy that you're even in the play.

I'm an actress.

I've been in over 20 shows, and in a lot of them, I didn't have many lines. I didn't always get the part I wanted, and in one show, I played a male character.

You should be happy you're even in the show.

A giant gerbil? LOL LOL LOL I would do anything to play that part. xDDD Anyway.......you're sort of being a bit whiny about it, don't you think? When I read the topic title I expected something like the drama teacher punched you or something. I've been in a couple plays. I've never had more than six lines, but heck, at leat I'm not a rock or something thart doesn't speak! Get over it. Sheesh. There will be more plays to be in.

To some: Thanks for the advice :D
To others: ...Ouch... Do you think I'll not get over it? ;)

Actually, idk about other people who would "kill" for lines, because in my school everyone who wants to be in drama, gets to be in drama. They don't turn you down. And everyone in drama gets a role. So... *(yes, I have a small school)*

I'm acting childish? Isn't it suppost to be normal to be upset for some people about a small thing?

I over exatuated when I explained, but when I found out that was my role, I got a tad teary but I never cryed my eyes out! XD Let alone, I didn't even punch my pillow, 'cause I'm not mad!

Oh well.

*(If you have another "suggestion" then please put it in a nice way, no flaming here, or telling me "you were nice" because I dont think I'm gonna bother to reply back to someone who's trying to tell me otherwize)*
Well in your first post it seemed like the end of the world. It did seem like you weren't going to get over it, thus the posts you have recieved. If you didn't expect us to comment, why do it in the first place?

Also, it doesn't matter if your drama club thing lets everyone in, some kids might have got less lines than you, and some kids in other schools don't get a chance to act, so be a bit appriciative [sp.] if you want to be respected.

Of course your allowed to be upset, but you should know your going to get differet views on it than you.

Anyways good luck on your play, rock your part no matter how small it is.

I have a story for you.

A girl I knew in my fifth grade class got the part of a dancing sugar cube in our play. She also got to be a "farmer's wife" and her husband happened to be a guy I like and still like.. but ah well. That last bit isn't important XD

Back then, when we had a rehearsal, the villages who saw it would each write a letter on huge paper to the village saying what they liked about it. Every single letter had praise for the dancing sugar cubes. None of the letters had any praise for the farmers wife. It makes sense.

That girl was really upset by that. She felt like people only liked her part, not her acting. And that's true, they did. Small children are not to be objective about good acting or bad acting. If it makes them laugh, they like it. If it doesn't, ew, what a bad part.

I had an okay part. I got a tiny amount of recognition for it. But I think, overall, I was happier then this other girl.

So you see, it's not about the parts you get. It's how you approach them. You're not going to be happier by getting a starring role in the play.

Omg, for Drama class we are putting on a play. He has us read 3 different plays, and read the whole script as a class.
(NOTE: we only READ the script of the fallowing plays, and he had each one of us read a "random" charactor of the play)

1st Play we read: A Christmas Carol

2nd Play we read: Twinderell

3rd Play we read: No body to murder <---- (What The Fox?!)

For the 1st play, I read a young girl who had 2 lines... and each was only ONE word!!! (GRRR)

For the 2nd play, I read an OLD WOMAN!! (GRRR) (I'M TOO SHORT, AND SMALL FOR OLD!)

For the 3rd play, I read a BOY!!! ...A MIME BOY!!! (If I DID get that part, and IF we DID do that play, I would have a white face!!) (GRRR)

Then we all chose 1 play to do. We decided "Twinderella" I told the drama teacher that I love acting, and I thought that I was REALLY good. And I express myself a lot, and I video taped myself the night before auditions to make sure I was good.

Then the cast list comes up... and guess what? I got the part of a BOY who has 4 lines, and and OLD WOMAN!!!! OMG!!!!

I want to trade a girl, who gets to be a giant gerbil.... That'd be okay by me, and she wants to be the boy part of mine, because he's a UPS guy...

I hope I get to be a giant gerbil at least!
Oh, wow.

If you are going to complain so much about the parts you did get then they shouldn't have asked you to be in the play at all. Think about the people who didn't get a part and would liked to have a part.

I have no sympathy for you at all.

The parts themselves are not that bad. Just because it's not your first choice doesn't mean it sucks.

Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back