Signs of a Fake Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaPATCHI

Reaction score
Michigan, the home of the bipolar weather.
Here are the signs of a fake tamagotchi. Many people browse for Tamagotchis on ebay, and come up with a V5+. They buy it, and then it is a total rip-off. Well, here are ways to help prevent that from happening.

[SIZE=14pt]Signs of a Fake Tamagotchi[/SIZE]

[align=center]

1. The tamagotchi package does NOT include the red BanDai logo.

2. If it is a [insert V1, V2, V3, V4, V4.5 here], look for some fake shells that have not been released for that version. (We have the shells for all of the versions in the Tamagotchi News forum)

3. Versions higher than the V4.5 are FAKE.

4. If the tamagotchi shell's 'Tamagotchi' spelling is incorrect, it is fake.

5. If it says for the V1, V2, or V3 that you can get a job in the advertisement text.

6. If on the advertisement text it includes some characters that are not actually existing in the tamagotchi world. (Credit to Nya chan [also known as Makiko and Ura Togetchi])

7. If the package includes a JD logo or other. (Credit to Nya chan [also known as Makiko and Ura Togetchi])

[/align]

Those are all the possibilities I can think of [for now]. I will add any more signs of a fake tamagotchi if you post them in this topic :(

//TP

[SIZE=8pt]thank you so much! but I do believe that this belongs in Tamagotchi Warnings...[/SIZE]

Here's another: When it has a wierd font of the giant words TAMAGOTCHI. Usually, the first O you see would be a tama with mametchi in it, and the two bottom ones tamagotchi's connecting.
Actually, some Tamagotchi have different kind of Tamagotchi Logo above the screen.

i know this is off topic but.... does anyone have msn?
If you know its off topic, don't post it.

Anyways, the shell one, isn't always true. Because, Japan have different shells to America, America have different shells to Europe, and Europe have different shells to Japan.

Omg wow thanks so much for letting me know! Another tip is...

Code:
[SIZE=14][COLOR=gray]IF YOU DON'T NOTICE ALL THE STUFF ON THE OUTSIDE, PULL OUT THE TAB (If there IS a tab on a fake Tamagotchi!) AND SEE IF A TAMAGOTCHI POPS UP! IF NOT, THEN YOU PROBABLY WASTED ALL UR MONEY ON IT![/COLOR]

I saw a fake V5 today at the brampton flea market.It was 8 dollars and almost looked real. Heres another one:it dies on you easilly,no instustions,battrey in front of package,buttons are labled,cheap and wierd looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back