:lol:Help With Caring

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

broesty

Reaction score
I'm getting a 4.5 tonight at Wal*Mart, and It's my first tama, is there any tips on how u take care of yours, please help! :eek:

Congrats! I'm sure you will love your first Tamagotchi, be sure to come back and tell us how everything goes!

AWESOME!

Tamas r sooo cool! When mine evolved, it turned into a regular tama that looked like a bubble, and online he's pink!

One thing I must say, the v4 (and presumably v4.5) are hard to care for because of having to play such long games.

I'm going to explain everything, but only stuff that's gonna actually influence care. I won't include anything that will influence care.

First thing I will say is check the check meter often. The check meter is the first icon and therefore it's easily accessible. Try to keep the hunger and happiness meters as full as you can. Whenever one of the hearts empties be sure to fill it up again. The hunger meter can be filled up if you feed meals, the happiness meter can be filled up if you feed snacks or play games.

The training meter is also in the check meter. This isn't that important on the v4 as far as I know. I will try to explain it later because it can be hard to explain.

You can also check your Tamagotchi's skill points on your check meter. The face is for humour, the sparkle is for gorgeousness and the fist is for passion. If you've just hatched your Tamagotchi from an egg, these stats will start at 0, however, if your Tamagotchi is on its 2nd generation or higher it'll have some skill points, passed down from its parents.

The fourth screen of the check meter shows you your Tamagotchi's age, weight and name. The name isn't too important when it comes to raising a Tamagotchi. Every 24 hours your Tamagotchi is unpaused for the age counter will go up by 1. This should give you a semi-decent counter that helps you judge when your Tamagotchi will evolve (though some Tamagotchi seem to evolve earlier than others). You should keep the weight low. Your Tamagotchi gains weight as you feed it and loses weight as you exercise it (play games with it). Each Tamagotchi character has a base weight and once your Tamagotchi is too close to it it won't play games. For example, if your Tamagotchi's base weight is 10g, it won't play games until it weighs 13g.

The next screen shows gender and generation. Gender is self-explanatory. Generation is harder to explain. When your Tamagotchi hatches from an egg, it'll be on the first generation. When it has a baby the baby will be on the second generation. When your first Tamagotchi's baby has a baby, that baby will be on the third generation. And so on.

Next up is the Gotchi Point and Username screens. Though they are separate screens I will explain them together. Gotchi Point screen shows how many Gotchi Points (money) you have. Your Username is used for entering Tamatown and cannot be changed.

Second thing I will explain is the Attention icon. It's the tenth icon and can't be highlighted (it highlights on its own). Basically it just lights up if your Tamagotchi is hungry, unhappy, ill or needs discipline.

Third thing I will explain is Discipline to get that out of the way. It's the sixth icon (first icon on the bottom row) and is used to help increase the training bar. If your Tamagotchi beeps and is crying, praise it. If your Tamagotchi beeps and still has at least one hunger heart full and one happiness heart full, punish it (give it a time out). And if you wrap a present and connect to another v4 or 4.5 and your Tamagotchi sends something nasty your Tamagotchi will come back and grimace at the bottom of the screen. At this time, you should punish your Tamagotchi.

Fourth thing I will explain is food and exercise. The feeding icon is the second icon. You can choose to feed a meal or a snack. There are four main meals and four main snacks. You can buy additional snacks as well. Some of these additional snacks might even increase your Tamagotchi's skill points (by only a few points though, but those few points add up)! A meal will make your Tamagotchi gain 1g (or 1lbs, if you've got a Connection) and a snack will make your Tamagotchi gain 2g. However, if you've got three stars in the Health section of your current Fortune Mail, snacks will only make your Tamagotchi gain 1g.

The activity icon is the fourth icon. Here you can play games to exercise your Tamagotchi and some other stuff I won't go in to. The five games on the v4.5 are Climb, Tug-o-war, Apple, Shapes and Manhole. Now I don't actually have a v4.5 so I'll just have to read the v4.5 manual and hope that it's actually correct this time. Yeah, Bandai's v4 manual (actually, there were others) had some errors.

The first game is Climb, unlocked at the start. Basically you just press the middle button to jump up onto the next cloud. The speed and size of the clouds changes.

The second game is Tug-o-war, unlocked when your Tamagotchi evolves into a child (some people say toddler). Try and stop the bar when it is at its fullest by pressing the middle button.

The third game is Apple, unlocked when your Tamagotchi evolves into a teenager. Move the basket left to right by pressing the left and right buttons to catch the apples.

The fourth game is Shape, again unlocked when your Tamagotchi evolves into a teenager. There is a row of shapes at the bottom and a row of shapes falling from the top. Match the falling row to the bottom row. This is sorta hard to explain so I'll try and draw a "diagram":

Falling shapes: O H N (these aren't actual shapes as far as I know!)

Bottom row: N H O

You will see that the N and the O are in the wrong place.

The left button is for the shape on the left of the row, the middle button is for the shape in the middle of the row and the right button is for the shape on the right of the row. You want to swap the N and the O. The O is the shape on the left of the falling row, and the N is the shape on the right of the falling row. Hold the left button because you want to swap the O and then press the right button while holding the left button to swap the N and the O.

Hope that wasn't too confusing!

The fifth game is Manhole, again unlocked when your Tamagotchi is a teenager. The left button is for the left hole, the middle button is for the middle hole and the right button is for the right hole. Press the buttons to open and close the corresponding hole. For example, if you press the left button you will open (or close, if the hole's already open) the left hole. Try not to get anything nasty in the hole!

Depending on your success in the games, you'll win Gotchi Points, your Tamagotchi will gain skill points and your Tamagotchi will lose 1, 2 or 3g of weight (the better you do at the game the more weight your Tamagotchi will lose).

Climb and Tug-o-war raise random skill points. Apples raises Humour skill points, Shapes raises Gorgeousness skill points and Manhole raises Passion skill points.

Anyway better get on to some other stuff! Now I'll have to quickly explain the Toilet and Medication icons. When your Tamagotchi is sick (a skull or a tooth will appear) you'll have to use the Medication icon (seventh icon) to give your Tamagotchi a dose of medicine. Don't hesitate to give a double dose if required. And when your Tamagotchi makes a mess, clean it up using the Toilet icon. If it's about to go you can use the toilet icon to make your Tamagotchi use the toilet. If you manage to do this your Tamagotchi will fill two happy hearts.

And two lucky last things are Work and Important Mail. Important Mail is located in the Mail icon, which is the eighth icon. Important Mail is the [ ! ] icon. If you get an important mail it means your Tamagotchi is going to start preschool/school or graduate from preschool/school. It also gives you your job offer mail (some people describe job offers as "my Tamagotchi is walking through a little village and if I press C it gets mad and leaves"). Another important tip. When your Tamagotchi gets enrolled into school, you can use the left or right buttons to scroll through the teachers.

Work is located in the Communication icon, which is the fifth icon. Work's the first option. If your Tamagotchi does not go to school, preschool or work, your Tamagotchi will just shake its head. If it does go to preschool/school/work, you'll be taken there to play a game (or just watch an animation if your Tamagotchi goes to preschool). This will aid in getting skill points.

I hope I helped! One more thing:

Enjoy Life to the Full!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back