vegitarians

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
I know its long but read it..

O.K well, there are a lot of vegatarians at my school. And for a long time i was a one too, but those of u who are stopping eating meat all together... i just realized that if u think its mean to eat other living breathing creatures, than u must think that animals are mean too! Animals kill other animals even worse than we do. And dont plants fall into the catigory of living and breathing? :rolleyes: and, (im so sorry if this sounds mean beacause i love all animals)if it is on your plate u are not nessasarily killing it, if u dont eat it, someone else will, and you are not killing it at all, just wasting food. We were created to eat meat,( we have the teeth to proove it) and there is nothing wrong with that, its what god intedid

now im not saying you have to quit cold turky (or cold lettuce) on being a vegatairian and im NOT saying u have to be total meat-eaters im just saying that please stop thinking that people that eat meat are bad people and that eating meat is bad cuz its not.

thats all i got to say.

Plants, well, they have no logic, hey they can't feel pain. They can't think so eating plants is ok.

But I think eating meat is kinda wrong. One animal could have given somebody a lot of pleasure instead of being eaten.

Also, in the bible it said that humans were meant to be pure and not to eat another flesh. And, qourn and tofu tastes like meat and is a lot healthier for you.

Sorry, about the spelling mistakes? Lol.

People who do not eat meat shouldn't care that others will eat meat. It's their buisness, right? Cows, pigs, sheep and fowl are bred for meat, dairy and eggs. Sheep for wool as well. You don't eat wool, I hope.

The only thing that bothers me is when an extreamist says that all meat eaters grow up to be mass murders. What kind of BS is that?

One person said that she refuses to become friends with people who eat meat, because she says that it's like shaking hands with a murderer.

Some Vegetarians do respect meat eaters. I am not Vegetarian.

So, people shouldn't care what a person eats. Be it meat or not. It's their choice. Their life, their buiness.

Plants, well, they have no logic, hey they can't feel pain. They can't think so eating plants is ok.But I think eating meat is kinda wrong. One animal could have given somebody a lot of pleasure instead of being eaten.

Also, in the bible it said that humans were meant to be pure and not to eat another flesh. And, qourn and tofu tastes like meat and is a lot healthier for you.

Sorry, about the spelling mistakes? Lol.
Let me straighten this Bible thing up: Yes, you are correct in that it was supposed to be pure- no death, no pain, etc. etc. But then sin entered the world through Adam and Eve's fall and what did God due to cover thei nakeness? An animal had to be slain to give them clothes and food. God wasn't being mean was he? No, but that's the consequence of sin- death. Death to everything.

I don't have a problem with vegitarians as long as they are getting are healthy. Plants do not have everything meat has so if you are a vegitarian then you really have to work to get a variety of things so you are healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I disagree that it is bad eating animals...we need food to survive...

And so do...lions! They eat other animals, to stay alive...

Get my point? xD

People who do not eat meat shouldn't care that others will eat meat. It's their buisness, right? Cows, pigs, sheep and fowl are bred for meat, dairy and eggs. Sheep for wool as well. You don't eat wool, I hope.The only thing that bothers me is when an extreamist says that all meat eaters grow up to be mass murders. What kind of BS is that?

One person said that she refuses to become friends with people who eat meat, because she says that it's like shaking hands with a murderer.

Some Vegetarians do respect meat eaters. I am not Vegetarian.

So, people shouldn't care what a person eats. Be it meat or not. It's their choice. Their life, their buiness.
EXACTAMONDO!! ;)

Not all vegetarians think people who eat meat are bad. Heck, not all vegetarians are vegetarians because of said reason. Some people are vegetarians because they just don't like meat. Take me, for example.

I could be considered a vegetarian because I eat meat every once in a blue moon. But I'm not a strict vegetarian. I just don't like meat. Yeah, I'll eat it whenever I'm forced to, but otherwise, no.

People are allowed to be vegetarians if they want to. Like I said, not all vegetarians are all "ZOMG DAT P3RS0N IZ BAD BCUZ D3Y IZ 3ATIN M3AT!!!infinity!1!!1". Some just prefer to not eat it.

also, meat has important nutrient (or whatever) that our body needs (and killing and animal is that same as killing a plant cuz PLANTS R ALSO ALIVE)

also, meat has important nutrient (or whatever) that our body needs (and killing and animal is that same as killing a plant cuz PLANTS R ALSO ALIVE)
I REPEAT... EXACTAMONDO!!

.:: Hot Banana ::. made a great point.

Plants cannot feel pain. They may be living and breathing, just as animals are, but the concept is very different. Plants do not have nerves. They do not have brains, eyes, noses, or mouthes, either. They cannot feel anything.

If you disagree on eating plants and animals, go ahead and eat artificial food for the rest of your life.

I'm not stopping you.

:]

Oh, by the way, there's this thing called 'vitamin supplements' that give you the vitamins and nutrients you need. And don't tell me "oh that's not the same!", because if you take them right, yes, it is.

But I think eating meat is kinda wrong. One animal could have given somebody a lot of pleasure instead of being eaten.
Its not wrong for a human being to eat meat. If we weren't meant to eat meat then why can our bodies digest it. I have no problem with people being vegitarians, I was one myself for a few months. That one animal you don't eat is going to suffer anyway wheither you eat it or another person eats it, unless your buying Free-Range meats

.:: Hot Banana ::. made a great point.
Plants cannot feel pain. They may be living and breathing, just as animals are, but the concept is very different. Plants do not have nerves. They do not have brains, eyes, noses, or mouthes, either. They cannot feel anything.

If you disagree on eating plants and animals, go ahead and eat artificial food for the rest of your life.

I'm not stopping you.

:]

Oh, by the way, there's this thing called 'vitamin supplements' that give you the vitamins and nutrients you need. And don't tell me "oh that's not the same!", because if you take them right, yes, it is.
i'm not a vegatarian i'm just saying that killing animals is sooooo similar to killing plants because its still killing off life. thats all. i'm no fool and i understand that they have pills and some other stuff to get that Xd but i was just making my point. some vegatarians don't eat meat because its killing, but same for plants. they are life forms weither they can or can't feel or think.

Meh, It's a habit that I get from my dad. I can't stop eating meat! I mean you take one bite and it's meat city there on! I understand what your saying but some people just enjoy it, it's not like it's a bad choice or something. I could stop but it's addictive. I wonder why someone would dislike other people that eat meat?

I used to be a vegeterian.

But then I came to the same relization that you have come to.

You aren't killing the animal; farmers are. If you don't eat meat, then somebody else is (like you pointed out).

By not eating meat, you're not helping. No matter what YOU do, people are still going to eat meat. Animals will still be killed.

So what if you don't eat the meat thats served to you? The animal is dead, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you don't eat it,

it's not as if the animal will magically come back alive again.

Oh, and .:: Hot Banana ::./tamawpants, I don't see what the bible has to do with any of this? We all have different belifs, and not everybody believes

in God and the bible.

Maybe bringing up the bible in a topic like this is inappropiate? We're talking about our opinion of eating animals; not what the bible has to say.

*x*x*x*LonelyTears*x*x*x*

I used to be a vegeterian.But then I came to the same relization that you have come to.

You aren't killing the animal; farmers are. If you don't eat meat, then somebody else is (like you pointed out).

By not eating meat, you're not helping. No matter what YOU do, people are still going to eat meat. Animals will still be killed.

So what if you don't eat the meat thats served to you? The animal is dead, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you don't eat it,

it's not as if the animal will magically come back alive again.

Oh, and .:: Hot Banana ::./tamawpants, I don't see what the bible has to do with any of this? We all have different belifs, and not everybody believes

in God and the bible.

Maybe bringing up the bible in a topic like this is inappropiate? We're talking about our opinion of eating animals; not what the bible has to say.

*x*x*x*LonelyTears*x*x*x*
I realize that and it's not 'innapropriate'. We weren't saying 'omg, no one can eat meat cuz of da biblezz!' or 'you can't nt eaat meet cuz of daa bible!1!!'. Evidantly there is an issue over the morality of eating animals and some people do believe the Bible is authoritative in our lives. What's wrong with that? We all have different views. If a person said they were Islamic and they didn't eat animals because of what they believe would that would that be 'inappropriate'? I think not. ;]

There is actualy is a vegitarian diet based on the Bible called the 'Halleluia Diet' which is totaly on topic. xP

Im not a Vegitarian.

You know why?

God made Animals not only for scarfice, he always made them so we can eat.

That just my opioion.(SP? XD)

Dont flame me for it.

What bothers me, is some people say 'the animal could have served a purpose. So you shouldn't eat it.'

K. But it didn't. It's dead when you get it. It's not like you're killing it.

'The animal could have had a life.'

50% true. But it didn't. And if you don't eat it, someone else will. Also with the 'it could have had a life' Not so true depending on where it came from. Most animals that are killed for us to eat, live for that purpose. They're raised in captivity for the purpose of becoming our dinner.

It's not like the animals we eat are endangered species :/ Last time I checked we weren't eating bald eagles and pandas.

Humans are made to be omnivores.

Not purely carnivores or herbivores.

I'll never really understand how people can completely cut one or the other out of their diet for prolonged periods of time.

I am vegetarian, but not because I feel sorry for the animals, just because I thought that it might be a healthier choice. What I do not think is healthy is being a vegan - unless you can't have dairy products because it makes you sick.

But I don't care who is what, or what eats what. It does not change who you are.

Well, if you don't eat meat or plant what else is there? Nearly everything contains some sort of plant in it.

All the stuff would be artificial then. ]:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back