Pills

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallenstar--

Reaction score
GAH! Recently I've been taking 2 chewable kids vitamins, but my dad said I should start taking 1 adults vitamin, since I'm a vegetarian. Normally, I would start to take the adults instead.. but there pills. I'll admit it right now: I have a fear of swallowing pills. I just can't do it! I haven't actually ever been able to get it even half way down my throat. Usually this is how it goes: I put the pill in my mouth, then I drink the water, and then when I'm just about to swallow it, I chicken out and stop it with my tongue and swallow the water instead ;) .

Does anyone know any ways I could try to swallow pills?!

Thanks,

FS-- <_<

Try it in applesause. I was the same way, I got over it.

Eat it with some salad or something. <33

I'm the same way. o.o My mom even cut this adult pill into tiny tiny pieces but I still couldn't swallow them! I just...CAN'T. It's like I'm afraid.

I don't really know how to help you, since I can't really help myself. x.x But if I think of anything, I'll tell you for sure.

What is your favorite food? It may work for human beings, then.

For an example, if you like apples, get a tiny bite size piece of an apple, and place the pill inside of the apple slice. Eat it, and pretend that it is just a slice of an apple. Before you know it, the pill is down your throat!

I use to be exactly the same way. I could never consume them. I would either chicken out or choke on them because I was scared.

I can't even remember how I learnt how to do it. I am still a little scared but I overcome it and usually just do it.

I think TamaPATCHI's idea is good. Try putting it in your fave. food, and it might just go down without you realizing. ;)

What is your favorite food? It may work for human beings, then.
For an example, if you like apples, get a tiny bite size piece of an apple, and place the pill inside of the apple slice. Eat it, and pretend that it is just a slice of an apple. Before you know it, the pill is down your throat!
Is it alright to chew a pill that's actually suppose to be swallowed? I mean it doesn't say on the label "WARNING: DON'T CHEW", but does that mean it's fine?

Meh. ;)

FS--

Is it alright to chew a pill that's actually suppose to be swallowed? I mean it doesn't say on the label "WARNING: DON'T CHEW", but does that mean it's fine?
Meh. ;)

FS--
It is, but I find it tastes gross. Well, my Hay-fever pills do.

Ugh...same here. I as feeling sick so my mom gave me a Tylenol pill...and I couldn't swallow it. And this happens all the time. All I do is swallow the water. It's really annoying me. I always chicken out too. You're not alone.

Hold your head back so your face is looking at the ceiling. Then put the pill in your mouth. Insert water. Swallow it. Just do it. I hate it too but just swallow it. If it feels to big, just cut it in half (that helps me :p )

I close my eyes really tight. Another thing I do is drink the water and the pill at the same time, so that I don't have the pill in my mouth for the split second before I get the water. I really do think that helps.

Pop the pill in your mouth, and let it rest on your tounge. Then put in A LOT of water until the pill is floating in the water. Then tilt you head back, and swallow! It will be like taking one big gulp of water.

That's what I do, anyway.

I have the exact same problem :S I just cut the pill into quarters (or smaller) and swallow it. You can use two spoons to crumble up the pill or tablet. Some will be too hard to break though.

-ryta-

Meh.  ;)

FS--
Well, it's a bit hard to put it in an apple and if the coating melts then it will be DISGUSTING. Maybe cottage cheese would work if you don't chew it. But here's another strategy- practice swallowing soft foods like mandarin oranges or spaghetti (in small amounts like one noodle coiled in your mouth) whole. It's soft and it goes down easily, doesn't it? Well that pill is 3x smaller than that orange or that spaghetti! After you are comfortable swallowing things then fill up a glass with water and pop the pill in. Then try to swallow. If it doesn't go down the first time that's normal and just keep drinking the water until it goes down, thinking of the orange or the spaghetti. If that doesn't work, pretend you're practicing with the orange or the spaghetti but put the pill in with it and it will go down like that.

Well I can dry swallow pills, so I might not be too much help but..

When you are taking the pill, have extra water ready, because at the last second, when you freak out, just take more water, and let it slip down your throat.

i use to be the same way but lol i got really sick one day and that was the only way to help so i finaly did it now i dont even use water i just put it in my mouth and its down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back