Blank Screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mykidswannaknow

Reaction score
My 6yr olds Tamagotchi (V2) has had a couple of black outs in the last few days.

The screen just goes completely blank like when you buy it and before you take the tag out. Then it comes back to life with no warning. Time and date are all out of whack tho...

does this mean it needs a new battery? I thought it would alert you if there was a low battery problem..

any ideas?

did u try to reset it?? :( it mite really b out of battery.try to take the battery out n put it back in then press download.... :mellow: this is strange.oh wait did u happen to drop it in water or anythin....hope u didnt try to wash it :blink: .how long did u have it cuz if u had it 4 a very long time then it mite as well b out of battery :blink:

tama_love!!

Everything he/she said could be the case. You may of also borght a fake tamagotchi. Does the back of the Tamagotchi say "BanDai" and on the box?

If the batteries are low, it should display a message with like a batterie with a cross over the hole screen with it going thru the batterie.

If you are sure that you HAVEN'T bought a fake Tama (as Jappyx suggested), then it seems worthwhile changing the batteries - even if the Tama is new.

Make sure you buy / install the correct type - several battery types will fit, but you need a CR-2032 3V - or it will keep beeping/going blank again.

If your Tama is REALLY new (less than 3 months), the battery shouldn't have worn out - take it back for a refund and replacement (if they still have any in stock).

Best, etc.

TamaMum

Same thing happened to my daughter's when it was only 1 month old. It also did some other weird things like food was in the items list and items in the food list and it had about 70 balls ! Still, it even ate them! - I took it back for a refund.

It is the 'proper' one.. I bought two of them for my girls (6 and 8 yr olds) in May this year for their birthdays' (after much nagging begging and pleading on their part).

Lucy ASSURES me that apart from a few drips here and there, (rain, drinking fountains at school etc), she hasnt bathed it :wacko:

and although I AM the perfect mum (even though I am writing this instead of getting them to school on time) :wacko: I don't usually wash stuff I don't have to so we can rule that one out :ph34r:

I might try changing the battery.. its one of those ones like you put in a computer to replace the clock/back up thingy isnt it?

If it happens again I will take it back to the shop, whether they will want to exchange it without the docket etc is another matter.. sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back