Can you reset the original Japanese tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tifa_mo

Reaction score
I'm planning buying a P1 or P2 japanese tamagotchi on ebay, just wondering can you reset these two versions of tamagotchi? or it's like if you tamagotchi dies you can never play your tamagotchi again?

And can you reset the American version of the p1 p2 tamagotchi? (even though I'm still planning on buying a japanese one)

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You can reset an original Tamagotchi (small button on the back of the unit), but if you're talking about the DOWNLOAD function that the new Tamagotchis have these days, then no, the original Tamagotchis do not have this option....which is the whole original point anyway: when a Tamagotchi goes back to its home planet, you can't just call it back to return or get the same character you had before it returned to Tama Planet. :angry: Anyway, hope this helps and I'm glad someone is still interested in the ancestor Tamagotchi...they're more superior, in my humble opinion. :angry: Good luck! :)

oh no no no, i didnt mean that, my English's bad so sometimes I really can't express my thoughts thoroughly....

what I've heard was that the original japan version of the tamagotchi's like if your tamagotchi died u will never be able to have a new tama again, is it true?

When you reset your tama you get a new tamagotchi all your items points friends etc will be erased.

And there is no download function on the older tamas :)

When you reset your tama you get a new tamagotchi all your items points friends etc will be erased.
And there is no download function on the older tamas :p
The P1s and P2s do not have items, points and friendlists.

All you have to do is press the little reset button on the back of your P1/P2 to reset it. A new Tamagotchi will be born again for you to take care of. =3

thank you all for replying, so I guess my information was wrong, you can actually have a new tama after the previous one dies.

I just bought the Japanese P2 tamagotchi from ebay.

now my other concern is: the package's never opened and the tamagotchi's never been played, do you think the batteries inside would have already corroded and ruined the whole thing?

thank you all for replying, so I guess my information was wrong, you can actually have a new tama after the previous one dies.

now my other concern is: the package's never opened and the tamagotchi's never been played, do you think the batteries inside would have already corroded and ruined the whole thing?
If it has never been opened, that means the little tab has never been pulled, so there's a good chance it will be just fine.

The only way you will know for sure is when you open it up, though.

I would have never guessed you are not a native English speaker. Hahaha!! Your English is excellent.

Anyhoo.. I would not worry too much about it not working. I have been buying and selling these little guys for years and the Bandai stuff is pretty reliable even after all of these years.

If there is corrosion, you can often gently scrape it away. It is rare when corrosion will commpletely ruin the unit though of course it does happen. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back