Hm...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milkandcerealxo

Reaction score
*I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY*

Okay, dont get me wrong- I love tamagotchis. I like how I can raise a pet without having to do any dirty work or anything, but as the trends are changing, people are starting to think tamas are getting dorky.

Okay, so I know you're not supposed to pay attention to what other people think of you, but i need to be realistic- I live in the OC, where EVERYTHING revolves around what people think of you. It's quite annoying to think that I have to hide in order to not be seen in the kiddie aisle at target trying to find a new tama.

I really think that tamas would become cool if they featured them as a cute accesorie in like seventeen magazine or something (boys modeling them too, to show that they aren't gender sensitive)

because then people will think of them as something high fashion- not something that 8 year old girls play with.

Plus, tama town is a little corny...

Everything has eyes and a beak... buildings, mailboxes, trees, the sky, the planet itself- :)

ugh im just venting.

Do you agree?

Not really :)

You already know that you don't need to pay attention to what ppl think of you if they see you with a tama.... but living in OC isn't an excuse :)

Lots of places judge on appearances, it's human nature.

Either you ignore it, or you shrug and get over it :)

I don't mean that in a nasty way... I suppose I am suggesting that you need to think about how much you like tamas and whether that is more important to you than being seen in the tamagotchi aisle. Then you can decide if you want to wear dark glasses and a hat as a disguise or just go in as you are and brave it out :eek:

LOL - I just had a thought - if everyone is so judgemental in OC - isn't it considered dorky to shop at Target? :rolleyes:

No, not really...

I think that Tamagotchis are chic and cool just on their own, without help my commercials and ads. And, yes, it would be cool to see people or celebrities stylishly modeling them in COSMOgirl and Seventeen, but that doesn't need to happen. Trends are just, well, trends. A way for some people to boast and others to be turned down because they don't have a certain thing. Trends happen with clothes, shoes, accescories....and I just think it's really sad to see some people flaunting while others are all alone not able to participate in the trend. I don't want that to happen to Tamas!

And, (as with all trends), the trend will be over before it started and soon Tamas will go back to being "8 year old play toys". It's like a life-cycle. It lives and then just as soon as starts, the next second it's gone. :|

What I would do if I were you is maybe tell my friends about how cool I think Tamas are. Maybe they may end up liking them as much as you do, and if they don't, that's okay too. Sometimes it's okay to like a thing all by yourself...it can just be your special thing that absolutely no one can take from you.

Heck, I still watch Sesame Street sometimes, so if you think you playing with Tamas is dorky...then I'm dorky X 10!!! :)

Chatterbox

PS: I think it's cute how in Tama Town everything has lips!!! :p

:D [SIZE=9pt]Well, sometimes i get worried because what people might think of me, my mom doesnt really care but my dad HATES them,and my brother says there for girls [ but i dont care what he says, if i did i would stop playing with them].. In stores i dont care if people see me because they dont know me so they cant do anything.Even some cashiers would say stuff like " i bet these are for you" or "hope you have fun"... so that makes me feel better :huh: ,but in school its totaly different, I always think what their reaction might be if i told them i had some,so i dont tell them[i wish i would get over that so much!]...overall it doesnt really matter what people think of you,if their your REAL friends then they shouldnt laugh or make fun of you,and if their not your friends then that doesnt matter because their not your freinds and their opinion doesnt matter+-+-+-+p.s. i agree with Chatterbox, its really cute that they give everything life,life and more life to everything,just think about it you will never be alone because you can talk to your house :huh: :huh: ..."off off and away!" :huh: [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I agree. I'm 21 years old, so I definitely am discreet about my tama playing. My family knows I play with them, but I wouldn't bring them along if I went out with friends or something. I'll bring 'em if it's just me and my fiance or if I'm by myself, but that's pretty much it. I do go on tamatown, but I do agree that it's quite kiddyish. The games are definitely geared towards younger kids. I only really use tamatown if I want to make quick cash.

Anyway - I don't think tamas are dorky per se, but they are seen as dorky if you are my age, haha. Personally I think they are awesome collector items. I don't see the difference between me playing with tamas and my 30+ year old brothers playing their x-box 24/7.

At my school, Tamagotchis are actually a fashion statement. It's considered embarrassing not to have one, so I wear mine with pride. :angry:

Well I always leave mine at home in case someone sees it...

I mean if you are seen with one at school everybody teases

you unless there your friends. We are allowed to bring them but no one does anyways.

:lol: :lol: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

If your buying it in a store, don't worry about it because you can just tell people that your buying it for your little cousin, sister or brother. Or just tell them its a gift for someone if they question you. You can always order them online too if you are that worried about it.

I don't find Tamagotchi getting dorky.

If this makes you feel any better, I still watch movies about Winnie the Pooh (my favourite is Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin) and read books about Winnie the Pooh :blink:

I think in the commercials they should show a mixture of adults and children, boys and girls. I remember a few years ago at school some other people in my grade, one of the teachers and I were discussing sterotypes. One thing that came up was that in commercials about brands like Roxy and Billabong the only people in the commercials tend to be teenage boys and girls. Someone else said maybe they should have 70 year old men surfing or something like that.

NO NEVER NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

TAMAS ARE SOPPOSED TO LOOK WIERD BUT U LEARN TO LOVE THEM

TAMAS ARE AWSOME AND I AM LIKE 13 JUST TO TELL YOU, U ARE PROBLEY THINKING WOW SHE IS JUST A GEEKY GIRL WHO HAS NO FRIENDS AND IS NASTY. WELL NOT TRUE MY MOM HAS A TAMAGOTCHI AND I AM LIKE ONE OF THE MOST HOTEST GIRLS IN MY GRADE SO YEAH :huh: :eek: :p B) B) B) :mellow:

---------------------------

[SIZE=14pt]Save the penguins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]stop global warming[/SIZE]

stop animal abuse

[SIZE=14pt]stop animal testing [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Save the earth [/SIZE]

U ARE PROBLEY THINKING WOW SHE IS JUST A GEEKY GIRL WHO HAS NO FRIENDS AND IS NASTY. WELL NOT TRUE MY MOM HAS A TAMAGOTCHI AND I AM LIKE ONE OF THE MOST HOTEST GIRLS IN MY GRADE SO YEAH
I don't think it matters if you're the hottest girl in class, the ugliest or somewhere in between. If you like tams, then you like tams. That's all there is to it. To each his own. I'll always like tama's. They first came out when I was a kid, and they'll always be special to me.

i dont agree

people who think tamas are dorky just havent has one themselves or there parents wont let them have one thats all

and so what if your a dork

DORKS RULE lol

soz if i hurt anyones feelings

bye :lol: :( :eek: B) :D

Pretty much, Like whats been said before.

You shouldnt worry about what people are thinking of you.

and if their your friends your hiding from, What kind of friends are they if they make fun of you for something you like.

People worry too much about immage these days.

Just have fun with your life.

TAMAS ARE AWSOME AND I AM LIKE 13 JUST TO TELL YOU, U ARE PROBLEY THINKING WOW SHE IS JUST A GEEKY GIRL WHO HAS NO FRIENDS AND IS NASTY. WELL NOT TRUE MY MOM HAS A TAMAGOTCHI AND I AM LIKE ONE OF THE MOST HOTEST GIRLS IN MY GRADE SO YEAH B) B) B) B) B) B) :furawatchi:

---------------------------

[SIZE=14pt]Save the penguins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]stop global warming[/SIZE]

stop animal abuse

[SIZE=14pt]stop animal testing [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Save the earth [/SIZE]
Being "hot" doesn't mean anything. I'm called ugly but I still have lots of friends that care about me.

Well, anyways, I don't think Tamas are geeky. They are just like any other toy. Some people like them, some people don't.

I don't think that Tamagotchis are dorky. :furawatchi: Also, they aren't just for 8 year old girls. B) I'm a 19 year old girl and I still play with my tamagotchis, and I'm sure that there are older males and females on here that play with tamagotchis, also. ;D

Well, you shouldn't care what people think about yourself. It's what you think about yourself that matters. No one's opinions can change what you think about yourself. B)

i love tamas!!!!!!
Please stay on topic, this is for mature conversations. People are serious whether or not tamagotchis are dorky. I personally do not think that they are dorky, or nerdy. They are a matter of fun.

Ooh, well I can't say my age but everyone knows I am *technincally* an adult. That's all I'll say.

Well..

I take my V5 to work and it's all adults there. Nobody seems to think it's especially strange that I carry around a Tamagotchi.

I even share it with my work partner. She's in her 60's I'd say and she thinks it's neat. Actually, most people think it's pretty neat.

Now just being the kind of person I am, had I been in school (Jr. High or Highschool) I know for a fact I would have brought them to school and snuck some playing in between classes. My real friends would not have cared at all that I had one. They might have thought it was a little silly but they know that's just me. :lol: I need to play. I am a playfun person and they know that.

So.. if your friends think just having this little toy makes you less of a person, I don't know what to say. Are people really that shallow? They are really missing out. Maybe a couple of your friends are also closet Tamagotchi players? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back