Question about fake tamagotchi's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraAB87

Reaction score
Ok, I have been shopping for tama's a lot on ebay. I noticed there are a bunch of tama's on there that say "tamagotch" on the package, omitting the last i. This is for the older tamagotchi's made in 96-97. The bandai logo is there and the sellers claim they are originals from japan. Are these fakes or are they real?

Ok, here are 2 links to the examples of the ones I suspect are fakes:

Tamagotch

White Tamagotch

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, the word "tamagotch" instead of tamagotchi threw me off and I assumed they were fakes, as I never saw the original japanese packaging before.

Ok, I have been shopping for tama's a lot on ebay. I noticed there are a bunch of tama's on there that say "tamagotch" on the package, omitting the last i. This is for the older tamagotchi's made in 96-97. The bandai logo is there and the sellers claim they are originals from japan. Are these fakes or are they real?
Ok, here are 2 links to the examples of the ones I suspect are fakes:

Tamagotch

White Tamagotch
While niether of these are the originals, neither are fakes either. They are the second edition, which I believe is just Bandai playing around with the characters, kind of like the Ura characters, except this is totally new characters. This was also the debut of Mimitchi.

Tamagotch is what the original Japanese tamas were called, although it was changed to Tamagotchi when they were still in production. After this Ocean, Devil, Angel, Connectibles, and Forest varieties and more were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back