Screen turned black?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celebrine

Reaction score
My daughter's tama screen turned black today. The various option buttons across the top and bottom are still there, but pressing the buttons does nothing. Any idea what happened and how to fix it? She is in her 9th generation so we are really hoping not to have to reset it.

Thanks!

Try pressing the reset button. Then, press B. Instead of pressing reset, press download. If that doesn't work, get a new battery. If that doesn't work, you'll have to reset it.

She pressed the reset button and it beeped, but the screen did not change from the black square and none of the buttons seem to be doing anything.....

If so, these things tear through batteries. This would be it's 3rd battery in about a year.

It generally goes through a battery every two months or so. If your daughter pauses a lot, it conserves your battery power, and damages Tama's growth rate.

I have no cluewhat happened. What version is it? My v4 had a low battery on 5g after buying it. After I changed it the battery lasted 8 months . Then a couple of months ago it had another low battery and I changed it. It is now currently a Young Androtchi. Hope I helped! Hito7 :mametchi:

You need to get a jeweler or something to fix it! Dont act like the Freaks on youtube who destroy Tamagotchis!

She pressed the reset button and it beeped, but the screen did not change from the black square and none of the buttons seem to be doing anything.....
A dead battery is normally shown by a pixelated oblong with a large X across the screen.

A black screen is pretty unusual ; it might be a problem with the pixels - do you know if the tama was dropped on a hard surface recently - or if it got wet somehow?

In any case, if you're not having any luck with the buttons, try changing the battery for her.

Then press RESET + DOWNLOAD (even if you see an egg waiting to hatch). You may well get the old tama back on screen again.

If the screen stays black, then sadly, I think your tama has broken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back