CNET News comments on tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsy

Reaction score
*Tamagotchi

Created in 1996 by Aki Maita, Tamagotchi made manufacturer Bandai an absolute fortune. It was hugely successful and spawned countless clones. It was the must-have toy of its day. Why is it an example of terrible tech? Because it was intensely irritating.

You looked after a tiny pixellated cretin who, after eating a variety of oversized meals, left piles of dung in one corner of his screen, each as large as the creature it came from. Owners could then punish the little swine or feed it more food. It would also wake up at 7am demanding you clean the huge load it created while you were sleeping.

The little beggars disrupted classroom after classroom, caused fights in the playground and even spawned nanny services -- where unemployed housewives charged kids their pocket money to look after the useless b******* while their owners were at school.

Nothing this pointless should be spared the stinging lash of geek revisionism, regardless of its commercial success.*

This news story was posted by CNET News in 'Top ten terrible tech products'. I totally disagree with them. I am nso outraged!

There just close minded is all.

The old ones were a bit hard to look after i admit, but kids loved them..

They just dont understand.

I could care less what they say because I know its not true,to me the only reason people get angry is because they know its true,but tamas are wonderful I love how needy they are,but in the v5 I wish it was more needy I really do.. but other than that they cant make you stop buying them..." off off and away!".....p.s.-One more thing,its their opinion who cares,its what they say but it looks like they are wrong because look how many people like them... ^_^ ;) :lol: ;)

I'm sorry I say this but...

Don't listen CNET. They're just a buncha computer dorks who will only give good ratings to the latest Dell they enjoy.

Usually dorks don't understand V-Pets like us.

And yes, they are a little demanding. My mom told me that my older cousin once had a Tama, and my aunt would look after it all the time.

I'm sorry but they're just dorks.

how could they say that!!!!!!!
They said that because that's their opinion, however bad it may seem to us.

We look at Tamagotchi from a totally different perspective than they do. I know how to care for my Tamagotchi so it doesn't need too much most of the time and if it does, I'm used to the beeping. Maybe they either never had a Tamagotchi before or they had bad experiences with them?

Note that I have never raised an original Tamagotchi before (only Connexions), but I have raised a DigiMon for a day and I must say a child DigiMon was more needy than a child Tamagotchi Connexion, dropping hearts about twice as fast, but at the same time still really easy to care for.

Why would someone say that!! Tamas are soooo cute. So they are a little needy. Thats what makes them fun! I really can't believe some one said that. I know I shouldn't listen to them but... I'm a tama freak. ^_^ :D :D :angry: :angry:

Don't listen CNET. They're just a buncha computer dorks who will only give good ratings to the latest Dell they enjoy.

And yes, they are a little demanding. My mom told me that my older cousin once had a Tama, and my aunt would look after it all the time.

Exactly, Look at the source. And this is just one person's opinion.

Not all adults will agree, not all kids will agree.

Still, interesting article, thanks for posting.

While everyone is entitled to their opinions, Bandai's sales numbers for the tamagotchi speak for themselves. Cnet can say pretty much whatever they want about how annoying they are, but who cares? I know I don't :D

That dang CNET should actually research tamas before they offend them. If people are bothered about it waking at seven (which it doesn't) they can just pause it at night. But then I guess everyone has different opinions

It's very sad, but that's pretty much the typical adult view of tamagotchi's... Most of which, are annoyed parents of addicted children. Adults just can't have fun like us kids. It' obvious kids have superior imagination over adults. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some adult tamagotchi fans who didn't judge the book by the cover, but that's just the typical adult view of tamagotchis.

[SIZE=9pt]No, actually, I think you have every right to say that! I have no clue in the world what the CNET News is, but I agree with you that they're just a bunch of computer geeks who only like their little Dell computers and other high-tech gadgets and gizmos. Of course, I shouldn't be talking, because I too love all the gadgets and gizmos that people come up with now. The PSP, or XBox 360, for example. But gladly I'm not like them who are TOTALLY obsessed with that kind of stuff. They really DON'T have a clue, do they?[/SIZE]

DX I understand that people have opinions...BUT PETS DO THAT! THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT ON THE RIGHT TIME, THEY DON'T POOP WHILE SLEEPING! RAAR! GBZGHSDFKLGSUISSS! \m/(>.<)\m/ Dorks! THEY DON'T WAKE AT SEVEN, THEY WAKE UP AT DIFFERENT TIMES! AFJDIOFHASJDJK! WHY BUY ONE, GET FRUSTRATED WITH IT, SAY HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THEM, AND MAKE PEOPLE MAD?!

I bet they wanted to be called dorks who are obsessed with friggin' Dell compies. :3 Why get one when you can use a regular computer? The computer I'm using has 3 trojans and messed up the games I play, and I'm fine with it. X)

i think that those people don't understand how tamas help kids. They teach kids responsibleity by having to take care of them, but maybe these people dont understand that there is this awesome thing called PAUSE mode. They abviously have never had one cause they are not hard to take care of, un less you want them to always weigh good and become cool tamas. I personnally think these people don't have kids.

don't even worry about that. cnet is like a totally fake place anyway. their stories are all bogus, obviously written by people who have no lives. xD yeah uhm they probably are just real big meanies.

*TamagotchiCreated in 1996 by Aki Maita, Tamagotchi made manufacturer Bandai an absolute fortune. It was hugely successful and spawned countless clones. It was the must-have toy of its day. Why is it an example of terrible tech? Because it was intensely irritating.

You looked after a tiny pixellated cretin who, after eating a variety of oversized meals, left piles of dung in one corner of his screen, each as large as the creature it came from. Owners could then punish the little swine or feed it more food. It would also wake up at 7am demanding you clean the huge load it created while you were sleeping.

The little beggars disrupted classroom after classroom, caused fights in the playground and even spawned nanny services -- where unemployed housewives charged kids their pocket money to look after the useless b******* while their owners were at school.

Nothing this pointless should be spared the stinging lash of geek revisionism, regardless of its commercial success.*

This news story was posted by CNET News in 'Top ten terrible tech products'. I totally disagree with them. I am nso outraged!
Well, that is very rude, but we can't do anything to change their opinion. Only Bandai can to somehow fix that, but I don't think their opinion will change..

The 'pixellated cretin' is actually very cute, in my opinion. The meals aren't oversized, and it only wakes you up at 7am when you have the sound on. :lol:

I don't understand how tamagotchis could cause fights..

The tamagotchi was successful in customers because kids thought that tamagotchis were very entertaining, and they are, again, in my opinion. :(

I'm an adult (19 yrs.), and I even still enjoy playing with my tamagotchi in my spare time. :lol:

First of all, tamagotchis when they poop, you can't punish it. you clean it up. also the poo is big so you can see it. The meals are not oversized, How dare they assume such things?! If they wanna critisize something, they should critisize neopets. Neopets are sooo hard to care for. I am not talking about the website, im talking about the virtual pet thingy.

WTF?! ARE THEY ASKING TO LOSE THIER VIEWERS?!

WELL I THINK THEY SHOULD CONSIDER EITHER ASKED TO BE PARDONED

OR PUT THAT ON THE TOP TEN WORSE NEWS SHOWS! :huh:

I LOVE TAMAS AND IF THEY FEEL THAT WAY THAT JUST MAKES ME WANNA

WANNA CUSS UP THIS SCREEN!

P.S. I THINK THEY LOST 1000 MORE VIEWERS!

:huh: :huh: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tamagotchis are awesome and they should not say that. Thats why Bandai is making millions, selling tamagotchis, so I don't know what they are talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back