Tips for the Paranoid

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelJ

Reaction score
Part I: INTRODUCTION

Over the past few years, I've never had much of a problem hiding Tamagotchis from teachers, principals, etcetera, but from vindictive cousins and their friends.

I'll explain: While living in Kissimmee, Florida, I had two younger cousins that could be little angles, but also little demons. Basically, they lacked discipline, and love to torture me sometimes with their rough-housing and taunts. For some reason, they hated Tamagotchis with a passion, and thought I was "geeky" and even dumb for purchasing one. They especially loved to go into depth about how "gay" they thought they were.

Many times, they threatened to steal my Tamagotchi and reset it or break it altogether. If that were to happen, I couldn't have gotten one for a long time, seeing that my father was working two waiting jobs and fifteen bucks was still considered moderately expensive.

Fueled by silly paranoia, horrible boredom, and excitement (it was height of the hurricane season, so everyone was hyped-up anyway), one of my best friends and I got together, with Red Bull energy drinks in hand, to lay out all sorts of blueprints for odd, overly-complex "TamaBunkers" for my Tamagotchi. We even came up with actual steps for a "Tamagotchi Evacuation Plan," in case my little virtual pet was threatened and we needed to grab it and go.

First, Joy and I constructed a small area in a pile of blankets that was always there in my bedroom (there were six of us in all, so I shared the room with my dad; he was a clutterbug, so mess didn't bother him). We used two blankets, a quilt, some string, four sturdy books, and a clock radio left over from Christmas. After a few hours of tweaking and perfecting, Joy and I had contructed a virtually indestructable TamaBunker. The hiding spot was perfectly disguised, blending into the whole room.

Inside, there was a special holder for my Tamagotchi, the manual that came with it, a list of shop codes, and even an extra battery. It was like Anne Frank's Secret Annex in there. The clock radio served as an alarm that would go off if the Tamagotchi was picked up, made possible by tying a translucent string around the Tamagotchi's keyring and the other end around the clock radio's switch. Swollen with pride and giggles, we conducted several tests and drills, with silly scenarios. Joy even came up with a list of simpler hiding spots in her bedroom right around the path from my house.

So, as a result of many bored, feverish nights spent plotting and engineering on a tiny scale, I have created this list of places to hide and not to hide a Tamagotchi for those extremely protective people with too much time on their hands, as I was.

Part II: BASIC LOCATIONS

1. A very simple hiding spot would be at the bottom of a dry, fairly dustless vase of fake flowers.

2. Hiding a Tamagotchi in the bottom of a basket filled with potpourri is also a nice technique (it might even smell nice, too!).

3. If you have a bookshelf, pull a few books out, place your Tamagotchi in the back of the shelf, then carefully replace the books so they go back far enough to just touch your Tamagotchi. Be careful not to crush your toy, nor make the hiding spot obvious. Or, trick "hidden treasure" books can be bought. The trick books look like real books, but have a hollowed out space inside for jewelry, money, ECT..

4. If you have a window with blinds and curtains that are not see-through, simply take the blindpull, tie it around your Tamagotchi's keyring, and suspend it behind the curtains, toward the top of the curtain rod. Even is someone were to look in the window, it might not occur to them to search that deeply.

5. Hiding a Tamagotchi in your underwear/bra drawer is also effective.

6. While you may think the opposite, spaces behind large electronic devices, such as TVs and stereos, make great hiding places. Just make sure your Tamagotchi doesn't overheat and you do the dusting!

Part III: PLACES NOT TO HIDE YOUR TAMAGOTCHI

1. Toilet tank.

2. Fish tank.

3. Hamster cage.

4. Fridge.

5. Pantry.

6. Anywhere outdoors.

7. Couch cushions.

8. Behind washer/dryer

9. In powdered substances such as flour or laundry detergent.

10. Topside of a ceiling fan blade.

11. Kitty-Condo/doghouse.

Part IV: CONCLUSION

In closing, I certainly hope you have found my little list useful. Please feel free to add your own, or leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.

whyd you quote yourself

QUOTE (SkyCrystal @ March 03, 2008 08:21 am)

Cool! I had this really cool place to hide a tamagotchi, but I forgot! (It was a while ago.)

~SkyCrystal~

So did I ( biggrin.gif )... but just like you, forgot it!

--------------------

It's me, SkyCrystal! In this cute new account!

whyd you quote yourself QUOTE (SkyCrystal @ March 03, 2008 08:21 am)

Cool! I had this really cool place to hide a tamagotchi, but I forgot! (It was a while ago.)

~SkyCrystal~

So did I ( biggrin.gif )... but just like you, forgot it!

--------------------

It's me, SkyCrystal! In this cute new account!

IDK, I guess I wanted to see both my accounts posted in the same topic.

I remembered my idea! All you do, is sew a pocket in the inside of a jacket big enough for as many tamagotchi's as you want to carry around! And viola! There you have it!

~SkyCrystal~

At school I hide my tama in my PE kit which I keep by my jacket. Nobody sticks there hands in Stinky, sweaty PE clothes. Not even if they hear a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP from inside it. And It's easy to slip into your pocket during Lunch, though I never show it to my friends, except one. It just feels comforting to know that I have it with me. :D

Part I: INTRODUCTION
Over the past few years, I've never had much of a problem hiding Tamagotchis from teachers, principals, etcetera, but from vindictive cousins and their friends.

I'll explain: While living in Kissimmee, Florida, I had two younger cousins that could be little angles, but also little demons. Basically, they lacked discipline, and love to torture me sometimes with their rough-housing and taunts. For some reason, they hated Tamagotchis with a passion, and thought I was "geeky" and even dumb for purchasing one. They especially loved to go into depth about how "gay" they thought they were.

Many times, they threatened to steal my Tamagotchi and reset it or break it altogether. If that were to happen, I couldn't have gotten one for a long time, seeing that my father was working two waiting jobs and fifteen bucks was still considered moderately expensive.

Fueled by silly paranoia, horrible boredom, and excitement (it was height of the hurricane season, so everyone was hyped-up anyway), one of my best friends and I got together, with Red Bull energy drinks in hand, to lay out all sorts of blueprints for odd, overly-complex "TamaBunkers" for my Tamagotchi. We even came up with actual steps for a "Tamagotchi Evacuation Plan," in case my little virtual pet was threatened and we needed to grab it and go.

First, Joy and I constructed a small area in a pile of blankets that was always there in my bedroom (there were six of us in all, so I shared the room with my dad; he was a clutterbug, so mess didn't bother him). We used two blankets, a quilt, some string, four sturdy books, and a clock radio left over from Christmas. After a few hours of tweaking and perfecting, Joy and I had contructed a virtually indestructable TamaBunker. The hiding spot was perfectly disguised, blending into the whole room.

Inside, there was a special holder for my Tamagotchi, the manual that came with it, a list of shop codes, and even an extra battery. It was like Anne Frank's Secret Annex in there. The clock radio served as an alarm that would go off if the Tamagotchi was picked up, made possible by tying a translucent string around the Tamagotchi's keyring and the other end around the clock radio's switch. Swollen with pride and giggles, we conducted several tests and drills, with silly scenarios. Joy even came up with a list of simpler hiding spots in her bedroom right around the path from my house.

So, as a result of many bored, feverish nights spent plotting and engineering on a tiny scale, I have created this list of places to hide and not to hide a Tamagotchi for those extremely protective people with too much time on their hands, as I was.

Part II: BASIC LOCATIONS

1. A very simple hiding spot would be at the bottom of a dry, fairly dustless vase of fake flowers.

2. Hiding a Tamagotchi in the bottom of a basket filled with potpourri is also a nice technique (it might even smell nice, too!).

3. If you have a bookshelf, pull a few books out, place your Tamagotchi in the back of the shelf, then carefully replace the books so they go back far enough to just touch your Tamagotchi. Be careful not to crush your toy, nor make the hiding spot obvious. Or, trick "hidden treasure" books can be bought. The trick books look like real books, but have a hollowed out space inside for jewelry, money, ECT..

4. If you have a window with blinds and curtains that are not see-through, simply take the blindpull, tie it around your Tamagotchi's keyring, and suspend it behind the curtains, toward the top of the curtain rod. Even is someone were to look in the window, it might not occur to them to search that deeply.

5. Hiding a Tamagotchi in your underwear/bra drawer is also effective.

6. While you may think the opposite, spaces behind large electronic devices, such as TVs and stereos, make great hiding places. Just make sure your Tamagotchi doesn't overheat and you do the dusting!

Part III: PLACES NOT TO HIDE YOUR TAMAGOTCHI

1. Toilet tank.

2. Fish tank.

3. Hamster cage.

4. Fridge.

5. Pantry.

6. Anywhere outdoors.

7. Couch cushions.

8. Behind washer/dryer

9. In powdered substances such as flour or laundry detergent.

10. Topside of a ceiling fan blade.

11. Kitty-Condo/doghouse.

Part IV: CONCLUSION

In closing, I certainly hope you have found my little list useful. Please feel free to add your own, or leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading.
I have a brilliant hding place for a Tamgotchi where no-one would ever dream of looking for it! :lol:

cool idea ColonelJ!

What's your great hiding spot then 619inurhouse??

My hiding spot is simple, just hide it in your zipper pockets and take it out and hide it under your mattress, pillow or bed and them when you are going or it bleeps, just hide it in your pockets again.

was this useful?

Ha ha, I hide mine in a hole in a coat pocket, and it's a coat nobody ever uses. Then I stuff cotton in front of it so it feels like you'll keep going and just get further into the hole. xD

A even /better/ spot is under a dresser/bed/etc., etc. ^_____^

Another place NOT to hide your tama is at the bottom of a vase of real flowers.We all know what they need to stay alive!HINT:Drip, drip, drip.

Well, I don't need to hide them, due to the fact no one threatens my Tamagotchi, but if I had to choose a place, it'd be under one of my lamps. It's hollowed out and no one except my brother and I look at it, but he doesn't care, so I basically keep it hidden, if I wanted to. A LEGO was hidden under there for over a year, so is it good to do it with a Tamagotchi? Yes. :D

Cool,sometimes i get threatened that my Tamagotchi will be reseted and i hide it under my pillow or in drawers usualy.

(|__|)

(='.'=) <--- Hi I am bunny. Copy and Paste me

(")_(") in your signature so I can be famous

i usually hide my tamagotchi in my back pack at school but once a girl stole it but i got it back by checking the friends list and it had all my friends noy here friends

What my idea is that I sewed 4 inside pockets and every day I let my teacher discover each one with out getting my tamas taken away. Then after that I then sewed 2 more secret pockets. To get me through my 5 day school week and still have a spare pocket incase I am using my ovibious one a little to much.

I found it very useful :ichigotchi:

I have an empty Chocolatier box in which I store my Tama(along with my colored pencils) when I sleep. :furawatchi:

And yes, don't hide your tama anywhere wet or anything that may damage it in anyway(anything with magnets or something)

I just leave my tamas in my locker and fix them up every 2 hours when we have outdoor break.

I'd like to add for those who are bringing them to school and hiding them:

The backpack.

The lunchbox. (Box, not bag!)

Back of your desk cubby, like the bookshelf idea.

Pencil box (Make sure no sharp objects/pointy things are near the back of your tama-resetting!)

Latest posts

Back