Have Bandai just gone too far?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMAGIRL2008

Reaction score
Have Bandai Gone Mad on The V5?

I mean 3 Characters? Dating show?

It's Just gets so boring! You Can't even Change the Family Name!

You are right! The games are boring, You cant even name the characters, there are like a million items, and you cant even tell what they are, the screen is hard to look at, like it is blurry. I really do not like it, that is why I play with my v4.5

Hmm? Are you serious? My sister has a V5 and I haven't really gotten a chance to look at it. . .I actually think it looks fun, but I haven't really spent any time with them. Woah, a dating show? That sounds sweet!

Compared to the V1? :D

I think it's a step up from the earlier versions. I just got an original 97 tama today in the mail and it's so boring compared to the Connection versions. I think the V5 is neat.

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with not being able to change the family name, though it is a bit weird if it is the female Tamagotchi that is the one that marries.

If, say, someone's family name in real life was "Maude" and they were male, and then they married someone when they were old enough, their family name would still be "Maude" and they would not be able to change it.

Think of it on the bright side- you don't need to worry about what to name it too many times- only once!

I suppose the dating show is a good thing. If you have to have your Tamagotchi paused at the times of 10.30am, 3pm and 7pm (like I have to on Wednesdays) then you can still use the dating show at any time. Also the v4 (and maybe v4.5 but I'm not sure) had the Matchmaker stay on screen for only ten seconds, so she was really hard to catch. The dating show rectifies that problem.

I don't think it's boring but then it's just me. I like to look after my v1. A lot of people I know think that v1 is boring because there are "only" two games, no shop, no Gotchi Points, no preschool, school or work and no mail. Yet I love it all the same. Some people think the v5 is boring because on the first generation there are "only" two games and after that there are "only" four games and that there is no preschool, school or work and no mail. But that does not stop me from enjoying my v5.

I find that the pixels that are actually dark (like the ones in words and stuff- not the background ones) are lighter than the previous versions, so the background looks dark. You can adjust the contrast if it helps a little bit.

But it would be nice if you could actually name your Characters as GotchiBoy34 said.

And only one of your Characters can play the games!

I Totally Agree I Was Really Excited When I Got My New Tamagotchi (V5) When i Started To Play It ...I Started to realise how crap it is i think there are actually going down hill with the whole thing

In my opinion, I like the v5 because it would be boring if it was all the same (Like, same food etc). I like the way you can have 3 different tamas, although it is a bit disappointing that only one tama is the main one. Also, I don't like that you can only connect with another v5 but I guess it makes sense.

I totally agree... whats the point of having any tamas if your gonna have trouble catching up to all the versions bandai is going to mass-produce. they went overboard with the dating show thinking that all the people will love all the unnecessary stuff. i still have my v3 with no intention of going to a later version any time soon. :ichigotchi:

To respond to something mentioned in post 1, why would the Family Name change anyway? It's a last name, which stays with you forever in life (unless you take a new one).

I've had my V5 for about 5 generations by now, and it's still fun for me. I like exploring the different combinations of characters I can get, and it's a nice challenge to try getting one of those "Pure Families". :furawatchi:

~OM21

I take back everything I said!

When I posted this I was Babysitting my Betsies one!

Now I have one of my own I totally Love it!!!!!

But I still wish you could actually name the Characters!

And that why on earth do they have a Dating show!?

Bandai have gone too far...way too far. I mean 3 charactors on the screen at once thats a massive jump from the other conncetions :furawatchi: Its lost its novelty aswell its just far too complicated with all the bonding dating show and all! I feel that badai should have made the pets change from version to version a bit slower. I hope bandai is reading this topic :wacko:

I agree about the Dating show but I mean I love the idea of a Family!!!!

I also Agree about Bonding!

Maybe they should have done just 2 Characters lol..

I wish they still had the Idea of Job's and school!

i think its cool but its a bit darker than the other versions and 3 characters? thats weird. i still like it, but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different then the other versions. :) ^_^ ;)

I personally love my V5. It's basically a link back to V1 and V3, big successes with Ban Dai.

V1 with raising a pet, times 3 on the screen, and V3, with more codes.

Each version they had a different subject for your Tama. This version, it's family.

Bondings?: Families need to be tight. The better the family bonds, you know!

Dating Show?: To solve the problems of my laziness, and hey, some people need to use internet dating!

Travel Show?: Families go on vacations to get away! This makes it more family-like!

Only 1 Last Name?: Think of a real family, does every kid they have go to city hall to change their last name? Not exactly. (Especially boys.) And, the bright side is that you can have longer names in your imagination.

I hope I'm not offending anyone. I just wanna explain how it's a link back to some older versions and to explain it's familyness. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back