Languages...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paisley 520

Reaction score
You know how they make you take languages in school or somewhere? Well, I'm learning Spanish and it is soo boring. Well, at least the stuff our teacher taught us. What language are you taking, if any?

-Paisley 520

I speak:

Spanish

Russian

French

Italian

English

Some hmong

And many more. I dont want to list them off yet.

Dang Becca. That's a lot.

None right now. But I'm taking French all four years of high school.

...I might take ASL (American sign language) next year. It seems the most useful to me, because Im probably going to talk to a deaf person before Im getting in a plane and flying to Germany or Italy or France.

...I might take ASL (American sign language) next year. It seems the most useful to me, because Im probably going to talk to a deaf person before Im getting in a plane and flying to Germany or Italy or France.
My brother is taking ASL at the community college this year. He absolutely loves it and says it's pretty easy. (Although, the only deaf person he has ever met is his teacher.)

I'm learning French in school. I can also speak some Irish (Gaelic) and Norwegian, but I'm not anywhere near knowing as much of those languages as I know of French, even though I've only been learning it for two years.

Im Polylingual xD

English - Hello

Spanish - Hola

Russian - Здравствулте! (Pronounced Stratz Vwits Ya)

French - Bonjour

Italian - Ciao

Japanese - こんにちは

Korean - 여보세요

I have a program on my computer where I can type in the different languages/ alphabets/ etc. It is helpful when it comes to stuff like this xD.

But yeahs, Im not fluent in each language, but in all of the ones listed above I can say hello, and count from 1 to 10 or above.

I am fluent in english, italian and spanish though, and alot of russian. I am still learning the Japanese, Hmong, Korean, French, and German.

I know English of course, and I'm learning Canadian French from school. My father is teacher me some Swahili.

I'm self-teaching myself Japanese and Finnish.

I speak English and Spanish. I can spell English very very well,but I can't spell Spanish to well though I try my best and when I do it it looks like the original word.Hopefully by next year I'll be learning to speak French. I'm really working hard to get commended this year in reading so by next year I won't take it and just take French for High School credit and I will learn a new language.

Win,Win.

I speak English and am becoming increasingly fluent in Spanish. I took all 4 years of Spanish in high school, and Spanish is my college major. I LOVE the language and the variety of cultures in Spanish-speaking countries. So many people think that all Spanish-speaking countries are similar, but there is a HUGE difference between say, Costa Rica and Spain. I have a passion for Spanish and I am so excited that I will get to study abroad at some point!

I know a fair bit of German. I learned it it grade 5-7. It was cool because it was fairly easy.

I also know a bit of Japanese and Hindi. I learned Jap in late 2006, but it was so boring. I wasn't taught Hindi, but I learned a bit a few days ago when I was researching India for an English assignment.

I'm taking French this year. It's fun. I want to be and interpretor when I grow up. :]

Edit: Oh! I forgot! I took Latin in 5th-6th grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to do Indonesian.. ages ago. :D Its been a while but it was pretty interesting. :furawatchi:

I am taking French. Had a test today, was really boring and easy!

Ca va? Comme ci, comme ca.

I use to do Indonesian.. ages ago. :D Its been a while but it was pretty interesting. ^_^
I started doing Indo in 5th grade.

but I'd just changed schools and everyone had been doing it since kindy.

So I was pretty crap.

All i can remember is 'Salamaat Pagi!"

Well I'm in a French Immersion program which means I have almost all my subjects in french.

I think I might become fluent next year which I'm excited about cos the people I know in grade 10 are

all fluent. (I think..) It's really cool! ^^ I'm self-teaching myself Spanish. =] I can fluently speak

English and Japanese for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back