Don't pause.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tosakatchigal

Reaction score
Whenever you pause, you get into the habit, soon enough, you won't play with it any more!!!! Also, if you have to because of school, then just simply reset the time to midnight and it will be asleep the whole time, the only thing that will happen is that it will just grow (as in age). Also, the only time you should pause is when...

A: Can't take care of baby because you gtg.

B: Whenever you wanna keep it from growing.

Hope this helps...

I agree. It slows down the tama's growing process. It hasen't happened to me before, so I'm not too sure if it does, but I heard it does. When I go to school, I just leave it be. Once the bell rings, I take it out and feed it and praise it. It never dies for me. I remember on my v3 that my tama died when it was almost on it's 11th generation! D= Ok, so the main point is not to pause your tamagotchi.

Jkword, on my first genoration, whenever i used the pause it took 4 MONTHS to get to the next genoration. I also use tolet it be whenever i go to skool, too! It never dies. Now i just make it sleep.

I agree. It slows down the tama's growing process.
No, that only happens if you pause it overnight. If you pause it overnight, your Tama will stay the age that it was before you paused it. And sometimes, if you keep pausing it, habits don't usually form. I pause my Tamagotchi when I go to school and unpause it when I come back. It's never become a habit for me. And if you keep it unpaused while you're at school and it's a child, teen, or adult, then it has a chance of dying if you don't take care of it immediatley when you get back. Toddlers and babies can't die, but you'll have a lot to deal with once you get back from school.

Hope I cleared some things up! :eek:

~*MnMztama495*~

I once pause my tamagotchi for 30 minutes. The next thay she was suposed to grow in the morning, and it grew at 7 pm... I don´t pause my tamagotchis anymore, when I´m in school I just leave it under the desk with the sound off. That works for me because in my school classes only last 40 min. You choose: let them in "peace" or make them sleep, but DON´T PAUSE IT!! Hope I helped... :) ;) :)

Yea that is why I don't pause my tamagotchi anymore because when I pause it and leave it on top of my table I think about the good memories we had together so then when I pause it and I want it back I reset it. Even though there is a family for you on the screen. :angry: :ph34r: :gozarutchi:

Ugh..I know what you mean. I paused my tamagotchi, promising myself that it was just for a day because I was super busy. It turns out it was on pause for more than a month!! :( I had to reset the poor thing, but now I'm never pausing it again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a v5 which I bought recently, and at first I was distressed because you can't pause them!!! And i've always paused my v3 and v2 tamas for school, so i've worked out this routine where I hardly ever pause it, but i take it to school with me and check on it now and then at break times (making sure it's hungry & happy hearts are full, and that it's not sick or anything) and then i'm fine!!!

hope this helps xxx

Yeah, pausing is bad...I paused my 2 V2s, my V3, my V4...some have dead batteries, but the rest are still paused...now I'm using a V5 in the first gen...harder to pause forever...Haven't used the other ever scince...

Technically, as the LCD power has to be maintained, as well as the clock operation, so yeah, the batteries keep draining, slowly, however...

Well, the power drains at an estimated 1/2 the rate from before, giving that sound is off, each mode uses the same amount of power at all times, and LCD drain is ignored. I cannot get into further details about this because it would be off topic, and I don't have the needed materials to test this any further.

I used to pause mine when I went to school all the time (I left it at home). It stayed as a toddler for like a week. Then I decided not to pause it when I went to school. It died... I wasted a lot of battery power. So now I never pause it.

Latest posts

Back