Fish

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy30318091

Reaction score
I just got three new fish today, I got three goldfish named mocha, spotty and goldy one is fairly big and the others are small. I got a goldfish tank that came with a plant, instuction book, food, drops you put in water to clean it, gravel and a filter. I am waiting to put the fish in so they get used to the temperature and environment. Any tips on taking care of fish? ex. how often to clean tank and how often to feed them.

Goldfish are alot of work. I've heard they're dirty fish, so you should probably clean the tank at least once a week, and feeding I'm not quite sure about. Maybe like, for granual things, you should do 20 small or 10 big? For flakes, I don't know. I can't really efficiantly measure flakes.

W00t! Yay fish! I've had fish for a while now; about 7 years. Is your food non cloudy? If it is, give them some at least once. If you feed them twice a day, make sure the second pinch of food is a small pinch. About the cleaning: ^ Shadowfire beat me to it.

W00t! Yay fish! I've had fish for a while now; about 7 years. Is your food non cloudy? If it is, give them some at least once. If you feed them twice a day, make sure the second pinch of food is a small pinch. About the cleaning: ^ Shadowfire beat me to it.
It is non cloudy food. What I want to know is do I need caves and toys for it to swim around in? I have three plants and one coral decoration do I need more toys? My tank is three gallons and I do not know if I have room for toys.

It is non cloudy food. What I want to know is do I need caves and toys for it to swim around in? I have three plants and one coral decoration do I need more toys? My tank is three gallons and I do not know if I have room for toys.
Eh, are the plant's and coral decoration big enough to hide and play around in? If no, then you should just get a small little cave at Petcetera or whatever pet place you have around.

Word of warning/advice, gravel is a complete pain to deal with when it comes to cleaning.

I recommend marbles. Like the decorative ones you can buy in craft stores. Much easier to clean. Basically all you have to do is put 'em in a strainer and rinse them off xP

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, are the plant's and coral decoration big enough to hide and play around in? If no, then you should just get a small little cave at Petcetera or whatever pet place you have around.
My friend is giving me her fish toys like a cave and other things. I am going to move the plants around and put in the cave! I do not know if I can use her toys though because my dad said it may be harmful to my fish because it has been in someone else's tank

I put my gold fish in my turtle tank with about 100 turtles in it.They ganged up on my Fish and killed it.

Dont do that o.o

RIP Zombie Jesus.
xDD Only you....

I dun like fish. But congratz.

They're easy to take care of.

But goldfish scare me. o_O

My friend is giving me her fish toys like a cave and other things. I am going to move the plants around and put in the cave! I do not know if I can use her toys though because my dad said it may be harmful to my fish because it has been in someone else's tank
Just set it in boiling clean water. Don't use soap! That could be harmful. Just let it sit in the boiling water. But, if boiling it isn't good. Then don't do it. I remember reading my fish manual from my fish tank that doesen't have fish in it yet and I remember it saying somthing like that.

Word of warning/advice, gravel is a complete pain to deal with when it comes to cleaning.
I recommend marbles. Like the decorative ones you can buy in craft stores. Much easier to clean. Basically all you have to do is put 'em in a strainer and rinse them off xP
That's what I did when I had fish.

Marbles make things easier.

Fish are nice to have but they're lots of work.

Just set it in boiling clean water. Don't use soap! That could be harmful. Just let it sit in the boiling water. But, if boiling it isn't good. Then don't do it. I remember reading my fish manual from my fish tank that doesen't have fish in it yet and I remember it saying somthing like that.
I am not going to use them now I am going to buy my own fish toys

I looked up petsmart and they have everything that I need like a gravel cleaner, waste control, a cave, magnetic algae scraper, bucket, gloves, bllodworms, variety of flake and pellet food

Yay! Congrats! I feed my fishes once a day, a pinch of flakes. But I have way more than 3. Maybe you should clean it every month or every few months. But dont clean it too often. You need the good bacteria in the tank to kill the ammonia (bad stuff in your tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back