Oh My Gosh :O

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandragotchi

Reaction score
Okay I got an e-mail from my friend a couple of days ago about a spider. I choose not to read it first thinking "Pshh it's probobly not important" but now i decided to read it and now I'm perminently scared of spiders. It was about the brown recluse spider that ONLY lives in Canada and the U.S. It's a spider that if it bites you, then in just 10 days it literally eats away your flesh and you can die a very painful death. I can't post the pictures because they are extremely graphic but if you would like to find them go to google images and type in The Brown Recluse Spider all the pictures should be on the first page just look around. Here is an artile about the spider but if you type it in on google and search around you will find alot more true stories on the bites.

EDIT: This website has pictures of the bite progressing and how the spider looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by "if it bites you in 10 days"...? :D
I revised the post a little bit on that part. But what i ment is if you do get bitten then in 10 days you could die if you don't seek medical help. It really dangerous because you don't feel that it bit you.

Be careful when you offer info like this.

Also, when you receive info like this, be sure to look it up on your own.

Some clips from WikiPedia:

This spider is not aggressive and usually bites only when pressed against the skin, such as when tangled up within clothes, bath towels, or in bedding.

Most bites are minor.

Most fatalities are in children under 7 or those with a weaker than normal immune system.

If you want to see the whole thing along with a distribution map, see WikiPedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse

Uhg, I saw some pictures.... I actually am glad they aren't found in Florida.

It look's painful.....And disgusting.

I have a question, a few year's ago, I got off the bus and started to walk home. When I looked forward to start walking, I jumped and almost fainted. I saw a HUGE spider web with a HUGE brown spider nesting in the dead center of it, right on the sidewalk between a tree and fence. I was scared to DEATH but happy I didn't run into it (It was atleast more then half the size of my palm) It was brown, had a hairy thoraz, and looked disgusting. What was it?

Be careful when you offer info like this.
Also, when you receive info like this, be sure to look it up on your own.

Some clips from WikiPedia:

This spider is not aggressive and usually bites only when pressed against the skin, such as when tangled up within clothes, bath towels, or in bedding.

Most bites are minor.

Most fatalities are in children under 7 or those with a weaker than normal immune system.

If you want to see the whole thing along with a distribution map, see WikiPedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse
And you can't always believe what wikipedia tells you either because if I wanted to I could post anything i wanted to on there, even saying that bottled water gives you cancer (not true just a random example). And how come on every picture posted it was always older males in there late 20's early 30's and there was also pictures of animals that got bitten.

I seriously wouldn't worry about it. The Wikipedia link itself said that it was only in some areas of the US (Yes, where I live) and that they only bite if pressed against your skin, such as Mothra pointed out. Also it says that real brown recluse bites are rare.

I wouldn't worry.

Uhg, I saw some pictures.... I actually am glad they aren't found in Florida.
It look's painful.....And disgusting.

I have a question, a few year's ago, I got off the bus and started to walk home. When I looked forward to start walking, I jumped and almost fainted. I saw a HUGE spider web with a HUGE brown spider nesting in the dead center of it, right on the sidewalk between a tree and fence. I was scared to DEATH but happy I didn't run into it (It was atleast more then half the size of my palm) It was brown, had a hairy thoraz, and looked disgusting. What was it?
I'm not quite sure. I'll look into it later today when i have some spare moments. But i wouldn't worry too much because i see a lot of those outside my house in the warm months (I never touched it but my mom did to get rid of it and she didn't seem to have a problem with it). Was the spider browns kind of hair and had a much larger bottom part (the name's on the tip of my tounge) then it head?

Guys, the Recluse thing is way overblown. It's p retty hard to actually get bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider, they are very shy spiders. Just check your clothes quickly before you put them on if you live in an area where they live. I make a habit of it and it's a very simple preventative measure. In Kansas, we DO have Brown Recluse spiders...but we also have several other species of house spiders that look identical to the Recluse and are completely harmless. Most of the time that you see a "Brown Recluse", it is actually one of these more common and active species instead.

Now, I was actually bitten by a real Brown Recluse a few years back. It bit me in the inner elbow, but the worst I got from it was a smaller-than-dime sized area that became red and then eventually the skin died and came off over a period of a few weeks. Not a lot of pain, and the resulting scar is very small. Not every bite results in a huge, gory scene like they show online.

I also had a pet Brown Recluse that someone gave me because they found it in their house and were terrified. It was a very docile, slow moving spider, barely able to even catch baby crickets for it's prey. Very wimpy little guy, and certainly far from being a big, scary, aggressive spider.

****A MUCH worse and gory injury I've had resulted from me spilling Nail Polish Remover all over my left hand. I couldn't wash it off before it soaked into my skin. For the next 8 months, my entire hand except for my pinky finger turned into hundreds of small, blisters that hurt and itched intensely. It drove me crazy. After the blisters went down, all of my skin on my hand down into the pink, soft layer of skin died and fell off. It was extremely painful and ugly. That was 2 years ago, and I still have small areas of blisters appear on the damaged skin if it gets to dry or gets an irritant on it. My skin is very thin there now and looks different from my other hand. This was a bad 2nd degree chemical burn I suffered...all from nail polish remover. So, there are lots of rare opportunities to recieve creepy injuries from all kinds of things that we live around, not just from these little spiders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust Wikipedia. If you join, you can edit articles, and just put in some scientific-sounding nonsense.

As for the spiders, I wouldn't believe it regardless of Wikipedia. They just put the worst pictures on there possibly as a warning, or just to scare the crap out of people who have a fear.

Oh, and a 2nd degree burn... OW! :D

Guys, the Recluse thing is way overblown. It's p retty hard to actually get bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider, they are very shy spiders. Just check your clothes quickly before you put them on if you live in an area where they live. I make a habit of it and it's a very simple preventative measure. In Kansas, we DO have Brown Recluse spiders...but we also have several other species of house spiders that look identical to the Recluse and are completely harmless. Most of the time that you see a "Brown Recluse", it is actually one of these more common and active species instead.
Now, I was actually bitten by a real Brown Recluse a few years back. It bit me in the inner elbow, but the worst I got from it was a smaller-than-dime sized area that became red and then eventually the skin died and came off over a period of a few weeks. Not a lot of pain, and the resulting scar is very small. Not every bite results in a huge, gory scene like they show online.

I also had a pet Brown Recluse that someone gave me because they found it in their house and were terrified. It was a very docile, slow moving spider, barely able to even catch baby crickets for it's prey. Very wimpy little guy, and certainly far from being a big, scary, aggressive spider.

****A MUCH worse and gory injury I've had resulted from me spilling Nail Polish Remover all over my left hand. I couldn't wash it off before it soaked into my skin. For the next 8 months, my entire hand except for my pinky finger turned into hundreds of small, blisters that hurt and itched intensely. It drove me crazy. After the blisters went down, all of my skin on my hand down into the pink, soft layer of skin died and fell off. It was extremely painful and ugly. That was 2 years ago, and I still have small areas of blisters appear on the damaged skin if it gets to dry or gets an irritant on it. My skin is very thin there now and looks different from my other hand. This was a bad 2nd degree chemical burn I suffered...all from nail polish remover. So, there are lots of rare opportunities to recieve creepy injuries from all kinds of things that we live around, not just from these little spiders.
Pheww that calmed me down a lot Thanks. Now I'm not too fond of nail polish remover XD.

There everywere in WV :/My sister was bitten by one last year but she went to the doctors in time =]

I just saw one yesterday in the laundry room, Scary that im scaring a house with them Dx
Thank gosh she's okay =]

Yah there's tons of them in my backyard and basement too, thats why i've been in my room all day with the lights on and listening to Marlyn Manson on full blast of the speakers(they don't like light or loud noises)

lmao then that wouldn't work so well, go on your main level and then blow your brains out with MM thats what i'm doing now ^-^ it's working i don't see any spiders, guess there not fans of MM pshh more MM for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back