Words

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phobo

Reaction score
How did people make up words? Like spoon, for example. Did someone just hold up a spoon and randomly say,"SPOON." so from then on everyone called it a spoon. That would be weird. I WILL NOW DECLARE A NEW WORD.

word: Derfurd

Meaning: loser dorky people that nobody likes and are crazy and annoying and mean.

Yeah..I wonder how they developed swear words. xD
I think they developed swear words by making words that mean the same thing as words at would offend somebody.

For example, The F word means the same thing as s#x. The word s*** means the same as Poo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez we're all so IGNORANT!

I personally don't believe in swears. They're just words! Besides emotionally, how can they harm someone? If someone said a swear, would a knife just randomly strike the person in the head...?

I wonder where the word "balloon" came from. I mean, seriously. Balloon....??

Gosh, now my head hurts. My bf made up a word! it's kind of an acronym:

Fuga

Meaning: Fat upper gut area

lol we use it a lot

The alphabet came from Latin, I think. [=

It is weird though.. o.o

Im gonna bake a new word:

oggy

Meaning Silly xD

I don't really know. Like someone just saw a Tiger like animal and called it cat.

I think some of our lang. come from some Latin words. :3

Well languages I'm guessing are based on very old languages then they developped. Like English words, like plants has Latin words in them. Alphabet has Alpha and Beta (without the a) in it which are the first two letters in the Greek Alphabet. So languages are based on other lanuages and I'm guessing that orginally there was one language.

Most words do come from other langs.

Ex:

The word Trombone derives from the Italian Tromba(Trumpet) and one-(a suffix meaning "large") so it means Large Trumpet. :3 Tromba+one, take off the "a" in Tromba. Tromb+one=Trombone. =3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back