Friends or Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

memetchi_man

Reaction score
So. I have a unique problem, that I want settled.

I have some friends who pretty much think that anything having to do with fantasy, or video games, is "gay". Now, by "gay" I do not, by any means, mean homosexual. It's just what they call it. Anyway, none of them know that I am a common RPer, and I play a lot of video games, and raise Tamagotchis. And, in my mind, I kinda' know that if they find out, then, they probably won't look at me the same way.

Should I be ashamed of my Tamagotchis? Should I choose to tell them/not tell them?

What do you guys think, and do you have a similar situation?

I have some friends who pretty much think that anything having to do with fantasy, or video games, is "gay". Now, by "gay" I do not, by any means, mean homosexual. It's just what they call it. Anyway, none of them know that I am a common RPer, and I play a lot of video games, and raise Tamagotchis. And, in my mind, I kinda' know that if they find out, then, they probably won't look at me the same way.

Should I be ashamed of my Tamagotchis? Should I choose to tell them/not tell them?

Well who cares what they think? If they were your real friends they would still be your friend even if they knew all of that stuff about you. Thye must be serious people who don't like made up stuff. Hmmm they sound like lots of fun :wacko:

Do NOT be ashamed of them. If you enjoy them don't let those people tel you diffrent.

Hm. Yes, I've thought many a time about what would happen if I told them...

I think I will. :wacko:

Tell them! Tell them the things you do, because they aren't really good friends if they mock you for the stuff you do. Just tell them, and maybe they'll think twice about calling stuff gay.

You should probably get them hooked on tamagotchis! They don't know what they're missing....

Haha, I know, right?

I dunno' though. Have any of you guys had a problem like that?

Me once but you know what i said ´if you dont like me for who i am then deal with it. Or hit the road´ hope i help. If i did then email me

:unsure:

I like that. I think I'm just going to bring my tams along with me one time, to the movies or something with my friends, and when one of them needs my attention, I'll just whip it out. ;)

If they say something, then I'll use that line. Haha.

Yeah, i've had a similar situation. But when my friends saw me playing with my tama, they just playfully laugh, and then don't really care. They still treat me the same way (but sometimes they tease me playfully :) ) If they are really your friends, they would still treat you the same way even though you do something they think is weird.

if my friends said that to me i wouldn't care what they thought and kept on playing. ITS YOUR LIFE! (also, get new friends) :)

I have a similar situation. I collect Tamas, and I'm a fan of Pokemon... I'm 15, so if my friends new about that, they'd probably shun me for life... Haha. But people like that aren't really friends anyways. To tell the truth, I don't have any friends that know about my Tamas and stuff. I don't know what to do either. I usually put all of my Tamas up and away so nobody sees them if somebody comes over. It's terrible. That's why I don't really like hanging out with people!

Don't care about what they Think. Be happy with your self and the descion you made. Its there loss!

Just say, oh and I don't care about *insert their weird thing here* so why sould you care what I do. Meh, I am 15 and I don't really care. I'm more of the type that people think I am cool and stuff, they wouldn't care but they would say, "you have one of those things". Then they would move on. Although one of my friends I have known since 5th grade that turned into a stoner would treat me more like a jackarse but he is cool with it he would just mess with me then be cool again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some friends you have...

A real friend wouldn't care what you like or dislike, they like you for who you are. You should tell them, and if they make fun of you or treat you worse, you shouldn't hang out with them anymore. If you want to keep your friendship with them for some reason, then don't tell them, but if it bothers you that they're saying stuff you like is gay, you should speak up about it. It might turn out that they were making fun of such things because they didn't know you liked them, but then again, it might not.

Hope I helped!

Well I'm fourteen, and tamas are the bomb. All of my friends are all goth and stuff and they stare at me like I'm a retard when I play with my tams. That used to bother me. But then I just came up with this genius idea that I'm better then all of my friends anyway so I don't really care anymore.

What exactly do they mean by "video games and fantasy are gay?" It doesn't make sense. Just tell them that you play with video games, have Tamagotchis, and role play and that you don't appreciate them saying that all that stuff is "gay".

Yeah... people make fun of me for having a tama and my Nintendo DS. =/ So I like to play Nintendogs. Whatever. And now that I'm going to buy a special Rose DS and everything~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back