Can't swallow Pills!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamalovr67

Reaction score
I have a problem. You know those pills that you have to swallow. Yah, well I cant swallow them. I always have to get liquid or chewables. I know you are supposed to have them with water, and thats what I do. Ok, so, I had a stomachache for a few days and it was Sunday so the doctors was not open and it wasn't bad enough to go to ER, so my dad went to buy me some stomachache pills. I told him I cant swallow pills! But he said try it. So i did. when i would put it in my mouth I would drink water. But it just wont go down my throat! i spit half of it out because it dissolved in my mouth. So i tried again then i started choking and i vomited. I was wondering can any of you tamatalkers can not swallow pills. And is there something wrong with me? :puroperatchi:

I can swallow pills fine, but if you can't swallow your's, try taking it down with a slushie. It really helps because you can't feel the pill going down. :puroperatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't swallow pills either D:.When ever I try it like dissolves, and it's hard to get down your throat. I know how you feel. I always have to ask my dad to buy me the chewable childrens kind lol. I hope you feel better!

I have the same problem. I usually buy chewables. ^^

Oh, and I don't think anything is wrong with you. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't swallow pills either D:.When ever I try it like dissolves, and it's hard to get down your throat. I know how you feel. I always have to ask my dad to buy me the chewable childrens kind lol. I hope you feel better!
Me neither(We have alot in common,yes?). I can only take my ritalin(ADHD/ADD) and colndin(High. Blood pressure...) Ritalin=30M and colndin=half a pill.

I can't take big pills like my sister has to(for her face) . I had this pill for my face, and I cried becuase I couldn't take it.. xP And I threw it out which made my grandma Po'd.

I can swallow pills fine most of the time. Some people are like that. Maybe you could try cutting them up in smaller pieces. That may help ;)

-PokeMew

Hide it in a peice of cheese, like a dog! :D

Just kidding..

I used to have that problem.. Every time I tried to take a pill, a gagged, which made me cry because I have a bad fear of vomiting. It aggravated my doctors. After about a year and a half, I was able to swollow small pills, like my Zantac.

I'm sure it's because every time you prepare to swollow the pill, and you know what's coming, your throat constricts.

Wait a while. Take chewables and liquids, and when you think you're ready to try it again, relax. Maybe think about something completely different that takes your mind off of it, for even just a few seconds.

That's what I had to do.

Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you. There are a good amount of people who have or have had the same problem.

you're not the only one i have the same problem. i just can't swallow it no matter how much i try. i always feel like i will choke on it so i end up not taking it. i usually crush it into a powder and drink it with water although it tastes disgusting this way. i did, however swallow it twice in my lifetime without crushing it. people in my family think i'm weird because of this and i thought i was the only one who had this problem but since this many people have this problem on tamatalk it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

For a long time, I could not swallow pills, and always had to take the liquid stuff, or chewables. One day, though, I could just swallow them all of a sudden. I wouldn't recommend crushing the pill, as I have done that and the taste is horrible, but you can cut it up into small pieces and take them one at a time. If they're small enough, it should not be hard to swallow them. Just put one piece at a time on the center of your tongue and take a sip of water or another drink. (Don't use a straw, as this can make it harder to swallow.) You should feel the piece go smoothly down your throat. Then just repeat with the rest of the pieces until you've swallowed the whole pill!

I've never had a pill. My grandpa can swallow pills but i don't see why you can't.

Are you just now starting to take pills? If so, then it's normal.

When I first started taking pills, I was afraid I would choke, because I've choked before on a Jolly Rancher and it wasn't pretty. I thought the same thing would happen with pills. The first time I took a pill, it took too long to swallow it so it just desolved in my mouth. The taste wasn't pretty at all.

It takes a while to get the hang of swallowing a whole pill, but just keep taking pills (only if you need them, though) and in time you'll get it down. Just trust yourself, swallow big, and drink a lot of water after you swallow it so the pill will dissolve properly and do it's job. You can even swallow a pill with food. I've tried that once and it's just as easy as washing it down with water. Just put the pill in your mouth and take a bit of your food and swallow it.

When you do eventually learn to swallow a pill, you won't even feel it. If you're scared you'll choke, please don't be, because you don't even feel anything but a little tickle in the back of your throat. And that's it. Don't worry, after about 3 times of pill-swallowing, you'll get it down. Believe me, you won't choke. :eek:

Good luck!

I can't swallow pills either one time I was going to swallow a pill smaller than a pea but I couldn't do it!!!!!!

I cant either ._. My mom can swallow pills without water! I tried to. I ended up swallowing it but gagged (sp?). A lot of people reccommended Mini M&M's and then work your way up. I can swollow those either.

I used to not be able to swallow pills at all. Like you, I would gag and then throw up. However, when I started to get my ear infections again (about a year or so ago), my doctor gave me antibiotic pills. I tried crushing them up. It tasted horrific (and my brother accused me of trying to snort it.....), so I decided that I just needed to swallow the pill.

What I do is fill my mouth with water (Like, fill it up so much that my cheeks puff out) and then pop the pill into my mouth (sometimes it's easier to put the pill in and then fill my mouth up with water). Then I swish it around in my mouth a few times, and take a big gulp. It usually works. There are only some days that I can't swallow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back