Ripped Buttons

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

violetchirocks

Reaction score
:D :) :( :wacko: my little sister accidently ripped one of my tamagotchis buttons in half and i have to clic the a button with a pencil all the time is there any way to fix it without buying some expensive thing?

I don't think you could repair that,using a pencil isen't that bad is it?

maybe you cut the lead of the pencil then glue it on the half button

what the?

how could she possibly "accidently" rip it in half? o_o;

but yeah you could try making something like the buttons.. and glue it on..

i havent seen under the shell, but i guess its like a plate with those 3 buttons on? :)

I used buttons from a cheap knock-off pet that had broken to repair my angelgotchi. My situation wasn't the same, my angelgotchi's buttons had been squished to the point where I couldn't press them, but I'm sure that replacing the buttons is your best bet. Try ebay for cheap, off-brand pets.

all u have to do is open ur tama and replace the batteries and the best part of that is u get to choose ur own color i wanna customize my tama like paint it and change the buttons but im scared ill mess up =[

what the?how could she possibly "accidently" rip it in half? o_o;

but yeah you could try making something like the buttons.. and glue it on..

i havent seen under the shell, but i guess its like a plate with those 3 buttons on? :mametchi:
I used buttons from a cheap knock-off pet that had broken to repair my angelgotchi. My situation wasn't the same, my angelgotchi's buttons had been squished to the point where I couldn't press them, but I'm sure that replacing the buttons is your best bet. Try ebay for cheap, off-brand pets.
Under the shell, there's quite a few things. First, there's the wires connecting the circuit board and the battery socket. After removal of several tiny screws, you can move the circuit board, which is connected to the screen by another pair of wires. Underneath this is the glass part of the screen, the paper background, and the buttons. The buttons are actually one whole piece of rubber, with the three little bumps or pegs for you to push on. When you push them, they touch a certain spot on the circuit board, connecting the circuit and doing the action. You can remove this piece of rubber, because it isn't connected to the circuit board. Tear apart one of those fake JD tamas that are all over the place, and replace the piece of rubber in your (hopefully real) tama. Put your tama back together, reset/download, and tada! It's fixed.

If you non-geeks out there didn't get that, I found a web page with instructions for doing it on an older tama. Inside the connection tamas looks a little different, but the concept is pretty much the same.

https://necrobones.com/tamasurg/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back