Getting annoyed.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
OK, I'm not in PERFECT shape. Yeah, I don't eat what's healthy bladablabla. I actually am at a decent weight though. But because I'm gaining some weight I got some stretch marks around my waist (Only there. Ha.)

So whenever I eat something my mom wanted. She will start calling me fat. Or when she's mad she will call me a pig or something like that. Like when I eat a piece of Chicken she wanted, she get's all mad and calls me fat and overweight then brings my stretch marks in it T_T Sometimes I fight back with "So!? Atleast I'm HEALTHY! And don't have skin sagging!" But she doesn't seem to care.

Now I am starting to feel fat and I don't want to eat alot of food now. She is making me feel bad enough as it is. And bringing up my weight (159.5 lb's) Only makes me feel worse.

OK TT, your challenge is to help me. Conquer both my problems. Weight ad the teasing.

OK, I'm not in PERFECT shape. Yeah, I don't eat what's healthy bladablabla. I actually am at a decent weight though. But because I'm gaining some weight I got some stretch marks around my waist (Only there. Ha.)
So whenever I eat something my mom wanted. She will start calling me fat. Or when she's mad she will call me a pig or something like that. Like when I eat a piece of Chicken she wanted, she get's all mad and calls me fat and overweight then brings my stretch marks in it T_T Sometimes I fight back with "So!? Atleast I'm HEALTHY! And don't have skin sagging!" But she doesn't seem to care.

Now I am starting to feel fat and I don't want to eat alot of food now. She is making me feel bad enough as it is. And bringing up my weight (159.5 lb's) Only makes me feel worse.

OK TT, your challenge is to help me. Conquer both my problems. Weight ad the teasing.
If I may ask , how old are you , Meowbark? I'm at age 13 and weigh 82 pounds. So I guess it depends your age at what weight you should be at. Some people call it "puberty pounds ".. But I don't think your mom should be putting you down like that , she should be building your confidence , and not ruining it Dx I can see why your getting annoyed. Is your weight genetic , or is it due to what your eating?

I don't see how a mom could bring down her own child. Thats just... mean. Tell her how you feel and how bad she's making you feel <=(

I'm 15 and I weigh 95 LB and if it matters, I'm 5'8". I'm a bit underweight... I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 5'7, and 13. My dad says I should be at 140. I think it's due to my lack of willingness to do anything. Because I'm lazy, and I don't like Bike-riding at all. Yay for lazyness! ;D

But it is annoying, I wish she would stop. And she's only doing it because of the stretch marks. Some of the shirts I wear tend to ride up my sides and she see's them. No matter what I say (Even if I say "Stop calling me fat! D:<") She won't. Rather annoying in my case.

Well, there doesn't seem to be any problem with your weight. You're pretty tall, yes? 5' 6" Comes to mind for some reason... o_O

But that sounds about right for your weight.

Now your Mom... She sounds kinda... Yeah. You're around middleschoolish, right? You're probbably growing from your mom, which may be a good thing. If you have'nt already. So basically the less you talk to her, the less this happens. I know @.@

Don't tell her if your weight changes. If you gain, lose, anything, I wouldn't tell her.

Besides. You're healthy. Her skin is saggy.

Ohyah. Your avatar is pwnsome.

EDIT: Oh mai~ What a late post O:

I spent... a long time.

I would've been first o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at average weight for my age. But apparently she didn't weigh as much as me when she was in Middle school, yet she was shorter. (Height comes from dad's side of family)

I HAD to tell her my weight in order to get...yeah...undies. And that was recently. And because of her teasing my brother Jacob has caught on. Oh yes, thank you, now I have a 11 year old boy making fun of it as well.

I really don't know what to say MB. It seems like your mom is a bit of a bully. :chohimetchi:

All I can say is despite what she calls you, for your heath's sake just keep reminding yourself that you are at a healthy weight! You can't exactly control what she says against you but as you hear trash like that more and more, your brain does start to believe it. You just have to 'override' that nonsense with the truth.

I have a bit of anxiety about peers I don't know real well and she told me to "fake it till you feel it". I can't remember the real terms for it, but you 'rewrite' your brain to not feel a certain way. For instance, sounds crazy, but in my head I just repeat 'I love new people, I love saying hi to others in the hall I really don't know that well, oh yay, I get to talk to a random person' - you get my point.

I don't know what you can really do about her saying such things but you gotta remember not to let mean names get to your head. ;]

[SIZE=8pt]I am 14 and weigh 117 lbs and look thinner than that. It's borderline between healthy and underweight. If you're 13 and weigh 82 lbs, that's not healthy at all unless you're like really short. If you're 15, and you weigh 95 that's not healthy either. It all depends on height though, that usually determines what a healthy weight for you is. I am 5 foot 6 and a half inches tall. [/SIZE]

well for help all i can say is try to get more exercise and eat right, I'm not sure what to do about the teasing though... sorry :)

Exercise, get out more, lift weights, jog every day, heck, even I do at least this once or twice every week.

you dont seem overweight to me. im 14 and i weight 110 and im 5'2 or something, its ok to have a few extra pounds though, you dont need to be skinny as a stick. stretch marks can also lead for you growing taller not just getting wider.

i think your weight is average, but lets just say if your stomach hangs out of your shirts and you could do a few crunches everyday to tighten up your stomach.

but dont worry about it, if your really concered about your weight, eating to where your satisfied (not stuffed) would help. and excercise a few times a week.

thats a shame, your mom getting on your back about that. when she says that your fat i would just say, "wow thanks a lot mom". hopefully she would start feeling bad, but yeah that is messed up.

No offense, but your mom sounds very... mean. She kept on teasing you when you asked her to stop, but she shouldn't have started teasing you in the first place! I think it's pretty pathetic if she calls you "fat" and a "pig" when she gets mad. Bullying is not a good way to control anger.

Since you're 5'7", your weight is pretty normal, right? You're healthy, and that's all that matters. Do what TW/P said and don't let the insults get to your head, 'cause you're going to start believing it. You don't want to think, "I'm fat" all the time, do you? :)

Besides, I'm 5'5 1/2" (I think I'm about 5'6" now) and weigh around... 125? I'm not too sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back