Tamagotchi VS Parents

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaSweetie

Reaction score
I am one of the unlucky ones here with this dilemma, because my parents believe that Tamas distract my studying, and they think that playing with them is a waste of time. I know that if I tell them that caring for Tamas can help me develop caring and responsibility, etc. they would just think that it's 'little kids' stuff'. I know I need to respect my parents and understand that they have high hopes for me, but on the other hand Tamagotchi is one of my interests, and nobody has the right to stop me participating in my hobbies! Does anybody else here have parents who hate Tamas and have the same issues?

Well, my parents don't really care.

But, I suggest that maybe you only play with them on the weekends, or when you don't have to study/do homework.

Then, you will be respecting your parents and be able to have fun with your tamagotchi.

I have the very problem. In my mind, Tamas are always first. I tend to quarrel with my parents over them. I know they care for me but it really doesn't seem like care when the don't let me do what I want to. I always play with my Tamas after I finished my work but there isn't always enough time. I hope to be able to change my parents' opinion about Tamas.

I'm 24, so playing with tamagotchis is actually my own business and my parents don´t tell me what to do anymore. But of course, when I was visiting them only last Sunday and checked my v4 curtly at the coffee table, my mother had to ask me if that wasn´t a toy for little kids "like your sister had one 1997, remember?". Well, I told them, yes kids play with it, but Japanese fully grown men do also, and I love the Japanese lifestyle and little gadgets, AS YOU KNOW (that´s a good trick: making parents fond of a thing because they´d never admit that they didn´t know I love Japan - works at least for mine <3). ;)

I'm 24, so playing with tamagotchis is actually my own business and my parents don´t tell me what to do anymore. But of course, when I was visiting them only last Sunday and checked my v4 curtly at the coffee table, my mother had to ask me if that wasn´t a toy for little kids "like your sister had one 1997, remember?". Well, I told them, yes kids play with it, but Japanese fully grown men do also, and I love the Japanese lifestyle and little gadgets, AS YOU KNOW (that´s a good trick: making parents fond of a thing because they´d never admit that they didn´t know I love Japan - works at least for mine <3). :lol:
I also don't live with my parents, as I am 21. BUT I may have some solutions?

If you don't have any animals at home and your parents are bugging you for playing with your tama, you could always say "At least I'm not at your feet begging for a puppy"

Also, If the problem is that your parents are saying you play with it too much, you could always go outside and play with it somewhere. Or move away from them and play with it in your room. Pretend you have to have a huge poop and play with it in the bathroom lol

All in all parents seem to pick on there kids when they have nothing better to do. I suggest getting away from them, and quietly playing in solitude.

Well, as long as your schoolwork is getting done and you're not letting your Tamagotchi take over your life, then I don't see what the problem is. And you might want to tell your parents that too. ^_^

I also don't live with my parents, as I am 21. BUT I may have some solutions?
If you don't have any animals at home and your parents are bugging you for playing with your tama, you could always say "At least I'm not at your feet begging for a puppy"

Also, If the problem is that your parents are saying you play with it too much, you could always go outside and play with it somewhere. Or move away from them and play with it in your room. Pretend you have to have a huge poop and play with it in the bathroom lol

All in all parents seem to pick on there kids when they have nothing better to do. I suggest getting away from them, and quietly playing in solitude.
Ooooh, of course I'm not living with my parents anymore either - I moved out when I was 19. And if I wanted a new pet, I would of course get me one myself and wouldn't have to bother my parents with that (but I actually do have a dog AND a cat... and I would never compare them to tamagotchis).

You see, my point was that even though I'm completely independent from my parents and do what I like, they still can't hold back with at least one of "these comments", these typical parental I-don't-understand-why-you're-playing-with-that-stupid-thing-remarks. But that's no reason to hide anything from them or to start a discussion; it's my business after all, and I respect them and they respect me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents think that tamas are for little kids too. When I asked if we could go and buy a v5, my mom was like "um... aren't those a little,well, for little kids?" But I still like them. What I do is I just play them in my room. Sometimes the people in my family dont see them for so long that they think I'm not playing with them anymore.

my mom is ok with my four tamas ( i just got five today and she doesnt know yet) but she gets annoyed that i want more and more and that i want to collect im 10 years old i have a good reason to collect something thats interests me and that i love she does NOT get a say in what i like and want.

My mom loves them! She lets me play with them as much as I want. :D I have at least 4 tams but my V4 is broken! I love being able to play with my tamas at school too! (My mom's a teacher and she works in her class every night (ugh, boring) but I get to stay and Play!!

@ @

o

:D B) ;) ;)

My mom does not really mind.And, she still lets me play it.Sometimes, she lets me bring it along when we go on vacations.She even used to let me bring it to school.

And advice for people who's parents hate tamas:

Tell them:Mom/Dad, its not like when I was little.It's not like I cry everytime you don't give me stuff that I like."

my parents dont really care that much - in fact, they've never complained about tamagotchis. I guess they are glad that I still have at least one kid toy (im 11). So im lucky I guess.

But just make sure that while you play, that your grades are good, and that you always make a point of letting your parents see you do one little thing w/o ur tamagotchi, like a family dinner w/o the tamagotchi may reassure them.

I am one of the unlucky ones here with this dilemma, because my parents believe that Tamas distract my studying, and they think that playing with them is a waste of time. I know that if I tell them that caring for Tamas can help me develop caring and responsibility, etc. they would just think that it's 'little kids' stuff'. I know I need to respect my parents and understand that they have high hopes for me, but on the other hand Tamagotchi is one of my interests, and nobody has the right to stop me participating in my hobbies! Does anybody else here have parents who hate Tamas and have the same issues?
:) B) to tell u the truth my parents actually don't mind me playing with tamas it is one thing i LOVE doing, but then ur parents and ur education is quite important. :kuribotchi: :furawatchi: u could try sitting ur parents down and talking to them about what u like to do. if that doesn't help well..... im not sure i can say much more!! :furawatchi: :wacko: :wacko: :( B) :D

hope i help u alot

memetchi7 good luck :ph34r: :)

I don't spend that much time on my tamagotchi.

I train it, and feed it and all that stuff often, but it doesn't take too long.

Also, I play the games when I don't have anything to do.

I'm sixteen, and my mother just laughs at me.

But if my tama beeps for training and I'm in another room, my mother will call me and say, "Your baby is crying!"

I guess I'm lucky.

I don't spend that much time on my tamagotchi.I train it, and feed it and all that stuff often, but it doesn't take too long.

Also, I play the games when I don't have anything to do.

I'm sixteen, and my mother just laughs at me.

But if my tama beeps for training and I'm in another room, my mother will call me and say, "Your baby is crying!"

I guess I'm lucky.
hahahahah when one of my (five) tamas beep my sister says "your baby's crying!" too hehehehhehe LOL

:unsure: i'm just a kid, and my parents

thinks tama's are good for me so i learn

responsibility & next year, i might get

a puppy! :angry: i'm allowed to use my tama

everyday. EVEN AT SCOOL! :wacko: thats radd, lol..

<3.

im only a little kid and my mom takes care of them while im at school :p i have 1 v4.5 and i play with a v3 (it belongs to my brother) anyway i dont have homework :mellow: YET! i just started school (gr. 3) anyway my mom likes tamagotchis. i never did my homwork tho :p :D :D i didnt fail. anyway why would parents hate tamas> Heres a tip: Try to show them that tamagotchis are something that teach you to take care of animals and stuff. but remember: they aint on a screen!

:D If you are getting good grades and getting your homework done, your parents should have no room to complain.

I had horrible parents who would change rules around just to yell at me and accuse me of stuff I didn't do just because. (and I got awards of excellence every year! I was even student of the year!) If you have a problem like this where you are simply dealing with people who are unreasonable, hide your 'gotchi. Take frequent trips to the bathroom to check on him, keep the sound off, learn how to be stealthy with the lil'guy and slowly re-introduce him or if they are really bad, keep it a secret. There's not much you can do about stuff like that until you move out, you know?

NOTE: The suggestions above are for extreme cases only. This is not the answer for most cases

[SIZE=8pt]I don't spend too much time on my Tamagotchis, but I do care for them, train them, and play with them on a regular basis.[/SIZE]

Therefore my parents don't really care about them, although sometimes they think it's a bit weird that I'm almost fifteen and still playing 'little kid games'. Oh well, I like my Tamas, so I don't really care what anyone else has to say about them. :(

Maybe have a set amount of time you can play with your tama and then do your homework.....after your homeworks done you can play them as much as you want:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back