Tamagotchis...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireball602

Reaction score
Im just wondering do you think tamagotchis are to girly?

Some of my friends make fun of me because they think there to girly

I ignor them but still...What do you think?

No! My brother queued up apprently for 4 hours outside toys are us when they very first came out. Two boys in my school also own them. Theres plenty of boy shells. ts a Unisex, Uniage toy for everyone :furawatchi:

:D Tamagotchi were originally geared for a female audience but being geared towards and specificly being a girls toy are two different things. It is a fun toy. It's not just a girls toy. If you have fun with it don't feel bad. It's a virtual pet. It is traditionally a female trait to want to care for things but that doesn't mean that guys don't ever want to take care of things as well.

Would you ever think your friend is girly for taking care of his dog or fish? No? Then don't feel like caring for a Tamagotchi is too girly.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way!

Tamagotchi's are for everyone.Theres nothing "girly" about taking care of a virtual pet.There are boy shell designs for tamagotchi's,too.If you are having fun with it don't let your friends stop you because of a silly little comment.

Just like darkredphantomex mentioned,would you think taking care of a real pet was girl? nope.So don't let any one stop you from what you like.

If you're going to go with the stereotype, fine by me. Tamagotchi is more popular with girls because I suppose they enjoy raising things. They get to be the mom, a stereotype that was big in the 50's. You could say the tamagotchi is like a barbie doll, except you can take care of it and it responds to love. See? Right there. Love. Little Johnny gets his toy trucks and little Amanda gets her doll. Except in the twenty first century, it could be that little Amanda gets her tamagotchi while little Johnny gets his video games.

In Japan, more females who purchase tamagotchis. But it is important to remember: don't let gender ratios get you down. Buy whatever you want to if you really like it.

No! My brother queued up apprently for 4 hours outside toys are us when they very first came out. Two boys in my school also own them. Theres plenty of boy shells. ts a Unisex, Uniage toy for everyone :D
my brother loves tamas and he has one with a boy shell if they where targeted for teenage girls they wouldnt have boy shell designs! tamas rock!! ;)

Honestly, they may be geared towards high school girls but even so most of the designs go both ways, very few of the tamas have designs that are 'limited' to girls, to be honest i'm a 20 year old guy who first bought one of these way back in '97 and have been collecting them ever since, only recently after the V1 came out did I start my collection back up and have bought the PC back V4.5, and a brand new V5 (which in my eyes is really an unofficial 5.5 with it's new games, and faster point system). Theres absolutely nothing wrong with being a guy and owning tamas, i actually have 3 running right now :D

I dont think so,,,,if tamagotchi is the one who'll make you happy you may use it,,,and besides theres nothing wrong with it,,,,they have also a designs for boys right???so its not all for girls,,,and im also playing tamagotchi and im a boy!!!!!,,,

no way!!!!!!!!!! tamagotchies r not to girly!!! my brother likes to play with mine at home sometimes he babysits them for me!! i see boys at my school playing with them and they seem to love them!!! so it dosn't matter what ur friends say if u like tamas then u can liking tamas!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥no way!!!!!!!!!! tamagotchies r not to girly!!! my brother likes to play with mine at home ♥

♥sometimes he babysits them for me!! i see boys at my school playing with them and they♥ ♥seem to love them!!! so it dosn't matter what ur friends say if u like tamas then u can ♥ ♥ liking tamas! ♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

yah your right I and my brother also play

tamagotchis!!!!and we're both boyzz so there's nothing wrong with it!!!

No, they are meant to be unisex. I think V2's were pretty girly, but Bandai makes plenty of guy oriented designs now. :D

Maybe it's just that they're more popular with girls, and it looks kinda cute. So people get the misconception that it's only for girls. But you shouldn't care! Unisex! And I'd be glad if my boyfriend had one. Ah, my tamagotchi wouldn't be so lonely then.

It's not girly at all. I'm a girl, but I don't see any difference. Tamagotchis are toys, and they're not considered as "girl toys" or "boy toys". Tamagotchis are not girly, childish, or manly. They're for both genders. So no sweat. Tell you friends that Tamagotchis are for both genders. Not for god's sake. =D

~ilovekuchipa555~

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥no way!!!!!!!!!! tamagotchies r not to girly!!! my brother likes to play with mine at home ♥

♥sometimes he babysits them for me!! i see boys at my school playing with them and they♥ ♥seem to love them!!! so it dosn't matter what ur friends say if u like tamas then u can ♥ ♥ liking tamas! ♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

yah your right I and my brother also play

tamagotchis!!!!and we're both boyzz so there's nothing wrong with it!!!
That seems abit like spam to me :lol:

Anywho, I think tam's are for both genders. They seem to be more popular for girls, but theres nothing wrong with a boy liking them :]

Tamas are definately for both boys and girls.There are plenty of designs that look nice for the guys, so stop worrying and enjoy your tamas!

Bandai has made many skin designs that are unisex and some that are leaning more towards boys even (such as the techno sound). But the thought of a boy taking care of a virtual pet does strike me the wrong way, I must admit. (though I am not judging anyone, of course). It's ok for a boy to like tamagotchis. but I do think a majority of girls are interested in them. To end a shorter post of mine ((giggles)) , I've stated my opinion.

//Ms.MilkMalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back