Getting banned from the site you love...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii-Kitty

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a tad obsessed with a forum (not tamatalk XD) and I was banned for 5 days! I asked why via-email and it was because I posted on a spam thread! No one else ever gets in trouble for that... :)

I have 3 violation points against me, and if I get 5, I'll be permabanned. I don't want to be permabanned, but with the site's strict rules, I'm becoming afraid to post!

It might be easy for you to say "just follow the rules and you'll be fine." I do follow the rules, but some mini-mod reports me for something not fair at all.

Am I too obsessed? How can I leave the site and move on with my life? Should I never go on again? What should I do?

Thanks. :)

You could always go on the site, but only post in threads that really interest you. When you're not posting in everything you possibly can, there's less chance that an annoying mini-mod will have something to report you for.

And if it carries on, talk to an actual mod or administrator about it, if you have enough to hold against them.

Just don't get too caught up in it. It's a website, and you could always move on if you wanted.

If you are getting banned from the site, why go back? I'd say leave, and find another forum that really interests you.

Okay, so I'm a tad obsessed with a forum (not tamatalk XD) and I was banned for 5 days! I asked why via-email and it was because I posted on a spam thread! No one else ever gets in trouble for that...  :mimitchi:
I have 3 violation points against me, and if I get 5, I'll be permabanned. I don't want to be permabanned, but with the site's strict rules, I'm becoming afraid to post!

It might be easy for you to say "just follow the rules and you'll be fine." I do follow the rules, but some mini-mod reports me for something not fair at all.

Am I too obsessed? How can I leave the site and move on with my life? Should I never go on again? What should I do?

Thanks. :wacko:
I'm banned off this fourm forever, and i'm posting. Lolz, I get up first. I'm sneaky. :lol:

OH, you meant it was a ban from the SITE? oh. sorry. xD

That's never happened to me before. I don't have anything worthwhile.

Cecib :wacko:

Find the minimod, make their life on that forum living underworld, and then walk away.
...really bad advice.
Hmm.. I like it. 8D

Yea I remember back when vmk was opened they banned me for a month once for no reason they thought I was swearing and flaming but I wasn't it was another chick who was in the room I guess someone reported me by mistake. And neopets tsk tsk tsk on them they froze my main for no reason I was so mad then I just started playing gaia lol because I heard they weren't as strict. But I'd have to say leave the site for a while to cool off. And I don't think I've ever had a problem on here before I seem to get along with everyone pretty well ( except a few I won't say any names there on my block list it isn't anyone in this forum by the way ok? )

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.. Just continue posting on that site and avoid mini-mods. ;D

If you get banned again then screw it..

Ask why you should get banned for posting on a spam thread. I personally don't think that's very fair. You might have not known it was a spam thread! It's not your fault! That's just mean of them to do that. Totally not fair.

If you are constantly getting blamed for things and getting banned, etc, there are probably much better forums out there.

I would post a departure post, stating why you are leaving, calmly. That way the staff gets the message on what they are doing wrong so they can keep their members in the future. The staff can choose to not listen, but that's there loss.

I'd move on.

If the mini-mod is bothering you, maybe you could tell the admin politely that you were banned for things that are perfectly fine to do. If this continues and action isn't taken, maybe you could calmly leave the forum and find a forum with a bit of a better staff. ^_^

nonTT? Is that what you're talking about? I was banned from that website... But eh, not a big deal really. Just avoid the website until the ban is over. Then post again. It's not like you were banned permanantly.

I think she was actually talking about a forum that isn't tamatalk at all. See? She said "(not tamatalk. XD)". Shouldn't that be fairly obvious? And I mean, who on earth comes to the sister site of the site they got banned off of to ask for advice...?

Well, you could leave before this turns into an obsession!

Or, if you really love going on the site, you could always make a new account. :D

Or, you could be all music referency, and...

Give 'em Hell, Kid.

-giggles and skids away-

[overtired dorks are weird. scientific fact.]

I think she was actually talking about a forum that isn't tamatalk at all. See? She said "(not tamatalk. XD)". Shouldn't that be fairly obvious? And I mean, who on earth comes to the sister site of the site they got banned off of to ask for advice...?
Oh lol. I thought she wrote non tamatalk. xDD

I've been suspended from a forum before, 3 weeks, I think. When I came back, I b****** about it on my blog there.

Leave the site, it must suck big time. I leave forums randomly, even the ones I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back