Tamagotchi color?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the "Tamagotchi Plus Color" ("Tamagotchi Plus" is the series name for all models released in Japan in the past 4 years, similar to the way all models released outside of Japan have been "Tamagotchi Connection")

The Tamagotchi Plus Color will be released for sale in Japan on November 22, 2008

The price will be 5040 yen (about $50)

Click the images shown at the bottom of that page to see short animation clips.

Note: I've heard from some people who have seen Bandai's catalog, and this will not be the V6.

Note: I've heard from some people who have seen Bandai's catalog, and this will not be the V6.
How do you get to see the catalog?

I do feel rather sad that it will not be V6 though...

How do you get to see the catalog?
I do feel rather sad that it will not be V6 though...
I think you have to work for the purchasing department in the head office of a company that sells Bandai products, or work for a distrubutor of Bandai products.

The TMGC+C is good step towards future but strangely I felt the animations are similar to past tamagotchis. I'd def buy it if the animations are smoother and graphic-heavy.

I think why this version won't be released outside japan is because some of the places tama characters visit to are in japan. If we want this version, then bandai US and Asia hv to change some places to more international places like the ones in tama expo.

Note that the train bringing tama characters is shinasken (dunno spelling, sorry!), not the normal trains we have back in our countries. my bet is we probably may get this next july due to translations and changing places to suit USA and Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh great! They do have a search name now... (Or did... ) This will help me keep eyes out for them... Hopefully not $50 here though... Probably be more like 30................ I would guess. :)

This looks so awshum! ^_^ Full color!!

I think it should be released outside of Japan. When does it come out?

November 22, like the others? : P

Good. I'll be able to get one for christmas...

Cecib :D

Oh thank you so much:D I just hope if it does come it out in asia it won't be that much. That is very cool that it is in color, but if it's not the v6 then I wonder what it is? Maybe it will be a spin off like tamagotchi. Kind of like that tamagotchi music thing. :D

:rolleyes: Okay, so I always assume the worst.... It's a major step-up and all and the features look cool.... but look at the actual pictures of the thing in action. There seems to be no back light which means that trying to play with the thing is like trying to play with the original Game Boy Advance or your phone with the back light off. Worse yet, it looks more like the Game Boy Color if anyone remembers that.

Now, remeber how hard it is to see a color LCD screen without back lighting and then try to think of how hard it would be to see the same screen EVEN SMALLER!

Okay, so then lets assume that there is a back light, how quickly are the batteries gonna run out? Shouldn't there be a rechargeable battery by now in those things? :D I suppose there is no telling but I wouldn't get too excited about it yet especially with that $50 price tag...

OH!! Thanks for the links Black Candy. Those are awesome! :blink:

It won't be out in the US/Europe/Asia November 22nd. It will be in Japan. But that's Japan.

If it comes out in the US, it will probably be a couple months after November 22nd at least.

Tamas usually release later in Asia than in the US. So Asia will have a while. I'm not sure on Europe.

That is going off of past releases.

I'm taking Japanese at school. So in the future I may be able to help translate Japanese pages.

I can read a lot of the page Oumashta posted the link to, but I can read it in Japanese. So as I read it, I can speak it in Japanese. Right now my Japanese vocabulary is pretty limited, as we are focasing on learning all the symbols first. So as my Japanese gets better, I'll be able to help. :furawatchi:

That's exciting. ;D

Shouldn't there be a rechargeable battery by now in those things? :eek:
I suppose you could use rechargable AAA batteries, they didn't mention you can't. The pictures may not show backlight but maybe there is. Maybe the display "time-outed' before the picture is taken so the backlight is not shown.

Anyway, I can't wait to get one. Even with the hefty price tag. It is too "Kawaii"!!! :angry: :(

the reason why it's priced $50 is that it's in colour, meaning more time and effort is involved to make it look very appealing. Programming in black/white is much simpler than in colour. Note some animations are much detailed than those in black/white. And not forgetting the many items they offer in colour version! More items means more work for them to program and design.

The materials used to assemble a tamagotchi are also considered higher than the previous tamas.

As for battery, a rechargable battery will be good idea. Imagine millions of used up batteries!!!

i'm definetly getting this no matter how much I have to pay. 8/

Hopefully for Xmas.

Cecib ^_^

^_^ Okay, so I always assume the worst.... It's a major step-up and all and the features look cool.... but look at the actual pictures of the thing in action. There seems to be no back light which means that trying to play with the thing is like trying to play with the original Game Boy Advance or your phone with the back light off. Worse yet, it looks more like the Game Boy Color if anyone remembers that.
Now, remeber how hard it is to see a color LCD screen without back lighting and then try to think of how hard it would be to see the same screen EVEN SMALLER!

Okay, so then lets assume that there is a back light, how quickly are the batteries gonna run out? Shouldn't there be a rechargeable battery by now in those things?  :D I suppose there is no telling but I wouldn't get too excited about it yet especially with that $50 price tag...

OH!! Thanks for the links Black Candy. Those are awesome! :p
Judging by this picture below it seems that the Tamagotchi Plus Color does have a blacklit LCD.

https://kuchipatch-tamaeiga.com/2007/P1000016.jpg

Wow, this thing looks so cool! I want one now. I think its great that they have added color. This is deifnitly one of the most legendary tamagotchis

Actually... thinking about it... I wonder why they even bother to release new versions of Tamagotchi as a hardware product. Considering that practically every child (and many adults) in Japan have a Nintendo DS Lite, Bandai could have released this as a software cartridge for the DS. They could charge the same price, but their production costs would be way lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back