Recorders

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cecib

Reaction score
Okay. At my school, every person in the fourth grade gets and learns how to play a recorder.

Today we got them. When we got out of school, everybody was, like, playing the highest,

screechiest squeakiest note. xD

Me and my companions made a 'peace song'. i'm gonna make sheet music later and hopefully

scan it. As said, we got them today, so we made the song out of the three beginner notes.

I didn't make it, because it was made at lunch recess and I go home for lunch.

Cecib :rolleyes:

I got one in the 4th grade too, but I seriously sucked at it. I suck at most instruments.
I heard that if you're good at math, you're good at music.
Your right, buts its vice versa. Its if your good at Music your good at:

-Math

and

-Hand skills(Cursive handwriting,neat handwriting and art,etc,.)

I played Recorder. Because I play Flute, I can probably play Morning Mood and Largo From New World. :3 Not trying to brag, but I'm really good at those songs on flute. If I [ever] find my recorder, i'll play it.

EDIT:

Just to tell you, when I say I play Flute, I don't mean Recorder, I play both but Flute has a hole you blow over and Recorder is more like a clarinet, minus the reed, but Flute,Saxophone,Oboe,Clarinet [And bassoon?] use the same fingerings as a recorder. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
^I see. I'm bad at math, but good at drawing and stuff.
I couldn't play my violin well either, though. I can play half of 'Hot Cross Buns' on my recorder.
I remember Hot Cross buns that is so EASY. No offense bcus ur a beginner

OMG Hot Cros Buns is like the EASIEST THING to EVER play!

I hate the recorder. I play 2 much more diffucult intruments. The flute and piccolo.

Your right, buts its vice versa. Its if your good at Music your good at:-Math

and

-Hand skills(Cursive handwriting,neat handwriting and art,etc,.)

I played Recorder. Because I play Flute, I can probably play Morning Mood and Largo From New World. :3 Not trying to brag, but I'm really good at those songs on flute. If I [ever] find my recorder, i'll play it.

EDIT:

Just to tell you, when I say I play Flute, I don't mean Recorder, I play both but Flute has a hole you blow over and Recorder is more like a clarinet, minus the reed, but Flute,Saxophone,Oboe,Clarinet [And bassoon?] use the same fingerings as a recorder. :3
Ugh that is CRAP!

I am AWESOME at my intruments. And awesome at playing my music, especially on piccolo since I've been playing less than a year. I'm even playing it in this years marching show with an awesome solo!

Anyways... I am NOT good at math. Basics like adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, yeah I good at those. But this year I have to take geometry! And thats HARD! And my handwriting is SOOO messy!

I played good at the Recorder two years ago... But know I stink at it. I can't play one note! But I am in chorus and I'm good at math and drawing.

Ugh that is CRAP!
I am AWESOME at my intruments. And awesome at playing my music, especially on piccolo since I've been playing less than a year. I'm even playing it in this years marching show with an awesome solo!

Anyways... I am NOT good at math. Basics like adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, yeah I good at those. But this year I have to take geometry! And thats HARD! And my handwriting is SOOO messy!
What is?? D: I thought you meant when I said I could play Morning Mood on Flute very well(I can play it from memory...Now I need to remember the F major scale, on trombone. ;___; ). xDDD

I'm awesome at flute. I'm pretty good on trombone..And now I want to play Tuba for Symphonic(7th grade) band. 8] I'll probably end up playing Trombone for Jazz... I just hope I'll be good at Tuba. [And quit begging poor Mr.H asking him "When can I take the Tuba home?" After trying out the tuba. ]

I'm not good at Multiplying nor division. I need a chart to halp me. :| (I fail don't I?)

My handwriting... Is quite small, not mirco sized, but not 1st grader sized (BIG handwriting)... No offence to anyone. :3 Its NOT THAT neat...My cursive is WAY better. :3 Not trying to brag.

We had to learn how to play the recorder, as well. I absolutely hated it.

Music class was probably my least favorite, because we had to learn how to play cheap instruments, sing, and often had to do hand motions. D:<

I already knew how to play the piano by then, so I could have cared less what grade I had in music. Our teacher was creepy, too. He always smiled and bugged out his eyes when we came in. o.o

At my school you learn to play the recorder in third grade.

*gasp* I REMEMBER DOING THAT!!!

I rocked at it, but whenever I went in front of the class to play, I started laughing.

No they dont. A Clarinet is way more advanced than a little recorder.

No they dont. A Clarinet is way more advanced than a little recorder.
Smack me.PlzThx. :]

They don't? I thought so. D: *Hopefully the edit button is avaible..;__;* Tree. It isn't

Oi.Thats what happens when the instrument you play most is Brass, *sighs*..So sad. But we can't always be right.. And about fingerings, I didn't mean notes, I mean where you place your fingers...Am I wrong? Can Clarinets play "Trail"? I know Saxophones can, Flutes can too.

Anyways, Like Pickachu lover,

I play harder instruments, the Flute and Trombone. I hope to play Tuba soon, same w/ Alto Flute.

I kind of liked Recorder, not as much as Trombone or Flute: Now those ARE FUN. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back