Interesting news.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeroVen

Reaction score
The Ohio State School for the blind's Marching panthers will be participating in the 2010 Parade of Roses. We will fly to pasadina calif. And make our way though the 6 Mile parade.

We are the first BLIND marching band in the country, maybe even the world....

And Where marching in the Rose parade~

Woo us~

**Please refrain from making remarks like that. Rude behaviour is not acceptable here. If you have any questions about our rules, feel free to PM me about it. -AH

Last edited by a moderator:
*removed*
What the hell!?

Dude, she was probably just saying that it's interesting that you're blind NOT IN A BAD WAY! It's just that we don't have many blind people here in tamatalk.

How can you be typing this let alone play with a tamagotchi if you cant see?

whoa, crystalstars, I was just saying that it was interesting that she was blind, like iweride said. I did not mean it was cool in a bad way.

No offense, but this topic kind of sounds attention seeking. especially this part "We are the first BLIND..." it seems like you are saying this for attention :/ plus looking over your posts, it looks to me as though you can see :/

I used a tama for a few weeks...then I spilled milk on it.

XD

Anyways, that's cool. Do you have one of those speech to text converted thingerbingers? Those are cool.

Ah, very cool that you're going to participate in a marching band! ^^

Uhm, she's probably legally blind, which means your blind, but if you wear these really thick glasses, you can see.

But, still, congrats on the band!

-Temari Nara

Gah now I can view this topic, it said it was deleted.

Anyways.

I am partly blind, only in one eye, I have 20/60 in the other.

And no, I just couldn't find the news arctical. myself We are the first blind marching band.

and as for blind peo[ple on the computer, it's called JAWs

Job axcess with speech, it converts all text on the screen to a audio formatting.

xD I don't really use tama's, my blind friend does, memorize the menu and you've got it.

Anyways, No Why would I lie about being blind? Thats just ignorant and stupid.

I am the Bass Drummer..was the snare xD But I traded. I might play Baritone for the parade.

And Blind people can do anything, this isn't for attention anyways, it's just.. I was hyped up. We are the first, and I'm proud of that, it's not attention seeking, again why?

And The news arctical for those who care.

~~~~~~~~~~

COLUMBUS, Ohio—Students at the Ohio State School for the Blind screamed with joy when they learned their marching band will make history at the 2010 Tournament of Roses Parade.

It will be the first time a blind marching band takes part in the flower-bedecked parade in Pasadena, Calif., said the school's music director, Carol Agler.

It's the only blind marching band in the whole country, she said.

Sighted assistants help band members stay in formation.

Stacy Houser, the parade's music committee chairwoman, said Monday she hopes the selection will be an inspiration to others.

There was no immediate response Tuesday to calls seeking comment from parade organizers.

The band and the rest of the student body got the news during an assembly Monday when Agler held her cell phone up to a microphone for the announcement from Gary DiSano, president of the 2010 parade. The school's students range from kindergartners to high schoolers.

Macy McClain, the band's flute and piccolo player, compared the honor to being picked for "American Idol." "Except you don't have to stand in line," she said.

The band was formed in 2005 when the football team from the neighboring Ohio School for the Deaf was looking for a band to play at its games. Band members have played in parades before, though never in anything as long as the nearly 6-mile Rose Parade, so they'll be practicing on treadmills, Agler said.

Agler said the school will

need to raise an estimated $1,500 in travel costs for each person making the trip, including the 17 band members and a number of alumni to beef up their ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back