How do YOU say "manga"?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockwave

Reaction score
Wistfully, a utopic novel...MS seems dystopic.
Well, I always thought "manga" was said "MAYN-ga".

...but then I met some crazy-obsessed otakus who call it "MAHN-ga". It's acceptable to say it both ways, but now I'm wondering. How do YOU say "manga"?

If you say "manga" some other way, please post. I'm interested in what other way there is to say it. x]

I thought was the most reasonable place to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong place. ;)

EDIT:

Capitalization error. Ahhh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mahn-ga.

Just note, an otaku is actually a person who has an unhelthy obsesion with something, loving anime/manga doesn't automatically make you an otaku. :/

I say mahn-ga because that's how I heard it in the Philippines where I started watching anime and reading manga.

But I rarely say it because I get embarassed when I say stuff like that.

Mahn-ga.
Just note, an otaku is actually a person who has an unhelthy obsesion with something, loving anime/manga doesn't automatically make you an otaku. :/
That's not how I define otaku. I don't use it as an insult/passively poking a mental illness like some people do. I use it as describing someone who loves anime/manga much more than your average fan.

I know that. However, it's usually associated with anime/manga. Usually, I just call people with unhealthy obsessions "unfortunate addicts" (UA for short) but since they're my friends and they think that's degrading, I call them otakus. x] I think they want to be called otakus, anyway.
So basically anyone that likes manga well enough to call it the appropriate way MAHN-GA is an otaku? =/

DemonSlayer:

I edited that out, what I said the first time didn't make any sense on a second read.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm just asking what other people called it. :/ I was wondering if the more hardcore fans pronounced it MAHN-ga.

mayn-ga

even if its pronouned mahn-ga...

I think that thoughts of mangos are cool

because thats what it reminds me of. :/

I pronounce it Mahn-ga.

As far as I know, mayn-ga is the improper pronunciation. I almost get a bit upset when people say it that way o_o

Hmm. I hang out with some "Manga is my life" people, and they have a cow when I say mayn-ga instead of mahn-ga. (I like manga too, but I'm more of an anime person.) So, I guess it is the proper pronounciation, but I still say mayn-ga. That's how I say it in my head, so that's how I say it out loud.

I pernounce it MAYN-ga.

although I don't really pernounce the N. so I say it MAY-ga. that's just how I talk. I can never pernounce Ns right.

:(

Latest posts

Back