Bandai says no Tamagotchi Color for US!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodou

Reaction score
I got a letter from Bandai.

-------

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for your interest in Tamagotchi.

The Tamawalkie will NOT be coming out as a V6.

The Tamagotchi plus color will NOT be available in the US.

----

That seems not fair at all.

I'm really mad now. But I guess I'll stand out in my town. Having a Tamagotchi color and no one else having one.

you know in a way that's kind of good....

It would be a bit annoying to buy the japanese version (which costs an arm and a leg) only to find an english one released soon after. too much money for both!

Although I like the japanese gotch's much better, I can't speak japanese. So I hope there are some nice and detailed blogs/guides made for the TMGC+C ^_^

I just emailed them on Thursday and they never emailed me back. I will post if my answer is different.....but I have a feeling it's not gonna be.

:p

wheres the link to this email?? :)
It's an email. Generally there won't be a link to an email. If Bandai published a press release on their web site, we could give you a link to that.

I wrote Bandai America and here's what they finally said:

Thank you for your interest in Tamagotchi.

Currently there are no plans of introducing a Tamagotchi with color in the US.

While Bandai as a whole manufactures Tamagotchis worldwide, there are product differences between Japan, the U.S. and other countries. The product lineups are therefore tailored to each market and its audience.

Overall, Bandai America strives to deliver a versatile toy line each year that features tremendous play value, fun, safety, collectibility, and with a wide variety of price points.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Bandai America, Inc.

Consumer Services

I wonder if any English-speaking country will get it. Maybe we should do a petition.

Dove

:lol: :lol:

I think its fair 100%

Just because America doesn't get the Tamagotchi color doesn't mean you can't get one.

You can make this you chance to learn Japanese!

I know Shipping makes it a lot. But if you really want it, you'll get it.

The music star is out.

You can get that tamagotchi instead. A lot of rumors have been going out recently, and i heard it will be releasing in the US next week!

-Darrelan

But we have all the tamagotchis!Its not fair if they just stop.Have a heart Bandi!
Actually, no, we don't. There are tonnes of Tamagotchis that have only been released in Japan. We DO NOT get all the Tamagotchis. Japan gets all the Tamagotchis. All the Japanese Tamas are thousands of times better than the English Tamas.

I tried to go to the link to sign it, but I can't get there. I think I'm gonna email Bandai again and ask if there are any plans to make an English version - just in general. Since this is a more general question, we may get a more favorable answer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back